Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scaler 2 Desktop AU,VST, how hard would it be to bring this to iOS ?

edited May 2020 in Other

Probably my most used app, vst, AU on desktop (version 1).

I would love to see a dev cherry pick the best bits of Scaler 2 and make a AU or IAA version of this.

Comments

• An iOS version of Scaler is reportedly in development: https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/are-you-thinking-about-ios-scaler/2905

• i love it. incredible app, instabuy if it hits iOS

• What’s wrong with just using the midi pack?
    “You need a sweet chord progression? I got you”

• Would be an instant buy for me too. It's a brilliant plugin and source of ideas in desktop land for me.

• I’d be in the queue for that too.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    What’s wrong with just using the midi pack?

That's cold.

• Except for preset “pattern styles” feature , Suggester is an equally competent app

• its coming.. Dev mentioned after the release of 2.4 on Desktop (end of this month Desktop is released).. I was a beta tester for Scaler for the devs....

From Scaler forum.. It was on my Page when they first released Scaler so it default my thread..

''davide
    16d
    Welcome and thank you @freemix We are concurrently putting final touches on 2.4 and iOS so lots of great stuff to come over the next few months.''...

• edited May 2021

does Scaler 2 has it's own sequencer to run chords?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    does Scaler 2 has it's own sequencer to run chords?

It does

• @studs1966 said:
    its coming.. Dev mentioned after the release of 2.4 on Desktop (end of this month Desktop is released).. I was a beta tester for Scaler for the devs....

From Scaler forum.. It was on my Page when they first released Scaler so it default my thread..

''davide
    16d
    Welcome and thank you @freemix We are concurrently putting final touches on 2.4 and iOS so lots of great stuff to come over the next few months.''...

@studs1966 said:
    its coming.. Dev mentioned after the release of 2.4 on Desktop (end of this month Desktop is released).. I was a beta tester for Scaler for the devs....

''davide
    16d

Great. Can’t wait. Really like it’s functionality on my desktop. Especially that ‚restrict to chord notes’ option that transposes the white keys to the notes of the chords played by the chord sequencer. Can’t think of an iOS app that does something similar. There’s the ‚lock scale to whites only’ option in Atom but that doesn’t follow notes of the chords in a progression.
    Actually would be nice if there was such a ‚connectivity’ between Riffer and the new Chordjam app as they already play nice together.
    I also wish there were Captain Plugins on iOS as well. Maybe one day.

• @Ailerom said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:
    What’s wrong with just using the midi pack?

That's cold.

just add "the drip" plugin...
    "two clicks....and its perfect"

• @CapnWillie said:

@Foleslaw said:

@studs1966 said:

''davide
    16d

@studs1966 said:

''davide
    16d

Great. Can’t wait. Really like it’s functionality on my desktop. Especially that ‚restrict to chord notes’ option that transposes the white keys to the notes of the chords played by the chord sequencer. Can’t think of an iOS app that does something similar. There’s the ‚lock scale to whites only’ option in Atom but that doesn’t follow notes of the chords in a progression.
    Actually would be nice if there was such a ‚connectivity’ between Riffer and the new Chordjam app as they already play nice together.

I also prefer Captain Plugs to Scaler. However I don’t see them coming to ios again. I say again because they (DEv Mixed in Key) were there super early with Odessa and it didn’t go well.

I have Captain Plugins too.. What pisses me off with it, is that.... 1) Its Super expensive for what it is.. &.. 2) You need an internet connection the flipping well use it.. for 100 euroS for it.. i WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!.

• @studs1966 said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Foleslaw said:

@studs1966 said:

''davide
    16d

@studs1966 said:

''davide
    16d

I also prefer Captain Plugs to Scaler. However I don’t see them coming to ios again. I say again because they (DEv Mixed in Key) were there super early with Odessa and it didn’t go well.

I have Captain Plugins too.. What pisses me off with it, is that.... 1) Its Super expensive for what it is.. &.. 2) You need an internet connection the flipping well use it.. for 100 euroS for it.. i WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!.

I wouldn’t say it’s better than Scaler either. It’s different. Nonetheless the fluidity of midi editing in it is very nice which I couldn’t say about a whole lot of pianoroll editors I’ve tried especially on iOS that’s why I’d like to see it show up here as well. Maybe some of it’s functionality (and FL Studio pianoroll editor’s as well) will make it into Atom 2 over time.

• @Foleslaw said:

@studs1966 said:

@CapnWillie said:

@Foleslaw said:

@studs1966 said:

''davide
    16d

@studs1966 said:

''davide
    16d

I wouldn’t say it’s better than Scaler either. It’s different. Nonetheless the fluidity of midi editing in it is very nice which I couldn’t say about a whole lot of pianoroll editors I’ve tried especially on iOS that’s why I’d like to see it show up here as well. Maybe some of it’s functionality (and FL Studio pianoroll editor’s as well) will make it into Atom 2 over time.

With Scaler you can play chords on the fly, plus melody which will be all in key.. Now it had Bass, so you can ply basslines from the chord progression too..
    I also got my eye on Chordjam too?. You could put these two little darlings together, see what happens?.. Ive done it with Scaler & Cthulhu vst.. Then mess.. for experimentation purposes, with Toonstack EZBass ;-)

• edited May 2021

I’m surprised no one has mentioned ChordPolyPad as a Scaler alternative on iOS. You can generate chords in many scales and combine with StepPolyArp for arpeggiations. You can even buy chord packs like my EDM Artists Chord Pack Bundle.

Finally, if you like Scaler on desktop, you might also like Cthulhu.

• Aw hell ... this means I'm gonna have to get a new ipad with some grunt. Scaler2 is so handy on the mac ... irreplaceable. Mozart in a box. Bugger.

• Can somebody explain me what scaler does better than Chordpolypad and Chordjam?

• @Jusch1995 said:
    Can somebody explain me what scaler does better than Chordpolypad and Chordjam?

• @Foleslaw said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    I’m surprised no one has mentioned ChordPolyPad as a Scaler alternative on iOS. You can generate chords in many scales and combine with StepPolyArp for arpeggiations. You can even buy chord packs like my EDM Artists Chord Pack Bundle.

Touchscaper is the easiest ios solution. Rozeta Cells is another sequencer for chords.

Locking scales to your chord progression would be a good feature, but matching scales with chords involves experience and artistry. For me it would be like letting an algorithm choose which synth patch I should use. That said, Touchscaper does a pretty good job with it.

• It’s not gonna happen… I just heard from the developers

• Oh no. I was excited to see on their forums that it was under development. Did all development stop?

• edited November 2021

I asked in their forum and they confirmed the upcoming iOS version.

Hi @krassmann and welcome to the forum. iOS is there, we are now focussing on its release. Q1 2022.
    It’s excellent too btw!

• @krassmann said:
    I asked in their forum and they confirmed the upcoming iOS version.

Hi @krassmann and welcome to the forum. iOS is there, we are now focussing on its release. Q1 2022.
    It’s excellent too btw!

Woohooo..! Great! I have it on the desktop and it's such a great tool.