Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone have experience with the iPad mini 5th gen?

2»

Comments

• @Thardus said:
    being able to use headphones without a dongle is huge. <

• Can you please elaborate? I keep seeing this mentioned, but what's wrong with the dongle exactly? I have had no issue with my dongle, I feel that this is a gross over-reaction by boomers, but want to be wrong as this sentiment is causing a lot of people to purchase inferior hardware. Is this a myth? The signal can be tested and if there is no deviation or degredation then what is the malfunction?

Personally I would rather get the M1 or A14 chipset than the A12.

Not trying to be a kunt, i legit wanna know what the dongle issue is? Dongles can be purchased for as little as a patch cable.

• edited June 2021

I don’t think the dongle itself is the main issue. More that when you plug it in that’s going to stop you plugging anything else in (like a midi keyboard or a power source). Obviously there are ways around that, but nothing quite as easy as a headphone jack.

• edited June 2021

Headphone jack is really useful in mini because it's in a very convenient place, almost in the corner. This makes holding the device in an ergonomic way very easy (horizontal or vertical). Also works great when keeping the mini in the pocket. It will be a big step backwards having to connect headphones via centrally placed lightning/USB port and also via an additional adapter. Also for the reasons @steve99 mentioned.
    Or having to acquire headphones with a jack alternative. Because Bluetooth is out of the question - too much of a headache.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@tahiche said:
    😂😂🥸 Tomorrow I’m gonna post a song experiment where I don’t use reverb or panning, it’s all sofa magic. A fixed mic in front and I move around the sofa playing a cigar box guitar and singing. Testing the space and acoustic depth of the sofa setup.

That sounds sofa king amazing...

Haha. Nice!

Here it is, SOFA (Sounds Obviously Fucked-up Audio) 👍🤟

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45566/sofaistic-spatial-exploration-look-ma-no-reverb-🧘🏻‍-️