Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app spoiler alert from Elliott Garage

Comments

• @Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:
    I think if someone brings a Serato type sampler to iOS they would make a mint.

Other than possible AUv3, what would be difference between Serato Sampler and Beatmaker 3? Asking out of curiosity.

That’s it honestly.

• edited May 2020

EG Pulse is my go to drum thing, sampler thing, metronome etc. This new one seems to share some functionality so is an absolute no brainer.

The fact that @ElliottGarage has been directly implementing user requests from this forum since pulse launched just shows he’s the sort of dev we cry out for.

• @Gavinski said:
    But yeah. Pre-order is not something I'd like to encourage among developers, people should really get the right to see the manual and hear of the pros and cons from reviewers before buying. As mentioned, it is not hardware, Pre-order discounts are a bit manipulative I think.

Marketing is by its nature manipulative... i.e. one is trying to influence behavior...but that isn’t a bit thing, imo, if it is honest.

It can help a developer build some buzz and get sales numbers focused on release to day to increase the odds that an app makes it on to the top 10 list...which gets a lot more eyeballs. A huge percentage of sales come in the first days for some apps and the visibility that comes from those top lists in the App Store make a big difference.

It is such a rough ride being an iOS music app developer,mI don’t begrudge good faith efforts by devs to figure out how to eke more than minimum wage out of their development efforts.

You might be surprised how little revenue even some pretty popular apps generate.

• Good points, no, I definitely wouldn’t be surprised, I imagine it must be really tough to make money in this game. The pool of buyers for iOS music apps is still likely to be pretty small, and it is quite a crowded marketplace.

• edited May 2020

@DukeWonder said:
    Pre-order is fantastic for indie devs. Give them some revenue to help push the final product.

You don’t get charged until the launch, so they don’t get any money up front. It does provide a nice kick up the charts on launch day though.

• @RajahP said:

@kobamoto said:
    since it's not hardware what would be the reason for pre-orders, just curious?

Well, I may not have money when it is released.. Covid-19 economy... ;)
    Really, it's just a good way of showing support for a great developer..

👍

• @mistercharlie said:

@DukeWonder said:
    Pre-order is fantastic for indie devs. Give them some revenue to help push the final product.

You don’t get charged until the lunch, so they don’t get any money up front. It does provide a nice kick up the charts on launch day though.

Ah yeah fair point.

• @Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

Other than possible AUv3, what would be difference between Serato Sampler and Beatmaker 3? Asking out of curiosity.

Beatmaker 3 is superior in nearly all departments, Serato probably crashes less though.

• Interesting, @Turntablist
    I have never heard that take before. But it's kind of an unfair comparison. Serato does one thing really well. (Or it seems so, based purely on testimonials and videos; I don't have it.)

For me, the only thing I like in BM3 is the sampler, and (like many people), I could pretty much do without the rest of it.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

For me, the only thing I like in BM3 is the sampler, and (like many people), I could pretty much do without the rest of it.

+1

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Interesting, @Turntablist
    I have never heard that take before. But it's kind of an unfair comparison. Serato does one thing really well. (Or it seems so, based purely on testimonials and videos; I don't have it.)

I think Serato's time-stretching is better than BM3's, but BM3's is better than anything else on iOS. Serato's tempo and key detection is a lot better than anything available on iOS.

• edited May 2020

@echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

That’s it honestly.

Adding to the previous question, what does Auv3 mean to you? Multi windows? Multi instance? Multi effects? Thinking about the AUM or Audiobus channel setup, would Serato have the slicer as the audio IN, but the effects as the effects rack? Or would it be all in one like Koala Sampler?

Also, would Reslice or Beathawk be a viable alternative?

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I think Serato's time-stretching is better than BM3's, but BM3's is better than anything else on iOS. Serato's tempo and key detection is a lot better than anything available on iOS.

Umm...what about Djay pro? I think the tempo and key detection is amazing.
    See this shortcut - https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

• I've been using BM3 more lately and it's been great. Definitely, a lot better than it used to be.

• @Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

That’s it honestly.

Adding to the previous question, what does Auv3 mean to you? Multi windows? Multi instance? Multi effects? Thinking about the AUM or Audiobus channel setup, would Serato have the slicer as the audio IN, but the effects as the effects rack? Or would it be all in one like Koala Sampler?

Auv3 would allow the user to route the signal however they see fit in AB or AUM (in my case) with multi-instances.

ReSlicer is great, but it's missing a few key features like Time Stretching, Multi-Out and randomization playback behaviors.

Right now I'm getting along great with FlexiSampler in Drambo which is really quite powerful...but having something more akin to Serato on iOS would be a magical thing (we're so close to it in Drambo, so it will be interesting to see the FlexiSampler evolve here as well).

We're at an interesting point in iOS music app development...enough experimentation has occurred on the platform, that certain key players have figured it out, and my hope is that they will be ushering in a whole new way of creating and performing on the platform. Good times are ahead...Drambo is just the cream of the crop at the moment IMHO, and I am hopeful that other devs will see the path forward that BeepStreet just revealed to everyone.

