Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video and audio sync. can it be done on IOS?????

I recently recorded a video of my kids playing the price is right “looser” riff. on tuba and trombone. I want to take the audio and clean up background noice and warm it up a bit, and then re-sync it with the video. is this possible to do on IOS.?
Also in general. can i take a video and write music and sound effects to picture? I tried it on Auria A long time ago, but it didn’t work well, in fact I wasn’t a fan of that DAW at all. is there anything else out there?

Comments

• Luma Fusion

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Luma Fusion

so funny. I just tried lumasfusion. i was able to extract the file. open it in Aum and the edited the audio slightly, and imported it back in, and it synced up nicely.
    i do wish cubasis or something would let you open a video up in the app and compose along while its playing, but this will do for now.
    thanks for the tip

• Cheers mate!

• this kind of worked. but i’d really love to have a live video playing and be able to
    play music or sound effects in time with the picture. does anyone else have any other ideas?

• @eross said:
    this kind of worked. but i’d really love to have a live video playing and be able to
    play music or sound effects in time with the picture. does anyone else have any other ideas?

You could upload or use a video on YouTube and play it in the TubeAu app in your DAW. You could mute the audio or accompany the video’s existing sound track. If you place a loud click in your video track you could then easily line up the audio and video in your video editor.

• @Paulinko said:

@eross said:
    this kind of worked. but i’d really love to have a live video playing and be able to

You could upload or use a video on YouTube and play it in the TubeAu app in your DAW. You could mute the audio or accompany the video’s existing sound track. If you place a loud click in your video track you could then easily line up the audio and video in your video editor.

i thought this too. I loaded it to youtube, and tried to open in tube au. but tube Au wouldn’t wouldn’t let me log into my youtube account, and if i coped and pasted a link it would work either.
    so i’m still thinking of a way to accomplish it. i might load the video in lumasfusion and male clicks at my hit points and import that audio into cubase and sync that way.
    any devs out there. a simple au video app to playback video from a movie file, and have it in sync with Aum clock would be game changing.

• @eross said:

@Paulinko said:

@eross said:

i thought this too. I loaded it to youtube, and tried to open in tube au. but tube Au wouldn’t wouldn’t let me log into my youtube account, and if i coped and pasted a link it would work either.
    so i’m still thinking of a way to accomplish it. i might load the video in lumasfusion and male clicks at my hit points and import that audio into cubase and sync that way.
    any devs out there. a simple au video app to playback video from a movie file, and have it in sync with Aum clock would be game changing.

I was able to login to my account in Tube AU, if you have glitch in the process, try removing and adding Tube AU again. Once the connection to my YouTube account was established, it remained stable and I could navigate to different videos and play them.

You might want to contact the Tube AU developer about your request to be able to load in various video formats from the photos app or documents app.

• Auria Pro as an IAP that allows to sync video with music - I haven't used it but there have been positive reports about it in the past. That's probably the only way you can compose on iOS with a picture on the screen synced to the music.

• @richardyot said:
    Auria Pro as an IAP that allows to sync video with music - I haven't used it but there have been positive reports about it in the past. That's probably the only way you can compose on iOS with a picture on the screen synced to the music.

OP mentioned he used this in the past but it didn't work well. Does anyone know if Auria is good lately for this?

• @jameslondon74 said:

@richardyot said:
    Auria Pro as an IAP that allows to sync video with music - I haven't used it but there have been positive reports about it in the past. That's probably the only way you can compose on iOS with a picture on the screen synced to the music.

OP mentioned he used this in the past but it didn't work well. Does anyone know if Auria is good lately for this?

Same question here.

