Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arpeggionome is still a great solution when live jamming, and so is Korg Gadget! - Live Jam

Hey guys,

Made a Lo-Fi Hip Hop Live Jam and took advantage of the old Arpeggionome app on the iPhone to bring some perfectly tuned note clusters, just randomly touching the screen when needed. Love to do that while jamming.
Used Korg Gadget too, on the iPad, with the Kingston 8bit synth, in a similar way. A bit more difficult to catch the small keyboard with my head turned the other way, but still a great sounding app.

Then there are my hardware synths and drum machine + plus a couple of expression pedals.
You can find full details about the setup in the youtube video description.
Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Hey @Belibat ,
    Great video and a ton of useful content. Wanna ask...when setting up your gear, did you use any guide, or did the gear grow as you kept adding on more modules?

• @Samflash3 said:
    Hey @Belibat ,
    Great video and a ton of useful content. Wanna ask...when setting up your gear, did you use any guide, or did the gear grow as you kept adding on more modules?

Thanks man! I put together this rig in years. I started with just an ipad and a few apps. So i started to figure out what kind of gear i would need. Then i started getting some midi controllers. Then i switched to Ableton and started getting hardware synths and drum machine.
    I sold something during these phases.
    So, the goal was to integrate all these things together, but this rig took shape slowly and progressively according to my needs.

• @Belibat said:

@Samflash3 said:
    Hey @Belibat ,

Thanks man! I put together this rig in years. I started with just an ipad and a few apps. So i started to figure out what kind of gear i would need. Then i started getting some midi controllers. Then i switched to Ableton and started getting hardware synths and drum machine.
    I sold something during these phases.
    So, the goal was to integrate all these things together, but this rig took shape slowly and progressively according to my needs.

Awesome. Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification .