Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wov by K-Devices Short Tutorial (9 mins)

Short tutorial (9 mins)!

As always, if you can, please watch within youtube rather than browser to make the view rate a tad more respectable, lol. Thanks, hope you find it useful.

Comments

• Edit: link is now posted, had forgotten that part haha

• Recommend listening with headphones to this one. And please don’t forget to give it a ‘like’ if you find it useful.

• It’s like perforator but so much deeper :)
    I love it how subtle you can go here and how complex it can become... so so happy K-Device joined the iOS train! 🙌🏼 Thank you guys!!

• Yes, it is definitely the best tremolo/gating app for iOS so far, I think, though each - as usual! - has its own advantages!

• Thanks again, @Gavinski - really inspiring. I like you show & tell videos a lot, not selling anything, just sharing what you know about the apps you like.

I have the TTAP delay and is amazing. Looking forward more apps from K-Devices ported to iOS.

• Thanks Monome, appreciate your appreciation, lol. I’m really looking forward to TTAP. What do you most like about it?

• Yep, I'm really enjoying your demos...
    Informative easy to follow without promoting anything...
    I hope you're finding joy in making them because I'd definitely like to see more :)

I'd love to see midi cc out of this thing - I know, spoiled - but it's pretty creative and useful as it is.

• thank you! I am enjoying doing them, a lot. I'm still very much in a learning phase myself when it comes to all this, it seems not too hard to then make a short demo to help others while making sure I'm clear in my own mind about things.

I would remind people again please though to watch it on YouTube rather than in-browser, as YouTube doesn't count those in browser views, hence random searches on YouTube are less likely to find these vids, even if many people have watched here. If I put the time into making these, obviously I hope they get as widely watched as possible. So next time I guess I will just post a direct link to my YouTube page and make y'all go there to find it 😉

• @Gavinski said:
    Thanks Monome, appreciate your appreciation, lol. I’m really looking forward to TTAP. What do you most like about it?

I haven't open my Mac in a long time, can't even remember 🤭
    I love delays, can't resist it. This one invites to experiment. Maybe, as you do here in the video, just run it on a loop or some made audio and try different things, leaving space between the notes so the delay shines on its own.

• Good job @Gavinski / subbed and liked

• how the heck do you capture the screen audio from aum and your mic, when i plug my usb mic in it makes it the output for every channel for some reason

• Could be the internal mic

@reasOne said:
    how the heck do you capture the screen audio from aum and your mic, when i plug my usb mic in it makes it the output for every channel for some reason

• You have found a job @Gavinski ! 😄
    Really well done. Bravo!

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Could be the internal mic

@reasOne said:
    how the heck do you capture the screen audio from aum and your mic, when i plug my usb mic in it makes it the output for every channel for some reason

i see the mic set up on a channel in aum in the video but 🤷🏻‍♂️lol all i know is my mic is like not!

• Haha, cheers guys! And thanks to everyone who is subscribing, that's really cool. @iostrakon all I am doing is using headphone with built-in mic, running the mic into AUM, sidechaining that (which I need to work on, this is kind of new to me), using brusfri on the mic channel, and using the iPad screen record button to record. No audio interfaces, USB hubs or anything else complicated in sight!

Sorry that the voice audio level has been a bit too low in comparison to the music btw, I'll try to get the balance better in my next one!

• ahh headphone mic!

• @Gavinski said:
    Sorry that the voice audio level has been a bit too low in comparison to the music btw, I'll try to get the balance better in my next one!

Yeah, that's the only critical feedback I'd offer. Really well done otherwise. Thanks!

• Imagine you're talking to a class of slow six year olds (pretty much right): MORE SHOUTING!

• Please, no shouting lol
    That option already available for those who prefer that :)

• @0tolerance4silence Hahaha, it certainly is. I prefer something a bit more low key personally, some will like that, some not. Each to their own! Got to love the variety of life. As they say, one man’s samplr is another man’s koala 😂😂

• I see what you did there 😀

@Gavinski said:
    @0tolerance4silence Hahaha, it certainly is. I prefer something a bit more low key personally, some will like that, some not. Each to their own! Got to love the variety of life. As they say, one man’s samplr is another man’s koala 😂😂

• Couldn't resist :p

• Subscribed. You have a very pleasant and calm voice; combined with the drone this vid had quite a hypnotic effect on me, like listening to instructions on how to enter another dimension!

• @ElectroHead I’ll take that! Thnx a lot

• Thought there was no manual, turns out there is! It is also the manual for ttap, which is coming to iOS soon too!
    https://k-devices.com/manuals/Phoenix_Series_Manual_1.0_ENG.pdf

• can you route this to audio au effects in aum, for example send it to control a delay effects parameters? not just the wet dry but also like the timing and feedback

• @reasOne do you mean you want to put, for example, a delay on a synth, and then put this in the fx chain after the delay to modulate the delay effect?

• edited May 2020

@Gavinski said:
    @reasOne do you mean you want to put, for example, a delay on a synth, and then put this in the fx chain after the delay to modulate the delay effect?

not exactly, i mean load wov up as a midi control source and use the gate / other features to automate the parameters of the delay, but not the direct audio in the chain

• Not possible @reasOne

• But you could email the dev and ask them to allow it to act as a midi processor, I guess. That would be super cool indeed