Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does Ilep work inside AUM? — Solved! (Spoiler - it *DOES do* - bought it, using it, loving it :) )

I’m very interested in Ilep https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/ilep/id1388225714 having been made aware of it in the Hidden Treasures thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38657/most-obscure-ios-app-that-you-love-hidden-treasure-apps-thread#latest.
Can anyone confirm if it works ok inside AUM? I’m on a 2018 IPad Air running the latest update of the OS.

Comments

• Funny. I was just using this last night on a track as I was digging into some IAA FX for inspiration. It has some great sounds and modulation but it crashed a lot in AUM for me when I was selecting different nodes in the matrix.

In fact, I pulled up a number of cool IAA FX apps I had forgotten about but many of them crashed in AUM while using them. Unfortunately, it reminded me to never buy an IAA app again if I can help it (unless it is a standalone groovebox type thing etc.).

• Shit, you know what, you’re right. Didn’t do that for me before, I just updated to the new OS recently, maybe due to that? Damn....I’ll try it now in audiobus, what a pain, sorry @Svetlovska !!

• edited May 2020

I just tried in Audiobus, also not working!! Also standalone, is crashing immediately any time the matrix is touched, I’ll message the dev, don’t buy it, if you have already, probably best to get a refund, apologies for this.

• Edit: If you touch the patch screen on the ‘stage’ page, it crashes. As long as you patch on the main patch page, it is fine. @Svetlovska

• @Gavinski : seen & noted, don’t worry, I haven’t bought it yet. I’ll see if the dev fixes it.

• @gusgranite said:
    Funny. I was just using this last night on a track as I was digging into some IAA FX for inspiration. It has some great sounds and modulation but it crashed a lot in AUM for me when I was selecting different nodes in the matrix.

In fact, I pulled up a number of cool IAA FX apps I had forgotten about but many of them crashed in AUM while using them. Unfortunately, it reminded me to never buy an IAA app again if I can help it (unless it is a standalone groovebox type thing etc.).

or loopy pro :)
    My last IAA purchase was patterning 2 and gestrument pro... (miRack is about to go AU).
    Loopy is going to be a worthy closure of an era...

• edited May 2020

Hello guys,
    Oliver here. I took over the app from the original developer Thomas Seelig, who seriously got sick of ALS 4 years ago, which made it impossible for him to continue to work on the app at some point. Thomas was a big fighter he even worked on the app, when he could not move any finger anymore, working only with his eyes getting tracked, to type in some keys on a virtual keyboard! Unfortunately he died last Sunday of this disease.

There will be definitely no AU version of the app, but I will fix this bug and release it with some other small bugfixes and improvements in the next few days/weeks. Thanks for your patience

• @elasticdrums said:
    Hello guys,
    Oliver here. I took over the app from the original developer Thomas Seelig, who seriously got sick of ALS 4 years ago, which made it impossible for him to continue to work on the app. Unfortunately he died last Sunday of this disease.

There will be definitely no AU version of the app, but I will fix this bug and release it with some other small bugfixes and improvements in the next few days/weeks. Thanks for your patience

Oliver, my sincere condolences for the loss of your friend. Thank you so much for letting us know. All the best.

• @elasticdrums : thank you Oliver, and, again, condolences.

• Ah, that’s terrible news, thanks for getting in touch so promptly Oliver, and condolences to you all.

• @elasticdrums said:
    Hello guys,
    Oliver here. I took over the app from the original developer Thomas Seelig, who seriously got sick of ALS 4 years ago, which made it impossible for him to continue to work on the app at some point. Thomas was a big fighter he even worked on the app, when he could not move any finger anymore, working only with his eyes getting tracked, to type in some keys on a virtual keyboard! Unfortunately he died last Sunday of this disease.

Wow.
    Thank you for taking up the mantle. I'm so sorry Thomas passed. I hope you are well and that Thomas is at peace.

• @elasticdrums said:
    Hello guys,

That is terrible. My sincere condolences to you and a big thank you for continuing Thomas‘ work.

• Thank you for your nice words guys.
    I also hope Thomas is at peace and hopefully it makes him a bit happy to see, that his app continues ...

• @elasticdrums I see that the crashing issue is fixed in the update, thanks a lot Oliver, much appreciated🙏

@Svetlovska

• @elasticdrums , @Gavinski - thanks, heading off to the App Store now..

• edited May 2020

This is a really cool app. I’m just starting to finally get round to actually exploring it properly. @Charlesalbert this is another one you would like I think. One for the FieldScaper crowd I’d say, The pitchtracker is very cool.

• Ha! It’s a Hainbach machine :) This is going to take some time to dig into, but already getting some great noises out of it.

• Would definitely get the Hainmeister's seal of approval

• @elasticdrums said:
    Thank you for your nice words guys.
    I also hope Thomas is at peace and hopefully it makes him a bit happy to see, that his app continues ...

So sorry for our loss :(

I’m glad this app will continue... its an impressive app. After you get familiar with the grid layout it’s really a wonderful effects instrument.

Just realized I never gave this the excellent AppStore review it deserves. Will remedy that

• @Gavinski said:
    This is a really cool app. I’m just starting to finally get round to actually exploring it properly. @Charlesalbert this is another one you would like I think. One for the FieldScaper crowd I’d say, The pitchtracker is very cool.

Yes unfortunately I think the same😂😂😂

Does it work with the last update in AUM?

A couple of hour and I’ll send You some forages about BB17 binaural synth 🤘I need just to feed my twins and put them (finally😂) into bed🍾

• App purchased, review posted, noises made, celebratory whiskey drunk.

• Cheers to that, then 🥃(no glencairn glasses in my sticker collection, unfortunately)

• @elasticdrums said:
    Hello guys,

holy moly! that is a terrible terrible turn of events even by todays standards... i have often been tempted by this app especially when it first came into being... now i feel it’s a must buy to honour Thomas and him going down fighting to the end.. i can only hope to go with the same dignity...