Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Piano Motifs by Fernando Morales

Comments

• Ok, sure that makes sense, thanks!

@azul3D_Apps said:

@tehskwrl said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    Now seriously, a lot of solutions for issues come during sleep, so definitely necessary in this line of work.

Have you ever read any writings about art by Salvador Dalí? His creative method involved falling asleep in a chair while holding a key. Once the key fell, he would get up and go to work. There is some real creative magic to be found in that particular state.

Love Salvador Dali's surreal art. That threshold between being awake and asleep is a very interesting state.

@azul3D_Apps said:

@tehskwrl said:

@azul3D_Apps said:
    Now seriously, a lot of solutions for issues come during sleep, so definitely necessary in this line of work.

Have you ever read any writings about art by Salvador Dalí? His creative method involved falling asleep in a chair while holding a key. Once the key fell, he would get up and go to work. There is some real creative magic to be found in that particular state.

Love Salvador Dali's surreal art. That threshold between being awake and asleep is a very interesting state.

• For those who own NanoStudio 2, importing into that app will give you a very good sense for the three tracks that @azul3D_Apps describes.

• Really glad I got photon. Super nice to be able to assign multiple instances of the midi files in AUM, loving it. Probably really need to use a midi editor of some kind though to get loops syncing properly, due to the spaces that Fernando already mentioned at the end of a piece.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    For those who own NanoStudio 2, importing into that app will give you a very good sense for the three tracks that @azul3D_Apps describes.

Yup. They are a great marriage...

• Does it do IAA?

• @Bill_Brasky said:
    Does it do IAA?

No IAA, you either export midi or audio file.

• Strange omission to have no modern connectivity

• 5 Star review left. Thanks for such awesome little app! Huge inspirational tool. <3

@azul3D_Apps said:

@mingxiu said:
    It was good, after the update it’s great.
    Maybe one day we can even choose the scale :)
    5 stars.

Thanks @mingxiu, adding the ability to choose the scale is on the list of features for future revisions. Five stars will look great in the App Store 😀. Thanks!

• @azul3D_Apps said:
    • Fixed some Dorian chord progressions that contained Major chords only.

Is that a bad thing?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

Is that a bad thing?

Not necessarily, it’s just that for a lot of people when they define a Dorian scale they expect to hear a minor sound. As you probably know the Dorian tonic (I) is a minor triad. A lot of progressions in a scale mode include the tonic as a base. But don’t get me wrong, any chord progression is valid as long as it sounds pleasing to the person listening to it :)
    Anyway you will get these major chord progressions in a Major scale. For example the progression III-IV-VII (F G C in D Dorian) will be IV-V-I (F G C in C Major).

• edited June 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

Is that a bad thing?

Well, Dorian is a minor mode and if the root minor chord of the Dorian mode is never played at all it sounds major. I came across a few of those Dorian chord progressions that definitely sounded major because no minor chords were played at all much less the Dorian root minor chord. If something is supposed to be Dorian I want it to sound that way. First world problem I know.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    5 Star review left. Thanks for such awesome little app! Huge inspirational tool. <3

@azul3D_Apps said:

@mingxiu said:
    It was good, after the update it’s great.
    Maybe one day we can even choose the scale :)
    5 stars.

Thanks @mingxiu, adding the ability to choose the scale is on the list of features for future revisions. Five stars will look great in the App Store 😀. Thanks!

@Tones4Christ, thanks! I am very grateful for all the positive feedback I have received from this wonderful community.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    For those who own NanoStudio 2, importing into that app will give you a very good sense for the three tracks that @azul3D_Apps describes.

Looks like I have some homework to do. Exporting directly from Piano Motifs to Nanostudio gave me a popup saying a MID file was saved somewhere but I don't know at the moment where it is. So, time to do homework....

• Any suggestion for a simple midi editor that I could use to knock this midi output into something better for looping?

• @Gavinski said:
    Any suggestion for a simple midi editor that I could use to knock this midi output into something better for looping?

@Gavinski, I will try to work something out on the next revision of Piano Motifs, so you don’t need to edit the file.

• Would be great! Yes, you could have an option maybe where you could choose to export the midi or audio without the hanging last note, just let it cut off once it has reached 8 bars. Maybe call it 'export loopable audio / midi'. This would be an extremely popular update I think! Also so happy you implemented the choose octave range feature I suggested, two thumbs up once again Fernando.

