BANK SELECT via MIDI...iOS SYNTHS.
** PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ON THIS THREAD WITH UPDATED APP INFO FOR THIS LIST AND I'LL MAKE CHANGES TO THIS POST, Cheers **
So, I'm trying to find those synths that will accept Bank Change messages. So far I've got Sunrizer working very nicely. Nlog says it can, but not having much luck. I'm about to have a go at Magellan, as it states that ability in its specs.
Before I look through another 20 synths, was wondering if some of you might know for sure any of those that do.
Successfully used MSB and LSB to select presets and their banks in these apps... (PC= Program Change)
- SUNRIZER (MSB for bank)
- MAGELLAN (MSB for main banks) (LSB for cache banks)
- GALILEO ( " " same as MAGELLAN)
- NANOSTUDIO EDEN (LSB for Bank Change & PC for preset)
- NLOG PRO ( some success for first bank using MSB)
- ARCTIC PRO (LSB for bank)
- THUMBJAM ( see earlier in thread for Sonosaurus' description)
- DXi (preset select via PC)
- ELECTRONIC PIANO SYNTHESIZER (preset select via PC)
SYNTH DRUM & ARP (something was changing....no idea how, where or why )
EDIT: - WAVEMAPPER (preset select via PC)
*** FORUM USER EDITS - updates by Audiobus forum users... *** NOV 13th 2016
- Animoog (preset select within current category via PC) from @gburks
- Moog Model 15 (same as Animoog) from @gburks
- Poison-202 supports preset change in standalone mode (not as AU, as far as I can tell). from @Shaken&Stirred
(Bank select 00: Bank A, Bank select 01: Bank B, Bank select 10: user preset bank UU ...followed by PC as you would expect.)
- KQ MiniSynth in standalone mode supports PC 0-127 to select presets 1-128. from @Shaken&Stirred
- from @Shaken&Stirred (@lbiyikoglu said: the next version of SynthMaster player app will include bank select and program change features.) ... I don't see SynthMaster listed in the initial post... I just verified using Sidecar, that it works, and the preset display in the UI tells exactly what MSB/LSB/PC is required to select that preset. "Pro" upgrade is required for this feature.
*** EDIT 31st August 2015..... ***
A couple of quick additions & amendments..
- Micro TERA
all now have Bank & Program-Change functionality. MSB(0) LSB(32) + Program Change # for preset.
All have Program Change working in the snapshots menu. No success with Bank Change using MSB, however I see they have NRPN functionality and I'll need to test this.
MITOSYNTH has very cool / easy Bank & Program Change functionality (thanks @dwarman). MSB(0) LSB(32) & PC
FUNKBOX - Program Change for kits.
- CAUSTIC - Program Change ( although I'm getting midi quirkiness with any midi channel 9+. Anyone else?)
- GESTRUMENT - Programme Change for presets.
I'll add more soon.
- NAVE - Bank & Program change using MSB(000) for Bank 1 (001) for Bank 2 etc. + Program Change. Thanks to @rad3d for adding this. I'm particularly happy to be able to do this with Nave.
end of EDIT
No program or bank change success with these apps...
- Nave EDIT: See above.
- Cube EDIT: see above
- Wavemapper EDIT: Wavemapper DOES send program change info.
- Grain Science
- Voice Synth
- MOBILE MUSIC SEQUENCER