Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Newbie question about audio interfaces(solved)

edited May 2020 in Other

I just got an Evo 4 interface and am very new to interfaces. It has an instrument input and two microphone inputs. I’m trying to figure out how to get a stereo output when recording since I’m trying to record full songs and not just a single instrument or mic input. When I monitor visually, I keep getting a mono output. I’ve tried two 1/4 plugged into the microphone inputs but still get it. There’s a stereo option with the interface while in AUM but it’ll only record in the left speaker. Is there a physical set up I need to be doing or do I need to adjust something in my DAW? Sorry if this isn’t explained well, I’m still not totally sure what I’m doing

Comments

• Can you run each mic to its own track in AUM, and then use AUM’s panning nodes to pan one full left and the other full right?
    Also, I am not familiar with this interface, but there is a Monitor Mixing function on it. You probably want to monitor the interface output, and not the input. The input monitoring is to eliminate latency when recording, but may be mono only. The output monitoring should be the signal leaving AUM, and should be stereo.

• edited May 2020

There's a thread about the interface here

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36663/audient-evo-small-ios-audio-interface

You need to use USB and configure your input channels in AUM: USB 1+2

Or make two lanes in AUM and record USB 1 and USB 2 in their own lane.

From the AUM manual:

Tap an empty input slot and choose "Hardware Input" to show a list of available hardware inputs.

Tap an empty output slot and choose "Hardware Output" to show a list of available hardware outputs.

External audio interfaces will also show up here, including all their channels.

Hardware channels are available as both stereo pairs and individual mono channels.

Tap an item in the list to load it into the slot.

• Awesome, thanks guys I figured it out now