Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ge labs:some of my presets demo.

An apogee mic in front of one of my tannoy monitors,and let’s go.
Thanks!

Comments

• Glad you decided to keep your joy our joy... :)

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Glad you decided to keep your joy our joy... :)

+1

Damn, he can play.

Love it.

@flo26

Awesome playing.

Respect.

• That sounded great.
    I had bad CPU spiking/overload with this app, and put it aside.
    You don’t seem to have any problems, though.
    I will need to try it again.

Anyone have a theory/idea as to why so many great guitar players are lefties? 😊

• @CracklePot
    Creative side of the brain? :)

• edited May 2020

Thanks a lot you all!
    I really love this app!
    It sounds really good!
    Even their fx pedals sound good!
    Try it if you can.
    Flo

• The guitar amp sounds I’m hearing now from iOS apps really do sound like the real thing - finally. And well done, @flo26, for showing us!

I’m used to hearing that from desktop stuff like S-Gear but the iOS offerings haven’t done it for me before Nembrini stuff and now this one.

What always puzzles me with instruments like the guitar or violin is that right handed players do all the complicated, intricate stuff with their left hand. So it’s backwards already.

Speaking as a right-handed ex-violinist guitarist...

• McDMcD
    edited May 2020

This explains so much... I'm doing it backwards but a lot slower and with many wrong notes... my guitars are the wrong color... I sit on my ass and never practice standing so I'll probably never leave the house...

So, now I have no excuses.

I got an EWI for a present. So, I'm pretty bad on multiple midi-based instruments. But, I'm never leaving the house anyway so it's good to have more things to change up the carpal tunnel stressors.

• Nice shredding

• @qryss said:
    What always puzzles me with instruments like the guitar or violin is that right handed players do all the complicated, intricate stuff with their left hand. So it’s backwards already.

I’m left handed and learned to play guitar right-handed just for that reason.

I wish someone would make keyboards for left-handed people — and right-handed guitarists.

They make left and right-handed guitars, so why not????

At any rate, Flo could play with either or both of his hands tied behind his back and he would still sound fabulous!

• @SNystrom said:

@qryss said:

I wish someone would make keyboards for left-handed people — and right-handed guitarists.

At any rate, Flo could play with either or both of his hands tied behind his back and he would still sound fabulous!

😂🙏🙏.

• @flo26 said:

@SNystrom said:

@qryss said:

😂🙏🙏.

Another lefty here that plays right-handed.

• 👍🏻

• When I first started playing back in high school, it was a huge advantage because none of my friends had the left hand dexterity to shape and move from chord to chord.

Now that I'm trying to learn finger/economy picking, well that's another story! 🤣

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

Wait. That”s a right-handed guitar flipped upside down and strung backwards. 😂

I’m off to see what happens if I play on a left handed guitar. I new there has been something holding me back, but I couldn’t put my finger in it.

• @wim said:

I’m off to see what happens if I play on a left handed guitar.

Some believe a key aspect of Hendrix sound was that he played a right-handed guitar flipped around and strung upside down.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/music/a17922/jimi-hendrix-backwards-stratocaster/

• @espiegel123 said:

@wim said:

I’m off to see what happens if I play on a left handed guitar.

Some believe a key aspect of Hendrix sound was that he played a right-handed guitar flipped around and strung upside down.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/music/a17922/jimi-hendrix-backwards-stratocaster/

And all this time I thought it was just the lighter fluid.

• @SNystrom said:

MIDI keyboard notes can be easily flipped upside down with MIDI FX apps around middle C for example.

I tried it and I'd have to start at day one learning basic chords, scales, etc.
    C major scale upside down is C, Bb, Ab, G, F, Eb, Db, C.
    C Major notes are C, Ab, F

Anyway... not hard to set up but a long time to master and you can't use any standard
    keyboards any more.

• Wow, @McD!

That must have been extremely difficult. I truly admire your efforts!

Apparently, Bismark offers a left-handed iOS keyboard:

However, it appears to have issues.

It would be awesome if one of the great midi keyboard companies would show a lil love and create one for us!

But perhaps as usual we don't "rate".

• I remember stringing up a Fender Lead 1 (normally right handed) as if it were a left handed guitar BUT still played it right handed.. (like a 6 string mandolin or violin?) it would be similar to Albert King or Doyle Bramhall II style..

So bending strings is a downward motion, NOT up (because the skinniest strings are towards the top of the guitar).. very different approach.. never mind that everything is actually upside down.. chord shapes are also very interesting.. it gives you a totally new yet slightly familiar viewpoint.. it makes you play more by ear and less by shape (because the shapes you’re used to are rearranged)..

Highly recommended if you have an extra guitar handy (you have to adjust the bridge and hope the nut will work without replacing or filing etc..) I had that guitar strung up like that for a good year or so..
    It was a fun experiment.. and I know I could pickup any standard Lefty guitar and be able to play something cool on it.. if I was gonna try it again, I’d probably just buy a lefty guitar.. definitely thought about that..
    I guess you could also look at it as an altered tuning = a fresh viewpoint.. fun stuff!

Bramhall is one of the few guitarists who plays with his instrument strung upside-down. He plays left-handed, but the instrument is strung upside-down with the high E on the top. This unusual arrangement of the strings gives his playing a unique sound, because he bends the strings by pulling them downwards rather than upwards, the customary approach. Others who have bent strings in this direction include Albert King, Eric Gales, Otis Rush, Barbara Lynn, Coco Montoya, Edgard Scandurra, king of surf guitar Dick Dale, and the late blues guitarist Jeff Healey, who played with his instrument flat on his lap for stability and increased string flexibility.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doyle_Bramhall_II

• I heard Joe Zawinul used to play two ARP 2600 synths, one of which had reversed key tracking so that he could play in unison by mirroring his left and right hand movements (one on each keyboard).

Anyway, @flo26, who stole all your CDs?

• I’ve just moved in a new house,so...😉😉

• edited May 2020

Was your studio setup you posted a while ago in your old house?