Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A question about Midi Pad 2

I just got Midi Pad 2. It looks like a great set of control pads; I was able to get it set up and sending midicc messages to a Raspberry Pi over rptmidi in about five minutes.

However, I was hoping to create a set of pads on Midi Pad 2 and then transfer my setup so that other people running Midi Pad 2 would be able to import mine, without having to go through the tedious process of setting up their own. Is this possible?

Comments

• Just so we're clear, are we talking about MIDI Pad 2?

• heshes
    edited May 2020

No, not MIDI Pad 2, it was Midi Pad 2. Or, damn, no, maybe it's actually the original version, just Midi Pad. Can you help me with that one? :smiley:

• Can't help you with MIDI Pad, sorry. MIDI Pad 2 is pretty sweet though.

• Maybe the MIDI/Midi Pads are the same in this respect. Can you import/export settings from your Midi Pad, i.e., the MIDI Pad 2?

• @ashh said:
    Can't help you with MIDI Pad, sorry. MIDI Pad 2 is pretty sweet though.

My apologies, I was actually talking about MidiPad, or MidiPad 2: https://midipadapp.com/

But I'm thinking I can't import/export settings with either of those. Could I with your MIDI Pad 2? Maybe I should get that one.

• @hes said:

@ashh said:
    Can't help you with MIDI Pad, sorry. MIDI Pad 2 is pretty sweet though.

My apologies, I was actually talking about MidiPad, or MidiPad 2: https://midipadapp.com/

But I'm thinking I can't import/export settings with either of those. Could I with your MIDI Pad 2? Maybe I should get that one.

My MIDIPad 2? As in, you want to borrow my MIDIPad 2? Instead of using your MIDIPad 2? I think not!

Seriously though, have you emailed the dev?

• Ha. Yes, developers non-responsive, not surprisingly.

MidiPad is such a pretty interface, and easy to set up. But tedious to fill out all those property dialogs. And I don't like the idea that they're stuck on a single machine, can't be transferred. Not sure if I'll find a use for it. Maybe.

I'll probably just stick with Mozaic in AUM. Very quick to design simple button interfaces with a few lines of code, can cram just as many buttons on as with MidiPad, and even color them, but not as visually appealing, feels kind of cobble together.

Sonic Logic 3 looks like another inexpensive controller interface ($10), but allows import/export of setups and has design elements other than just buttons, so more flexible than MidiPad.

Thanks for clearing things up!

• Does anyone know if this works with Atom in AUM?

• wimwim
    edited January 2023

@Stochastically said:
    Does anyone know if this works with Atom in AUM?

I see no reason why not. It's just midi. Doesn't matter what it's pointed at.
    I'm not sure why it's of particular interest being not AUv3, but it is cheap and probably easier to configure than something like TouchOSC.

• @wim said:

@Stochastically said:
    Does anyone know if this works with Atom in AUM?

I see no reason why not. It's just midi. Doesn't matter what it's pointed at.
    I'm not sure why it's of particular interest being not AUv3, but it is cheap and probably easier to configure than something like TouchOSC.

Yeah, I've been finally beginning to get somewhere with Atom after long neglect. I don't have a hardware launcher; I've been using Mozaic, including your excellent Midi Controls as well as others. But I started thinking how one big screen that could combine PC and CC messages would be helpful.

I found this but in all of the descriptions it only seems to mention controlling external hardware or computers. Just thought I'd make sure before going for it. AUv3 doesn't matter.

I love Mozaic and the many excellent scripts. But it can be less easy to coordinate if things get complex or multiple Mozaics running. Anyway, thanks for responding I'll see what happens with Midipad.