Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• Version 1.6 of Piano Motifs is now available for download!
    • Added abil­i­ty to set the key, scale and time sig­na­ture for a new mo­tif through a new Set­tings But­ton.
    • Fixed is­sue when sav­ing a file with "/" in it's name.

• @yowza said:
    Is there any possibility you could allow this to work on iOS 12? My iPad Air2 is on iOS 13 but my iPhone can't go past iOS 12 and I would love to have it on my phone. I understand if you can't because of technical limitations. I can beta test if you don't have any devices on 12. Great app!! Thanks

@yowza, unfortunately I have several apps that I support and develop, so there is really no bandwidth to support 2 versions of the OS for Piano Motifs.

• edited May 2020

@PhilW said:
    A little piece that started as a couple of Piano Motifs creations, the midi imported into Cubasis where I arranged it into this - I hope you like it. The piano is from BS-16i (S900) and all the other instruments are native to Cubasis. I would never have come up with this on my own.
    P.S. Sorry - I just realised it's got a huge "effects tail" - just stop it at the end!

Great work stitching 2 motifs together. With version 1.6 this is going to be easier with key, scale and time signature selection.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    Version 1.6 of Piano Motifs is now available for download!
    • Added abil­i­ty to set the key, scale and time sig­na­ture for a new mo­tif through a new Set­tings But­ton.
    • Fixed is­sue when sav­ing a file with "/" in it's name.

Thanks, it's very usefull to be able to select key, scale and tempo 😊👍

• Holy cow, this just became my new favorite serendipity machine. A+! Going to leave a glowing review right now.

• @azul3D_Apps : loving the update, thanks! Just one thing, unless I’m missing something, the new settings option resets to the default after each motif is generated? Might it be possible to lock this to your chosen key and bpm instead, so you can successively audition new motifs in your chosen key without having to reset each time? Also, I’d love it if you could take the bpm waaaaay down to the 20bpm which seems the lower limit for most apps. Thanks anyway for this great update - keep up the good work! :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Holy cow, this just became my new favorite serendipity machine. A+! Going to leave a glowing review right now.

@lukesleepwalker
    How are you using the serendipity machine? This can't load in AUM or AB3, correct? Are you generating audio files? Midi files?

• @Svetlovska said:
    @azul3D_Apps : loving the update, thanks! Just one thing, unless I’m missing something, the new settings option resets to the default after each motif is generated? Might it be possible to lock this to your chosen key and bpm instead, so you can successively audition new motifs in your chosen key without having to reset each time? Also, I’d love it if you could take the bpm waaaaay down to the 20bpm which seems the lower limit for most apps. Thanks anyway for this great update - keep up the good work! :)

@Svetlovska, the key, scale and time signature are locked when you use the skip button, that way if you don't like what's being generated, the next motif will have the same settings. For a completely new motif, when you press the New Motif button in the main screen, settings are reset.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    How are you using the serendipity machine? This can't load in AUM or AB3, correct? Are you generating audio files? Midi files?

Generate until you find a good one, export a midi file, move it to another midi app and develop it further

• @yowza said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Generate until you find a good one, export a midi file, move it to another midi app and develop it further

Yep. And now I generate three files and over lap and mix/match. Good stuff

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@yowza said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Can Drambo import midi files?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@yowza said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Can Drambo import midi files?

• I’m generating the midi, Then I export to audioshare, theN I set up An AUM session with musk midi player IAA and record the midi in atom piano roll. That’s been my method.

• I had some fun messing with a Piano Motif piece in E flat major, using Drambo and Spacecraft to tweak the audio.

Really enjoying the app. Would be great to also have an option to export left and right hand audio separately. Thanks for the extra work you’ve put into the app recently, it’s become more and more useful.

• @drewinnit said:
    I had some fun messing with a Piano Motif piece in E flat major, using Drambo and Spacecraft to tweak the audio.

