Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT // Any gamers in here? What are you playing? Is it Good?

Comments

• Mario Maker 2 just can’t become boring.
    Hollow knight.
    Also started first playthrough of Pokémon on 3DS (omega ruby). It has fun parts, but enough of slow/annoying stuff

• I just got horizon zero dawn on epic in the sale/coupon thing and I’m very much enjoying it so far, I was going to cyberpunk but doing think I can be bothered with the bugfest, I may go for death stranding as well, even though the gaming friends I do have slate it, not from experience just reviews...

• Not a gamer but I am loving Red Dead Redemption 2 on Stadia. Haven't enjoyed a game this much since Red Dead 1, which was the last game I played. ;)

• Just finished CONTROL Ultimate Edition ... excellent experience, if a little short. Wonderful Next-Gen graphical enhancements (raytracing) on the RTX graphics card added to the spooky atmosphere. The gunplay is fantastic, coupled with the levitation and launch skills (think the Gravity Gun in Half Life 2) ...

• edited January 2021

@Krupa said:
    I just got horizon zero dawn on epic in the sale/coupon thing and I’m very much enjoying it so far, I was going to cyberpunk but doing think I can be bothered with the bugfest, I may go for death stranding as well, even though the gaming friends I do have slate it, not from experience just reviews...

We have similar tastes ... I've had my eye on Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding too, but I held off for now. Will also pick up Assassin's Creed Valhalla once it drops in price some more.

The EPIC store has been a great place to pick up games this Christmas, because they have offered unlimited £10\$10 coupons on any item (inc sale items) which is 13.99 or over. Their sale ends on the 7th Jan.

• @iammane said:
    Whatever is on Apple Arcade and whatever the kids wanna play.

Cat Quest 2 on Apple Arcafe is fun ... kind of kid-friendly Metroidvania with cats and dragons ...

• edited January 2021

@craftycurate said:

@Krupa said:
    I just got horizon zero dawn on epic in the sale/coupon thing and I’m very much enjoying it so far, I was going to cyberpunk but doing think I can be bothered with the bugfest, I may go for death stranding as well, even though the gaming friends I do have slate it, not from experience just reviews...

We have similar tastes ... I've had my eye on Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding too, but I held off for now. Will also pick up Assassin's Creed Valhalla once it drops in price some more.

The EPIC store has been a great place to pick up games this Christmas, because they have offered unlimited £10\$10 coupons on any item (inc sale items) which is 13.99 or over. Their sale ends on the 7th Jan.

I do have my eye on Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Vikings yum! Tried playing an AC before though and there were modern world moments in an office that 100% bummed me out. Is that in every AC?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Ghost of Tsushima is soooo good

Nice - have heard good things about this.

• @AudioGus said:
    I do have my eye on Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Vikings yum! Tried playing an AC before though and there were modern world moments in an office that 100% bummed me out. Is that in every AC?

I don't like that stuff either tbh - the Animus and Abstergo and all that. I think it's in every game I've played (all the recent ones - Unity, Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey plus some older ones - III, Black Flag) ... I just skip through it as fast as I can and get back to the action ... but I know what you mean and wish they would leave it out.

• edited January 2021

@craftycurate said:

@AudioGus said:

I don't like that stuff either tbh - the Animus and Abstergo and all that. I think it's in every game I've played (all the recent ones - Unity, Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey plus some older ones - III, Black Flag) ... I just skip through it as fast as I can and get back to the action ... but I know what you mean and wish they would leave it out.

Part of me thinks it is probably easier to make filler. The setting requires less intense research and design etc. There is far too much ‘story’ and filler in games for my taste these days, partly why I am a lapsed gamer. Wish there were more Red Dead like games where you can go for hours and just live in a well realized world. Would love to play different themes in this way. Seems like all there is are A.) cowboy B.) gangstah (not interested, now Gangster ala 20s would be cool if it could be Red Deady and not game designers wishing they were making movies).

• Glad I’m not the only person who thinks the Abstergo office romps are SO FUCKING TORTUROUS lol... I exited the Animus once instead of exiting game and was like kdjjsjrixifhshwifjxj

• My achievement. Said I wouldnt bother with golds but mostly going for gold.

Game added some tasks ( within the game )

The technique is to use all boosters to wall smash and be successful. This is done by only blocking over head hits and not pushes. You have to be sure not to block and sort of block someone else at same time. Or run into someone else when wall smashing. You need a bit of luck when it comes to them walking into fires. Next round is more wall smash then all stuns. This leaves 120 points ( x2 stuns ) for the 3rd round. You then place bombs on bodies, so you can stun the boar. Found out you couldnt, maybe stun the big guy. So had to see if you can actually block, then stun the fire wielder.

Gold medal.

• edited July 2021

Been playing homm 3 hota lately with my wife. Paul Romero did some incredible music, I must say
    Soundtrack was made solely with samples in 98 or 97. As for me, it sounds impressive even in 2021.

• Little Orpheus on Apple Arcade. More of a play along side scrolling story, but I’m enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Great graphics and fun story, voice acting is awesome too. You can see why Apple chose it as a design winner this year.

• Starting to get bored with Biomutant on PC but it has been a pure blast up to level 30, for me. If they add some variety then I can see Biomutant 2 being a smash.

• I’m thinking about getting either Sagrada or Yellow and Yangtze while they’re on sale this weekend, not sure which, either, or neither...

• Son and I streaming Red Dead Redemption 2 right now // come watch the bloodshed

Twitch TV - iOSTRAKON

• I’m currently virtually hanging out with a bunch of infinitely cooler-than-me anime (un?)dead teenagers in fantasy Shibuya, Tokyo. Neo: The World Ends With You is so much fun, I am in love wih the battle system, and adore the soundtrack. Fighting monsters, eating food, shopping, hanging with a group of friends: it’s a power fantasy AND all the things I’ve missed out on this past year.

