Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio corruption problem in Cubasis via AB

Hmmm I am seeing odd things in Cubasis since 7.1 with multiple apps in the input slots recording from them one at a time. Audio of 1st track - sunrizer - was OK. Audio of 2nd track - in this case TF7 - was corrupted. And Cubasis showed sunrizer's icon for TF7. Animoog as a third app would not record at all in Cubasis. Individually each was OK. Anyone else seen this kind of thing?

Comments

• I probably misunderstand what you're saying but are all three apps loaded into the input slot at the same time? I would probably only load the one I was going to record with and then eject it after recording and load another app.

• Yes - I did do that, and, it did record OK. I just didn't expect to see corruption at all. Still see the wrong icon thought, although, someone somewhere else reported that was there in 7.0.X as well but I didn't see that.

• Having any app open uses resources so maybe just having all the apps open at the same time is more than the ipad can handle. Don't know about the wrong icon.

• I'm not seeing resource contention AFAICS, and I was monitoring memory. Am concerned it might be a 7.1 related bug. I'll try with a different set of apps in the input slot as well.

• I mean, independently, they are all producing sound just fine, and, I hear the sound from the TF7 perfectly well as I play it, just that the Cubasis wave is corrupted.

• Maybe it's an issue with the app you are trying to use. I know TF7 had some issues with AB after 7.1 and even sent out a quick update, maybe there's still a problem there, especially since you said the icon is weird too.

With AB2 right around the corner, I probably wouldn't spend that much time chasing my tail on this but that's me. I don't typically load multiple apps in AB's input slot if I'm only going to be recording from one of them (unless I'm using one app to control another one via MIDI like ChordPolyPad) and as long as I can record the one app fine this wouldn't be a problem for me.

Good luck! Hope you sort it out! Keep us posted.

• Hmmmm. If I start, say, TF7, record, keep it open, then Animoog, record, keep it open, then Sunrizer - sunrizer gets TF7's icon (wondering if there may be another sunrizer issue). If I then record sunrizer, its audio is corrupted. So, there may be a memory issue that I'm not noticing I guess. Going to try the same on an iPad with more memory and see.

• edited March 2014

Hmmmm. I think it is just a memory issue after all. Individually I see no problems. Well. Sorry for the false alarm folks :-)