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@Gavinski said:
    Any suggestion for a simple midi editor that I could use to knock this midi output into something better for looping?

@Gavinski, I will try to work something out on the next revision of Piano Motifs, so you don’t need to edit the file.

May I suggest or encourage you to consider finding something along the way that can be included as an IAP for those of us happy to make a small contribution, as much as a thank you as a purchase....

• @Gavinski said:

Any of the recently suggested DAWs will do. In Zenbeats it takes 1 sec to fix the loop. Maybe 10 sec to import the midi? The entire process with all taps, I mean. I haven't tried exporting the fixed version yet.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

@Gavinski said:

May I suggest or encourage you to consider finding something along the way that can be included as an IAP for those of us happy to make a small contribution, as much as a thank you as a purchase....

+1

• @bleep said:

@Gavinski said:

Any of the recently suggested DAWs will do. In Zenbeats it takes 1 sec to fix the loop. Maybe 10 sec to import the midi? The entire process with all taps, I mean. I haven't tried exporting the fixed version yet.

Thanks! Was thinking along the lines of a little AU I could use in AUM, but yeah, I'll just use Zenbeats or cubasis I guess.

• @Gavinski said:

@bleep said:

@Gavinski said:

Thanks! Was thinking along the lines of a little AU I could use in AUM, but yeah, I'll just use Zenbeats or cubasis I guess.

I use Zenbeats almost 100% now and it was super slick to get a loop going in there with the Great Piano Motifs!!!!

• I use musk midi player which is IAA or Photon which is AUv3

• Or any DAW

• Or Xequence or Xequence 2

• Yeah, cubasis does the job fine and fast enough. But definitely looking forward to the update that will do this within Piano Motifs itself.

• @Gavinski said:
    Would be great! Yes, you could have an option maybe where you could choose to export the midi or audio without the hanging last note, just let it cut off once it has reached 8 bars. Maybe call it 'export loopable audio / midi'. This would be an extremely popular update I think! Also so happy you implemented the choose octave range feature I suggested, two thumbs up once again Fernando.

I bought this yesterday I like it, a little sparse( lots of space) on the settings front but ok. I would agree with Gavinski on the loop, 4 or 8 or even 16, the last hanging note confused me a little bit, though is rather nice in its own way! I sent the audio to AudioShare and there was a delay when in loop mode at the start! I zoomed in to look and there’s a delay! I couldn’t rectify this, probably because I haven’t got a clue how to! Anyway well done for knocking this one up!

• Piano Motifs exports MIDI fine to Sunvox standalone. MIDI editing in Sunvox is usable - bit tight on iPhones smaller than iPhoneX but easier on iPad.

As I said earlier it seems to export to Nanostudio 2 but NS2 makes it way harder to find the exported MIDI - nowhere as accessible as SunVox. It's a shame because NS2 has a very nice looking UI for editing MIDI.

Xequence 2 is definitely an option and also has are very, very nice MIDI editing UI.

Of the above apps, Sunvox is the only one that can record MIDI while running as an AU and it doesn't care about pattern length either - it automatically adjusts as you record. But after you're done, you have to figure out where the project is - but that's a separate topic that I brought up on a different thread.

• edited June 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

@Gavinski said:

@JohnnyGoodyear, @Philandering_Bastard,
    Thanks for being early supporters of this app. I would only consider an IAP for a big feature like AUv3 support. If you insist in supporting my app development please take a look at my other apps in the App Store. If you are into word games, Stone Words is pretty cool! (Sorry for the shameless plug 😬☺️)

• @azul3D_Apps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@azul3D_Apps said:

@Gavinski said:

@JohnnyGoodyear, @Philandering_Bastard,
    Thanks for being early supporters of this app. I would only consider an IAP for a big feature like AUv3 support. If you insist in supporting my app development please take a look at my other apps in the App Store. If you are into word games, Stone Words is pretty cool! (Sorry for the shameless plug 😬☺️)

A bargain Sir! And I like words also :) Should anyone else be interested I think the link is:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stone-words/id1486188266

I only place it here because there is another app that comes up when you search for 'Stone Words' which is NOT Fernando's....

• Searching for apps by name is surprisingly hit and miss in the app store. Not exactly sure how Apple are defining relevance when they sometimes make me scroll through 20 or 30 apps with different names to find the sole one whose name matches my search term...