• @syrupcore said:

@jameslondon74 said:

@richardyot said:

Same question here.

works aok for me ,, but i’m not doing midi composing to picture, just syncing spot sfx, backgrounds and premade music,,
    usually I sequence the music in cubasis ,, if the music needs to match closer i go old school and count the seconds , note em and build the track in cubasis.. then drop in Auria, the time stretching in auria is top notch so you can compensate for anything slightly off.
    annoying cubasis hasn’t added this simple thing yet, Meteor Multitrack has had it from the get go!
    in another thread there was talk of Blue Mangoo/mani consulting making a simple au sync video player that could be used in cubasis etc.. not sure if they are looking further into that?
    i’ve done maybe 10 or so soundtracks to commercial prods this way.. but never anything over 6 to 10 minutes.

• @RockySmalls said:

@syrupcore said:

@jameslondon74 said:

@richardyot said:

Same question here.

works aok for me ,, but i’m not doing midi composing to picture, just syncing spot sfx, backgrounds and premade music,,
    usually I sequence the music in cubasis ,, if the music needs to match closer i go old school and count the seconds , note em and build the track in cubasis.. then drop in Auria, the time stretching in auria is top notch so you can compensate for anything slightly off.
    annoying cubasis hasn’t added this simple thing yet, Meteor Multitrack has had it from the get go!
    in another thread there was talk of Blue Mangoo/mani consulting making a simple au sync video player that could be used in cubasis etc.. not sure if they are looking further into that?
    i’ve done maybe 10 or so soundtracks to commercial prods this way.. but never anything over 6 to 10 minutes.

Thanks for the update. That's good to know.

• not sure... even if it works in ‘slide over’ or ‘side by side’ mode you still wouldn’t be able to scroll through frames to place stuff.. but maybe for short rough composing if you didn’t mind starting the clip from the beginning every time you needed to see how it was working sync wise?

• hmm this could be a rough draft sort of thing, i’ll have to test it out thanks

• I can't believe drambo doesn't do this yet. @giku_beepstreet must be slacking as he's high rolling on the French Riviera after raking in all those drambodollars.

• I would love to know if any iOS DAWs that can treat video clips like audio samples?!

This would make it easier to make things like this...

• Ableton?

• edited April 2021

(Oops -- just realized my app was mentioned above!)

FYI -- I've got an app called Visual Synth, which lets you sequence and sync video to MIDI. The app is free right now (and, once the other big project gets done, will be back in development for an update....).
    https://apps.apple.com/app//id1493237895

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38849/visual-synth-by-secret-base-design/p1

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I can't believe drambo doesn't do this yet. @giku_beepstreet must be slacking as he's high rolling on the French Riviera after raking in all those drambodollars.

what? what? this has got to be the only thing Drambo doesn’t do. lol
    just giving you a hard time Drambo, your awesome ?

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

FYI -- I've got an app called Visual Synth, which lets you sequence and sync video to MIDI. The app is free right now (and, once the other big project gets done, will be back in development for an update....).

Glad to hear you’ll be getting back to it—so much promise!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

Glad to hear you’ll be getting back to it—so much promise!

sounds very interesting. is it ipad only right now? i tried to download but it said incompatible device

• AUVideoPlayer

• Does Meteor edit videos to tempo or to frame rate?

• edited April 2021

It doesn’t edit the video at all. It just plays an existing video to which you can then add a sound track

• Okay, thanks for that.

• edited April 2021

Just open video and audio tracks in a video editor like LumaFusion, zoom in the tracks, look at the waveforms in both video and audio tracks and align them. Done.

You can also triple tap on a video track to extract its audio into a separate audio track. There is also a dedicated extract audio toolbar button.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Just open video and audio tracks in a video editor like LumaFusion, zoom in the tracks, look at the waveforms in both video and audio tracks and align them. Done.

You can also triple tap on a video track to extract its audio into a separate audio track. There is also a dedicated extract audio toolbar button.

My question is by way of being able to make precise loops
    that are tempo based rather than frame rate based.
    Basically editing to samples.

The only editor that I’ve come across that can do this is Magix Vegas formerly known as Sony Vegas.

• There are apps that do this however I’ve never tried any. Let me see if I can find one for you.