"Playing to the beat is one thing. Making your own beat is another."

Cheers!

• @espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Beatmaker 3 timestretch is exactly the same as everything else on iOS that uses Elastique, which is most.

• @echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

That’s it honestly.

Auv3 would allow the user to route the signal however they see fit in AB or AUM (in my case) with multi-instances.

ReSlicer is great, but it's missing a few key features like Time Stretching, Multi-Out and randomization playback behaviors.

Right now I'm getting along great with FlexiSampler in Drambo which is really quite powerful...but having something more akin to Serato on iOS would be a magical thing (we're so close to it in Drambo, so it will be interesting to see the FlexiSampler evolve here as well).

We're at an interesting point in iOS music app development...enough experimentation has occurred on the platform, that certain key players have figured it out, and my hope is that they will be ushering in a whole new way of creating and performing on the platform. Good times are ahead...Drambo is just the cream of the crop at the moment IMHO, and I am hopeful that other devs will see the path forward that BeepStreet just revealed to everyone.

Cheers!

I am the complete opposite and I am hopeful that nobody follows along the lines of Drambo, iOS is immediate, Drambo is not, yes i get that "I can build that in Drambo" has some kind of kudos value, but while that person was building it in Drambo, I actually finished the song I was working on with simpler apps that just work.
    If I want to use a modular to build something, I will use a desktop with the myriad of tools that are much more powerful than Drambo and faster to use (just my personal opinion as a counterpoint to the above)

• edited May 2020

@Turntablist said:

@echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

That’s it honestly.

Cheers!

I am the complete opposite and I am hopeful that nobody follows along the lines of Drambo, iOS is immediate, Drambo is not, yes i get that "I can build that in Drambo" has some kind of kudos value, but while that person was building it in Drambo, I actually finished the song I was working on with simpler apps that just work.
    If I want to use a modular to build something, I will use a desktop with the myriad of tools that are much more powerful than Drambo and faster to use (just my personal opinion as a counterpoint to the above)

Well I think it's just a workflow thing. As a first time user of BM3, I was totally lost, but when I took my time to understand its workflow it was easy going. Having used a bunch of different composition tools on iOS, when Drambo emerged and found its way under my fingers, it only took me a day to get to terms with it. My mind expanded and I finally saw the OctaTrack I wanted on iOS on my loverly piece of iPad Glass.

FWIW, I have been more productive in Drambo over the last month than I have with any other piece of software on iOS...so yes, I do see its power and potential as a composition tool which fundamentally changes the way I create on this platform. I've said this elsewhere, but Drambo gives me all that is good of the Octatrack and MPC, and allows me to combine these type of workflows into a single piece of software on iOS.

Proof is in the pudding they always say, and the pudding of Drambo is some of the finest and most satisfying I have tasted. No amount of debate on the subject will change my mind because of what I've been able to produce in the last 40 Days and many Nights with it. :)

As with all things on the iOS platform, use whatever gets you in to that state of flow and make that beautiful music only you can make and share with the world :) At the end of the day, the listener doesn't care what tool you use, just that it transports them into a new world of joy and thought :)

Anyhoo, I do hope that the new app from ElliottGarage will be a game changer sampler for all of us :)

• @echoopera you probably produced more tracks in Drambo than anyone else.
    You have been very productive since the first week it arrived.

Yeah, I haven’t produced a single track in Drambo yet, but it is not really my goal.
    But you have been a huge source of inspiration regarding Drambo, and showing where you can go with it.

So please, keep cranking out the tunes.
    🙂

• @CracklePot said:
    @echoopera you probably produced more tracks in Drambo than anyone else.
    You have been very productive since the first week it arrived.

Yeah, I haven’t produced a single track in Drambo yet, but it is not really my goal.
    But you have been a huge source of inspiration regarding Drambo, and showing where you can go with it.

So please, keep cranking out the tunes.
    🙂

Many thanks...and you got it brother! Drambo 24/7 is my mindset now :)

• @Turntablist said:

@echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

@Samflash3 said:

@echoopera said:

That’s it honestly.

Cheers!

I can understand this completely while also acknowledging Drambo's ingenuity, but I feel the same way about bM3, nice app but there are quicker ways to get at what it does that are more fluid imho

• What is the release date of this app?

• just got an itunes card, i’d love to use it on this. is it finished cooking yet?

• @White said:

Gets better with every clip !

• @White said:

Yes, yes, yes. This now looks excellent. Please take my money - another app whose price will be irrelevant to my purchasing decision.

• sold, i’m ready to click purchase. is it available today?

• @espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Zenbeats time-stretching and key detection is pretty good.

• edited May 2020

Definitely getting this. I don't use Reslicer enough but drag and drop is a real winner here.

• release this beast already!!!

• Looks really cool. I love how the colored slices give a great overview 👍🏼