Really enjoying the app. Would be great to also have an option to export left and right hand audio separately. Thanks for the extra work you’ve put into the app recently, it’s become more and more useful.

Beautiful. Wish I had bought the Launch Novation XL instead of the Launchpad Pro. I would really love to be able to tweek.

• I'm late to the party, but my understanding is that this app only supports "Major, Minor, Mixolydian and Dorian scales". Is there a plan to add support for user-entered scales?

• @drewinnit said:
    I had some fun messing with a Piano Motif piece in E flat major, using Drambo and Spacecraft to tweak the audio.

Cool setup, great sound!

• @GovernorSilver said:
    I'm late to the party, but my understanding is that this app only supports "Major, Minor, Mixolydian and Dorian scales". Is there a plan to add support for user-entered scales?

@GovernorSilver, this might be something that can be explored. It might be easier to add other common scales like: Lydian, Phrygian, and Locrian. The issue with user scales is with their chord progressions, you can not just use chord progressions for other scales, there will be a lot of unpleasant sounding progressions.

• Here’s the link to an online MIDI reverser:

http://tma.main.jp/midi/

Try sending the midi out from piano motifs (one channel at a time?), and using the returned reversed file as input to something. i imported it to BM3 and got something nicely useful.

• @motmeister said:
    Here’s the link to an online MIDI reverser:

Try sending the midi out from piano motifs (one channel at a time?), and using the returned reversed file as input to something. i imported it to BM3 and got something nicely useful.

Thanks!

• @motmeister said:
    Here’s the link to an online MIDI reverser:

Beautiful, thanks! On a related note, is there an script for Mozaic to invert midi melodies?

• Loving the updates. I’m getting a lot of good stuff for lofi beats. I’ll run motifs at 150 until I find one I like, export the midi file to ns2, throw in neo soul keys for the instrument and export the audio and then cut the speed in half on the audio and throw in reelbus in AUM and record the final output

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Loving the updates. I’m getting a lot of good stuff for lofi beats. I’ll run motifs at 150 until I find one I like, export the midi file to ns2, throw in neo soul keys for the instrument and export the audio and then cut the speed in half on the audio and throw in reelbus in AUM and record the final output

A man with a plan ;)
    Sounds really good - now let us hear 👊🏼🙃

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    I'm late to the party, but my understanding is that this app only supports "Major, Minor, Mixolydian and Dorian scales". Is there a plan to add support for user-entered scales?

@GovernorSilver, this might be something that can be explored. It might be easier to add other common scales like: Lydian, Phrygian, and Locrian. The issue with user scales is with their chord progressions, you can not just use chord progressions for other scales, there will be a lot of unpleasant sounding progressions.

Oh, right the app generates chord progressions. That does pose a software design problem of how to support chord progressions, so that they sound usable and not just totally avant-garde, if users can enter any scale they want.

Well, I appreciate your response in any case, that you might explore the possibility.

• Sneak Peek of Piano Motifs rev 1.7 😀

• edited May 2020

Any plans down the road for jazz harmony based on 4 Note chords, another third stacked on top of triads? Thanks Edit: I know I’m piling on but asking for jazz harmony makes me think of asking for swing rhythm too. Sorry! Great app!!

• @yowza said:
    Any plans down the road for jazz harmony based on 4 Note chords, another third stacked on top of triads? Thanks Edit: I know I’m piling on but asking for jazz harmony makes me think of asking for swing rhythm too. Sorry! Great app!!

@yowza, the app currently implements 7th and 9th 4 note chords, so they should show up once in a while. I’ll try to look for an example. The next step would be to explore 11th and 13th chords.

• Awesome I love the way this app is going. Great stuff.

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@yowza said:

@yowza, the app currently implements 7th and 9th 4 note chords, so they should show up once in a while. I’ll try to look for an example. The next step would be to explore 11th and 13th chords.

@yowza, here are a couple of motifs that have 7th 4 note chords:

• And here, one with a 9th 4 note chord: