Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Phosphor 3 - RELEASED

Haven't heard anything about it in awhile. Looking forward to this one.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/phosphor-3/id1499115553

«134

Comments

  • Think Chris has had a family issue, so that may be holding it up...

  • Phosphor 3.! Excellent. 2 is one of my favorites, very underrated and pretty unique sound.

  • @id_23 said:
    Think Chris has had a family issue, so that may be holding it up...

    Thanks, I was wondering if all is well and if there's an update. Hope things go well for him and family.

  • @oat_phipps said:
    Phosphor 3.! Excellent. 2 is one of my favorites, very underrated and pretty unique sound.

    Yea it instantly became one of my favourites for a certain sounds, which it makes in superb and easy way and has a very nice unique twist to it. Even tho its use is pretty limited for certain types of sounds for me, i still consider it one of my favourites, because its just so good at what it does.

  • edited May 7

    Heard he was stuck between states in a tent somewhere with a family member who is ill. I don’t think he is a happy bunny at present according to his Twitter feed. Hope he manages to sort out the situation and stays safe.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Heard he was stuck between states in a tent somewhere with a family member who is ill. I don’t think he is a happy bunny at present according to his Twitter feed. Hope he manages to sort out the situation and stays safe.

    That type of news from the outside world bursts my bubble.

  • @McD said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Heard he was stuck between states in a tent somewhere with a family member who is ill. I don’t think he is a happy bunny at present according to his Twitter feed. Hope he manages to sort out the situation and stays safe.

    That type of news from the outside world bursts my bubble.

    Should burst everyone's bubble. Crazy shit out there. Hurts me to hear others suffering and not really be able to effectively respond.

  • Let’s hope/pray the situation improves for him!

  • Thanks @White, let's hope that's good news all round....

  • Ooh, public beta, nice!

  • sawweeeeet

  • :) I hope this means the family issues are sorted, or are being sorted. Thanks for the update!

  • Yay, goody!

  • great new on the presets manager!

  • Nice one pager now. I still love this thing.

  • Thanks @White for sharing. I really like some of the pads. After initial test it sounds a lot better than phosphor 2.

  • I find the interface a little too dark under normal ambient lighting. Had to turn brightness all the way up. But from what I’ve seen of the synth itself so far, it’s a winner.

  • Just installed. Will try later this night some tunes with it.

  • Anyone find problems with using an mpe midi keyboard with this? Despite correctly setting it up for my seaboard (MPE on, pitchbend 48, though I tried 24 too), pitch bend does not work properly when playing multiple notes. Though it works fine on the built-in keyboard.

  • I don't won't to be the one that mentions it but anyone have any luck loading a .tun file?

  • Does this have no mod section? Can’t map anything to slide, pressure, release etc?

  • @Gavinski said:
    Does this have no mod section? Can’t map anything to slide, pressure, release etc?

    Double tap on a parameter under the voice settings tab.

  • @SpartanClownTide Thanks! Much appreciate the tip

  • edited May 14

    I've only had a quick play with Phosphor 3 beta, but it doesn't seem all that much different than Phosphor 2. The layout is different, and maybe the sound engine is slightly better? Maybe?

    Hmmm... will have to play around a bit more, after about 15 mins with Phosphor 3 and another 5 minutes with Phosphor 2 open at the same time to compare... I'm struggling to see and hear why this is a new app.

    Granted, I haven't spent much time yet, so I could completely be missing something that makes Phosphor 3 a significant upgrade from Phosphor 2. It does sound nice. Listened to the same preset titles in each and sort of A/B'd them. Phosphor 3 does sound a little better, but I'm not sure I'd say significantly so.

  • @skiphunt looks like, apart from the UI refresh, MPE support is the main highlight of the new version

  • I can hear improvements in sound as well, but the new layout is massive improvement. Unless you're only playing presets the earlier version was a real b!tch to program.

  • @0tolerance4silence said:
    I can hear improvements in sound as well, but the new layout is massive improvement. Unless you're only playing presets the earlier version was a real b!tch to program.

    That will make it worth it to me.

  • @skiphunt In Phosphor 3 each parameter can be modulated by up to 8 sources (LFO 1,2, Velocity, Aftertouch, Pitchbend, Modwheel, CC74 and a random source) - just double click on a parameter field to bring up its modulation dialog. The current modulation amount is visualized by an orange line above the green line for the parameters value.

    This allows for way more complex modulations than with Phosphor 2.

Sign In or Register to comment.