Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• A new version (v.2.39) of Piano Motifs is now available. This version has the following new features:

• Added new Minimum Bass Interval setting. When this setting is used, the accompaniment’s bass note (the tonic of the triad) will be selected so that it will be at the minimum interval possible to the previous bass note. This setting can be used to create ascending and descending chord progressions that cross octave boundaries. Please note that this setting is only available for chord and bass accompaniments and not available for arpeggio accompaniments.

• Fixed crash that occurs when the Drone Accomp Style is used with a programmed chord progression and the 3rd MIDI track is enabled on MIDI Out, or a MIDI 3-Track option is used to export MIDI.

If you are enjoying Piano Motifs please consider leaving a review in the App Store.

Enjoy!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

In some cases, I can detect the Serendipity element but in others it is pretty subtle. I suppose there’s no way to dial it up or back? I really like what i hear when i can detect it! Best new feature in a long list of great new features… just want a bit more variety if possible!

In the “Serendipity” mode the selection for what is played on a beat is random between a single note, a dyad, a triad, an extended chord, or nothing ( which results in extending the previous note/notes). This random selection is biased towards selecting less notes more often. Since it is random, there should be a lot of variety, and in that variety there will be cases that will sound more “orderly” and some that will sound more “chaotic”.

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    If you are enjoying Piano Motifs please consider leaving a review in the App Store.

Done.

If any developer deserves positive reviews this guy is it.

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

In some cases, I can detect the Serendipity element but in others it is pretty subtle. I suppose there’s no way to dial it up or back? I really like what i hear when i can detect it! Best new feature in a long list of great new features… just want a bit more variety if possible!

In the “Serendipity” mode the selection for what is played on a beat is random between a single note, a dyad, a triad, an extended chord, or nothing ( which results in extending the previous note/notes). This random selection is biased towards selecting less notes more often. Since it is random, there should be a lot of variety, and in that variety there will be cases that will sound more “orderly” and some that will sound more “chaotic”.

Got it, thanks for the explanation!

• @McD said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    @mcd, cool arrangement! The delay on the flute adds an interesting twist.

I recommend this chord progression:

C - C - G/B (1st inversion) - G/B - Am - Am - F - Gsus2

A minor version might be:

Cm - Cm - Bb - Bb - Ab - Ab - Fm - Gm

These give you a descending bass line. There's a chromatic descending bass but I suspect
    you can't get it configured since Piano Motifs tends to offer chords based on the selected root and scale.

With the new Minimum Bass Interval setting you should be able to get these descending bass progressions.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2021

@azul3D_Apps said:

@McD said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    @mcd, cool arrangement! The delay on the flute adds an interesting twist.

I recommend this chord progression:

C - C - G/B (1st inversion) - G/B - Am - Am - F - Gsus2

A minor version might be:

Cm - Cm - Bb - Bb - Ab - Ab - Fm - Gm

These give you a descending bass line. There's a chromatic descending bass but I suspect
    you can't get it configured since Piano Motifs tends to offer chords based on the selected root and scale.

With the new Minimum Bass Interval setting you should be able to get these descending bass progressions.

That’s a nice feature for orchestral “writing” for a new generation of assembly line composers.

• @Simon said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

Done.

Thanks @Simon 😊!

• I tried the "closest bass note" setting and it keeps jumping up a 7th on the second chord rather than down a 2nd. After that it descends nicely but that first jump ruins the effect.

So, I reverted to using chord inversions to insure a descending baseline:

This was made by pointing PM at AUM and setting up Korg Module Pro, iSymphonic and Roli Noise instruments to generate orchestral arrangements. In playback I would select
    new iSymphonic instruments to switch the melody from strings to flute to oboe to horns, etc.

I didn't do any editing so the "start and stop" are pretty clumsy.

• @McD said:
    I tried the "closest bass note" setting and it keeps jumping up a 7th on the second chord rather than down a 2nd. After that it descends nicely but that first jump ruins the effect.

This was made by pointing PM at AUM and setting up Korg Module Pro, iSymphonic and Roli Noise instruments to generate orchestral arrangements. In playback I would select
    new iSymphonic instruments to switch the melody from strings to flute to oboe to horns, etc.

