Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo for sequencing other synths?

2»

Comments

• @xor said:

@NimboStratus said:
    So is the step sequencer like the atom piano roll?

Step sequencers and piano rolls are nothing alike. The only thing they have in common is the general representation of subdivisions of a beat represented as a grid.

Thanks so have piano roll for the notes and step sequencer to control the synths etc?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Lots of solutions to all workarounds mentioned coming in the next big update.

Will the Peaking EQ be fixed on the next update?

• I guess I will set the tempo to go twice as fast and use 32 steps to simulate 8 steps per beat when sending midi to a drum machine (909 Audiokit)?
    What do you think?

• @_smund said:
    I guess I will set the tempo to go twice as fast and use 32 steps to simulate 8 steps per beat when sending midi to a drum machine (909 Audiokit)?
    What do you think?

Sure, you can do that.
    There's also an update in the works that will allow to adjust speed multiples separately for each track.
    Note that when using the Drambo step sequencer for programming drum machines, you might prefer to use the grid view:

• @NimboStratus said:

@xor said:

@NimboStratus said:
    So is the step sequencer like the atom piano roll?

Step sequencers and piano rolls are nothing alike. The only thing they have in common is the general representation of subdivisions of a beat represented as a grid.

Thanks so have piano roll for the notes and step sequencer to control the synths etc?

Not quite. They’re just different visual representations of the same thing, notes on a timeline. A step sequencer jams all the notes into a single cell, notice the “CHRD” in the drambo screenshot where there are multiple notes in the same step whereas a piano roll shows all the notes. The step sequencer in drambo is tied to a track which could mean an internal voice or an external midi channel. There are, by default, 8 tracks per instance. Drambo’s step sequencer has more creative options like per-step probability and things like jumps to other steps, and don’t forget the glorious p-lock which is a shorthand for a bunch of cc’s that apply only to a step and automatically return to their original values. Drambo’s sequences have a hard-maximum length (but there are unlimited sections that you can trigger) and limited resolution of 3-5 steps per beat whereas Atom has longer lengths and divisions as long as a measure down to something like 64th note triplets and a more classic handling of cc’s (but no editing of them yet). There are people that produce some glorious results from drambo and it’s sequencer (see any of @echoopera posts just as one example) and just as many using atom. They’re just different tools so use both. Heck you can even sequence drambo with atom or control atom with drambo if the mood strikes.

• There are examples with Drambo right? I mean I might just use it as a CC sequencer within AUM

• @Jumpercollins said:

very excited for this :)

• @drewinnit said:

@Jumpercollins said:

very excited for this :)

Yes, I’m super excited! Exclusively using Drambo for the last x months, while I couldn’t get along with it at al at the start. Completely moved away from Aum, Audiobus, BM3 and even wanting other hosts like Cubasis etc. (Dare I say it even keeps me from getting Elektron, Akai stuf.., drummachines) But, I’m just jamming Techno and building instruments and making attempts at recreating drum synths so that’s my personal user case.

• @NimboStratus said:
    There are examples with Drambo right? I mean I might just use it as a CC sequencer within AUM

Yes, there are built-in tutorials and examples

• The user and all related content has been deleted.