• edited August 2021

I don’t know, all you young‘uns and your newfangled PSBox whaddyamacallits. In my day all we needed were these:

Today I have mostly been solo-ing my Occultist/assassin Rackham:

through a classic-era completely auto generated Call of Cthulhu RPG adventure using only dice, a pad, pencil, and the Solo Investigators Handbook:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/266779/The-Solo-Investigators-Handbook

He is currently stuck on a crumbling stone staircase beneath the ancient, demon-haunted lost fortress of Gao Chang, The Black City, on the distant Alashan Plateau of the Gobi Desert:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/alashan-plateau-article

He is facing a crazed, armed, English female archaeologist, whilst the chants of an ancient cult in the catacombs below have awakened at least one Mongolian Death worm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm

Who needs electricity? Or even a Dungeonmaster ?

Cthulhu f’tagn!

:)

• Hunt: Showdown! Really shows what good spacial audio technology can do to a game.

• Baba is You recently came out for iOS and I am loving it. I also downloaded Edith Finch but haven’t played it yet. The last two “walking around” games I played were Gone Home and Dear Esther, both pretty underwhelming experiences. This one seemed livelier though.

Before that I was playing Michael Brough’s Imbroglio for like 6 months and still only able to beat it with two of the 16 characters.

• fyi: I am the uber famous Mario maker king! HA No enemies or deaths im like a troll but for real. Cheers to MM2!

• I have just seen some gameplay from this game. Might be pretty fun. Using a modular to solve in-game puzzles.
    Here’s the trailer:

and here is the link to the Steam store page:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1577620/The_Signal_State/

• Although I’ve always been interested in computer games, right back to the early days of the Apple ][ With Choplifter etc, my biggest issue is having the attention span of a sedimentary rock.

Years later, I did play Myst, and then Riven etc, and developed a taste for the whole ‘open world’ concept. The graphics have gotten astonishingly detailed and really draw me in, but… if only I could find a game in which I can explore the world without getting slaughtered within 30-seconds of starting, and then having to fight every 3 steps thereafter.

Maybe this is just a pipe dream, but any recommendations for a game that just gives you a world to see, and no requirement for battle? My current platforms are M1 iPad Pro 12.9 512GB and MacBook Air M1. My preferred device would be the iPad.

Cheers.

• @sch said:
    Although I’ve always been interested in computer games, right back to the early days of the Apple ][ With Choplifter etc, my biggest issue is having the attention span of a sedimentary rock.

Years later, I did play Myst, and then Riven etc, and developed a taste for the whole ‘open world’ concept. The graphics have gotten astonishingly detailed and really draw me in, but… if only I could find a game in which I can explore the world without getting slaughtered within 30-seconds of starting, and then having to fight every 3 steps thereafter.

Maybe this is just a pipe dream, but any recommendations for a game that just gives you a world to see, and no requirement for battle? My current platforms are M1 iPad Pro 12.9 512GB and MacBook Air M1. My preferred device would be the iPad.

Cheers.

I haven't played it yet, but I've read good things about Genshin Impact, which is heavily inspired by Breath of the Wild, with a vast open world to explore and without the frantic pace of shooters. There is combat though, but RPG combat, which may or may not be to your liking. Despite being free-to-play, according to this review, it doesn't seem to push you towards spending money:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/against-all-odds-genshin-impact-is-one-of-the-best-games-of-2020

• I used to play Half Life. Is that still popular?

• I’m very excited for Far Cry 6. I loved Far Cry 3 and 5.

I’m playing through GTAV’s storyline again in the meantime.

I recently finished my 4th Red Dead Redemption 2 playthrough.

• @sch said:
    Although I’ve always been interested in computer games, right back to the early days of the Apple ][ With Choplifter etc, my biggest issue is having the attention span of a sedimentary rock.

Cheers.

If you have a decent internet connection and xbox controller, you could give some Stadia games a go right on your ipad. I played Red Dead Redemption 2 on it for a while and it streamed really well. Kind of blew my mind how well it performed.

https://stadia.google.com/home?original_url=https://stadia.google.com/?hl=en-CA&redirect_reasons=11&hl=en-CA

• @FPC said:
    Anyone else playing/played The Outer Wilds?

Stunning just exploring your universe, landing on different planets and playing with the gravity physics for hours... there is some kind of collect things/solve the puzzle type game in there but so far I'm loving bumming around in space.

YES! Got around to playing this last year at the start of our first lockdown. Outstanding game, the loop mechanic makes things a bit frustrating later in the game but exploration always rewards you. I love the way the story unfolds as you piece fragments of conversations together and when I figured out what was going on I was blown away. The parallel between my feelings of the new covid world I found myself in and the bigger picture in the Outer Wilds is something I'll never forget.

@sch said:

There are lots of really decent exploration / narrative based games out there that have been ported to iOS. Some are unfairly labelled "Walking Simulators", I'd suggest giving these a go (I've only played these on Playstation so I don't know how good the iOS ports are but I think there are Mac versions too):

What remains of Edith Finch
    Dear Esther
    Firewatch
    Everybody's gone to the Rapture (think this is mac, no iOS)

Check out Life is Strange, A Short Hike, Journey, the mind bending puzzler The Witness and if you want a bit of platforming in there, Gris, Playdead's Inside, Fez.

Also, launched first on iOS, Year Walk and Device 6 are brilliant too. The same studio went on to make the fantastic Sayonara Wild Hearts which is a real change of pace and may or may not be your thing (but anyone reading this, search youtube, its really good)