Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doppelgänger: A track relay race - who wants the baton next?

A SoundCloud creator called Lenambient posted an all-comers downloadable track on her page inviting anyone to use it as the basis for a new ‘collaboration.’ You can still find it here:

Myself and a few other people took up the challenge, and in the spirit of the thing, I am now offering my own resulting track as a download for someone else to torture into a new form. If you fancy having a go, it’s here:

My own self imposed rule was that my new track could only use FX and editing of loops made solely from Lenambient’s original track, no added instrumentation or additional samples, and, of course, realised entirely on iPad without reference to keyboards or controllers of any sort.

If you do have a go, be sure to leave a comment/link on my SoundCloud. :)