Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Intua Tutorial for Beatmaker 2 & Audiobus

https://intua.zendesk.com/entries/23177863-HOWTO-Audiobus-tutorial

Couldn't remember if anyone has posted this yet...very helpful. Even though I have a soft spot for Steinberg's products, as Cubase Score 1.0+ was my workhorse music production tool on Windows (back in the day)...and I think Cubasis has an excellent interface and holds so much potential...it just seems much too expensive, especially considering everything that is missing, features that are currently included in Beatmaker 2. With the impending Audiobus update, I'm choosing Beatmaker as the central hub for my music making endeavors on the iPad. Can't wait!

Comments

• Nice! Input and output. Any day now. Thanks, first I've seen of this.

• It's pretty new (only online since yesterday). You guys are good at finding stuff like this. :D

• The sample recorder input will speed up my workflow considerably. Can't wait for this to get approved!

• Let/s hope they've adopted the Cubasis approach, and rename the files you're recording, and putting them in a folder, not in the root.

Right now it's very messy. I've accidentally deleted some takes.

All in all it's a wonderful update. Recording my guitar through Jam Up in BM2 is a bliss. I couldn't even do live monitoring on my first PC :)) Now I can do ALL OF THIS on a freakin' tablet. And it's been like what ? 10 years... WOW

• IanIan
    edited February 2013

there's this, for recording midi... (pinched off their forum, it's not me!)

• @alexbuga

"Let/s hope they've adopted the Cubasis approach, and rename the files you're recording, and putting them in a folder, not in the root.

Right now it's very messy. I've accidentally deleted some takes.

All in all it's a wonderful update. Recording my guitar through Jam Up in BM2 is a bliss."

I don't understand. You talk like you don't have the Audiobus capable BM2 update, then you talk like you do. It isn't on the AppStore yet...

• edited February 2013

@KALT: Please make sure to follow the steps regarding sampling in the tutorial exactly. If you forget to select a source you currently end up with audio that sounds like it's slowed down. It's a minor bug that is known to Intua and we've decided that it's good enough to launch it but they'll be releasing another minor update after that which makes using it less error prone.

• edited February 2013

Hey... I'm from Brazil and BM2 update not out yet. I would appreciate this update to facilitate my productions ... can someone help me?

• The update is not live yet. Should happen some time this week.

• Will come this week yet?

• When I saw the tutorial on http://forum.audiob.us thought it was already released!

• I really hate Apple's review process. I like the approach Google takes on Android. Developers and customers have direct interaction pertaining to the testing of apps. If there's a problem with an Android update developers can immediately upload as many fixes as it takes to sort the issue out on the same day. Too bad Android is nowhere in the same ballpark as iOS when it comes to music apps.

• FYI everyone, the update still isn't out yet. I just checked twelve times. I'll update you again in 30 or 40 seconds.

• Nope. Just checked again. Still not there.

• @boone51 - feeling a bit OCD? I know the feeling!

• If we don't have the BeatMaker 2 update by tomorrow we will go to Cupertino and take a bite out of Apple!

• We need a push notification to the push notification of the update. It's annoying to force quit the App Store, open it again, click Updates...

=)))))))))))))

• This is sad but I actually dreamed about BM2 update being released last night... but alas, it was not prophetic

• @uglykidmoe I had a dream about it too! what a bunch of nerds we are : )

• I'm betting on tomorrow.

• 11 pm est tonight, So I'll be up half the night. Thats how it usually works.

• Man, Apple should make a "Verified developer" algorithm... like Twitter has with its users. If a developer is tried and tested, has a pricey app, lots of customers, etc... they should prioritize the queue for updates, or ... bypass the update review... at least for .X releases...

It's getting ridiculous to wait.

• I think this was long over due but ill say this, beatmaker and audiobus have changed the mobile production game. Now all other synth and beat apps are vst plugins now!! All that's left to put beatmaker 2 over the top is to make a desktop version so we can archive our beats and clear space on the ipads and to preview those beats at a later date and export what we need to move on to our desktop daw apps. Here is a track I made this morning to test out audiobus with beatmaker. I used Magellan jr and sound prism pro:

• Does anybody know if there will be a desktop version of beatmaker 2.0? No one at intua seems to entertain this question on there forum. The makers of nano studio have desktop version of nano and it allows me to unload my beats from my iPad and go back to them later with out having to reload them onto my iPad. But beatmaker is way better than nano and I'm a diehard beatmaker user. Maybe one of you guys here can run this by the men at intua!! I would l Iove to hear some feed back on this question. Thanks!

• @Bezaleel You missed a couple of threads with Beatmaker 2 in the title. :P