Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Phosphor 3 - RELEASED

Comments

• @aplourde said:
    Is there any way to animate the partials? Seems like you can only manually manipulate them.

Nice retro sound, seems a shame that you can’t morph the sound by automating the “playing” of the partials. Ideally, directly controlling each partial, but even morphing between two sets would be nice.

+1

The ability to midi-map the first handful of partials would indeed make a lot of sense.

• My first Audio Damage app :smiley: Gave it a shot on the public beta and was first somewhat disappointed by its 'simplicity', but dug a bit deeper into the cross mod and found a world of nuance. Highly recommended!

• I’ve used Phosphor 2 quite a bit and it can be ‘usefully thin’ in a mix. By that I mean you can easily make a sound that is very audible without bringing a lot of mud with it. Being additive, you can simply not add the muddying frequencies in.

I also have used it as a ‘topper’ on another synth sound - to add a clear high frequency, perhaps on the attack or just as a note high above the main body of the sound.

(When I was typing this, autocorrect turned ‘muddying frequencies’ into ‘undying frequencies’. Next album title right there.)

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

Lil’ tip: You can edit the country code out to make App Store URLs adapt to the appropriate store. Ex: https://apps.apple.com/app/phosphor-3/id1499115553

• Is this a Au plugin? Doesn't show on the appstore description

• @Imhodef said:
    Is this a Au plugin? Doesn't show on the appstore description

Yes it is

• Sweet spot dollar drop.

• @aleyas said:
    My first Audio Damage app :smiley: Gave it a shot on the public beta and was first somewhat disappointed by its 'simplicity', but dug a bit deeper into the cross mod and found a world of nuance. Highly recommended!

I highly recommend this too, it sounds great, everything is a good size on an iPad screen, lovely UI, the oscillators are interesting, easy to assign modulation. An absolute steal at the intro price. And they have a great half hour demo vid up - all devs should do this!

• edited May 2020

And nice to have more synths that aren't just analogue subtractive ones. Plus, big up that it is mpe, even if note-off can't be assigned to mod.

@qryss nice tips by the way, thanks
    @onkey I love your idea about being able to automate the partials

• @Gavinski said:
    And nice to have more synths that aren't just analogue subtractive ones. Plus, big up that it is mpe, even if note-off can't be assigned to mod.

@qryss nice tips by the way, thanks
    @onkey I love your idea about being able to automate the partials

That honour goes to @aplourde. I merely plus one’d 😀

• @gsm909 said:

@Imhodef said:
    Is this a Au plugin? Doesn't show on the appstore description

Yes it is

Thank you. bought!

• tjatja
    edited May 2020

Bought it.

And then saw this undispensible bundle:

What a steal.
    15 Euro for 4 Apps that i already own!

Apple has lost control

• @Gavinski said:

@aleyas said:
    My first Audio Damage app :smiley: Gave it a shot on the public beta and was first somewhat disappointed by its 'simplicity', but dug a bit deeper into the cross mod and found a world of nuance. Highly recommended!

I highly recommend this too, it sounds great, everything is a good size on an iPad screen, lovely UI, the oscillators are interesting, easy to assign modulation. An absolute steal at the intro price. And they have a great half hour demo vid up - all devs should do this!

Agree, good addition (!) to the synths arsenal. Looking forward the implementation of the presets manager in their other synths too.

And yes, that was definitely a great intro video.

Other features I'd like to see in more synths: being able to create your default settings, included the default preset. Aftertouch smoothing (I have to dive more into that), global pitch bend...

• Recently I’ve gotten accustomed to ‘double tap’ on parameter to return to 0, which some developers have implemented. I often find myself double tapping on parameters such as velocity here in Phosphor, but realize that’s not how this one works. Is this something anyone else would like to see in Phosphor. (or all apps for that matter)? Just a quick ux/ workflow enhancement.

• @aleyas i noticed this too. It’s a bit annoying. I think it should be: double tap to open modulation. Another double tap to reset it to default. Tap outside the pop up to exit modulation settings.