Hi @McD,
    Really nice descending progression. The instrumentation is great!
    I will DM you with some questions about your setup to investigate the reason for the jump.

• Piano Motifs meets Heavy Metal…

• @GeoTony said:
    Piano Motifs meets Heavy Metal…

I think you may have violated the warranty. But in a good way. If it ain't broke... break that MoFo.

• @GeoTony said:

@GeoTony, you have taken it to another level! Your GeoShred solos rock! Definitely illustrates the versatility of PM and how it can be creatively used for different musical styles/genres.

• @McD said:
    I tried the "closest bass note" setting and it keeps jumping up a 7th on the second chord rather than down a 2nd. After that it descends nicely but that first jump ruins the effect.

Wow 👏

• @ervin said:

@McD said:

Wow 👏

👆

That was beautiful!

• @GeoTony said:

Nicely done!

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v2.40) has been released. This version has the following new features:

• New internal melody algorithms for more musical variety.
    • Added the ability to export the User Manual.
    • Minor UI improvements.
    • Fixed crash that ocurred in some cases when playing a motif after clearing a programmed chord progression.

Enjoy!

• Bought a few minutes ago. A fine app.
    Is it possible to save audio as a wave-file?

• The Share button, bottom right and then Audio produces an .m4a which can be converted to .wav via a number of apps.

• edited July 2021

@GeoTony said:
    The Share button, bottom right and then Audio produces an .m4a which can be converted to .wav via a number of apps.

I know. Did this with AudioShare.
    It would be nice, that you must not convert.

• Thought I would post my album here as well as in its own thread…

Fifteen diverse tracks all brought into the world by the Piano Motifs App by Fernando Morales (@azul3D_Apps) and nurtured in AUM by me using a variety of sound sources and effect.

Each piece explores a different Key, Scale, Time Signature and Beats Per Minute available in PM

Intro and Outro top and tail the Album and are the only pieces that comprise more than one motif I.e. 3 gathered into an arrangement, Outro just having some additional strings added.

All of the Intermissions are simple slow pieces with a single sound source and no or minimal effects

• A new version of Piano Motifs is available on the App Store. This version has the following new features:

• New Edit Functionality in the Program Chord Progressions Screen (Copy, Paste, Insert, Clear, Delete).
    • Enhanced internal repeat sequence algorithm.
    • Minor bug fixes and enhancements.

Enjoy!

• When there's a new comment from @azul3D_Apps it's typically to announce an update.
    No one else seems to provide such rapid updates based on user requests.

• Agreed, new edit functionality works great, many thanks.

• @Simon said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

Done.

And don’t forget the tip jar. …..

• New giveaway and demo video

• A new version of Piano Motifs (v.2.42) is available on the App Store. This version has the following new features:

• Current bar and beat can now be displayed when a motif is being played. Toggle between time and bar/beat by pressing on the motif name label.
    • Motif time or bar/beat is now displayed when playing a motif and MIDI Out is on.
    • Arrangement section name is now displayed when playing an arrangement and MIDI Out is on.
    • New internal preset accompaniments.

Enjoy!

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs (v.2.42) is available on the App Store. This version has the following new features:

• Current bar and beat can now be displayed when a motif is being played. Toggle between time and bar/beat by pressing on the motif name label.
    • Motif time or bar/beat is now displayed when playing a motif and MIDI Out is on.
    • Arrangement section name is now displayed when playing an arrangement and MIDI Out is on.

Enjoy!

You're out of this world, mate. 🎖️

• No better way to thank @azul3D_Apps than using the latest version of the app to create this… everything other then the twiddly knob thing played by Piano Motifs

• @ervin said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    A new version of Piano Motifs (v.2.42) is available on the App Store. This version has the following new features:

Enjoy!

You're out of this world, mate. 🎖️

Just trying to make Piano Motifs better one step a time. Thanks all for your feedback and support.

• @GeoTony said:
    No better way to thank @azul3D_Apps than using the latest version of the app to create this… everything other then the twiddly knob thing played by Piano Motifs

Nice!