• @aleyas said:
    Recently I’ve gotten accustomed to ‘double tap’ on parameter to return to 0, which some developers have implemented. I often find myself double tapping on parameters such as velocity here in Phosphor, but realize that’s not how this one works. Is this something anyone else would like to see in Phosphor. (or all apps for that matter)? Just a quick ux/ workflow enhancement.

This is a compromise I think they've made in order to show their modulation pop-up system. Double click works as you would expect in their desktop versions (and I think you call the modulation by right click?). But on iOS they seem to have given up long tap (remember it didn't work so well in Shockwave´s first versions).

I also miss it, actually. I think it should be a standard. I really like Quanta's mod matrix for modulation, double tap for reseting to default value. In Continua (and to a lesser degree in Phosphor3) adjusting parameters is a pain for my old eyes.

• The long press still works like shit in shockwave for me, had to disable it

• For me the Marcus Fischer Designer pack is empty in the presets, is this a bug for everyone?

• @Carnbot said:
    For me the Marcus Fischer Designer pack is empty in the presets, is this a bug for everyone?

No bug, @Carnbot it seems he didn't make it for release :open_mouth:

@Gavinski I got so irritated when I was released that I deleted it right away but it is way better now. It occasionally pops up but it's not so bad.
    How do you do to add modulation, then?

• edited May 2020

Use the “route” button at the top of the page. When activated, anything that can be modulated will be highlighted, when u click one, a dialogue box will pop up to assign modulation. @despego

• @Gavinski said:
    Use the “route” button at the top of the page. When activated, anything that can be modulated will be highlighted, when u click one, a dialogue box will pop up to assign modulation. @despego

Nice! I'll check that out.

• Any sounds?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Any sounds?

+1. I would love to hear the presets, while the price looks great I can’t justify buying it because I bought version 2 and never ever use it.

• Pitchbend is broken. MPE mode bend two notes in opposite directions. It goes mad.

• @Strizbiz said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    Any sounds?

+1. I would love to hear the presets, while the price looks great I can’t justify buying it because I bought version 2 and never ever use it.

grab the test flight download and try it out

• @despego said:
    Pitchbend is broken. MPE mode bend two notes in opposite directions. It goes mad.

Sounds cool! 😎

• @gusgranite said:

@despego said:
    Pitchbend is broken. MPE mode bend two notes in opposite directions. It goes mad.

Sounds cool! 😎

Yes, ha ha. You don't need Glitchbreaks at all! Is what I always say, MPE rocks.

• @Strizbiz said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    Any sounds?

I'm sure there will come videos.
    I don't know, I grab it more as a collector, to add color to my sounds, because it's MPE, it's Audio Damage... but it's not going to become my number 1 sound. And then, intro price is a bargain!

• @despego said:

@Strizbiz said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    Any sounds?

I'm sure there will come videos.
    I don't know, I grab it more as a collector, to add color to my sounds, because it's MPE, it's Audio Damage... but it's not going to become my number 1 sound. And then, intro price is a bargain!

Yeah, I have all the Audio Damage apps except the panning app and this one, I just tried this thru test flight. Sound wise I feel like I already have the same thing with version 2. I might have to spend more time playing with it. I’m waiting on the new slicing app from Elliott Garage to drop then maybe I’ll get the other AD apps just to have them all.

• @Strizbiz said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    Any sounds?

I loaded up Phosphor 2 and the Phosphor 3 beta last night. Pointed the same riffer sequence at both so that I could a/b their sound as I went through the same presets. Phosphor 3 sounds noticeably more creamy and full. But Phosphor 2 sounds good too... more metallic overall.

I then went through creating presets from scratch in each. I was able to get stuff I liked fairly quickly in both... and both still noticeably different.

Still on the fence, but since I want to have a complete collection, I'll likely get it.

My gut tells me that they sound different enough that they both may be worth having... and not really as redundant as they might appear at first.