Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 + Suggester MIDI fx triggers = no sound ?

godgod
edited April 2020 in General App Discussion

Hello fellow forum mates,

Has anyone been able to get audio when using Suggester MIDI triggers (midi FX) inside NanoStudio 2? I could not get anything audible out from it. I can see the chord's keys being pressed in the NS2 virtual keyboard, but nothing would come out of my speaker, no matter how I configure the midi out or the track sends.

A similar configuration (used as midi effect) seems to produce the expected result when used inside other DAWs (such as Cubasis 3). Also, the triggers seem to works well in NS2 when used Suggester is used as an AU instrument (not fx). Also, chords can be heard when placed in the “song” pane of the plugin. It is ONLY the midi triggers in midi FX that seems to not work (and this is frustrating me so much because it is basically the only reason I picked up this app for..)

Comments

• edited April 2020

Has anyone been able to get audio when using Suggester MIDI triggers (midi FX) inside NanoStudio 2? I

Audio from suggester itself ? No. As you can see plugin states "MIDI only" when loaded in MIDIfx slot .. it means it just sends midi .. Any instrument (Obsidian or AU synth) you have loaded on same channel will play notes send by Suggester. In case you see notes pressed on NS2 virtual keyboard but no sound, probably you have loaded "External MIDI" instrument which doesn't generate any sound, it just sends notes out of NS ...

Btw. MIDIfx implementation in NS2 has some drawbacks and needs to be improved. For Suggester i found that best workflow how to use it (at least for me) is to build basic progression in standalone version, and then:

• export as midi, save to Nanostudio
    • in nanostudio drop midi file to timeline, adjust to taste (see screenshot, files saved from Suggester are stored to "Inbox" folder, from there you can dragndrop them to timeline)

Or another option - again with standalone version - just enable MIDI OUT in Suggester and choose "Nanostudio 2" MIDI. Additionaly you can enable LINK in both NS2 and Suggester .. now hit play and record in NS2, switch to Suggester, hit play there - and your progression will be recorded into NS2 selected track.

• I just did a a quick test and no problem for me.

https://youtu.be/fBdw1aI18J0

• @Khantipol said:
    I just did a a quick test and no problem for me.

https://youtu.be/fBdw1aI18J0

Hi, thank you but this is not my use case. I specifically wrote in the original post:

Also, chords can be heard when placed in the “song” pane of the plugin. It is ONLY the midi triggers in midi FX that seems to not work

• @god what instrument do you have on track where you have Suggester at MIDIfx ? Notes from suggester should definitely trigger that instrument.

• @dendy said:
    @god what instrument do you have on track where you have Suggester at MIDIfx ? Notes from suggester should definitely trigger that instrument.

Hi Dendy,

First, let me thank you for your responsiveness. This is highly appreciated!

I just checked with Obsidian and it does seem to work fine with the triggers.
    But with every AU instrument that I had tried did not. I tried with Lagrange, Magellen 2 and Zeeon.
    Again, I am only talking about the midi chord triggers, not the chords on the song pane when playing.

• Ohh yes, confirmed.. looks like this is bug. Thanks, will report it to Matt.

• @dendy said:
    Ohh yes, confirmed.. looks like this is bug. Thanks, will report it to Matt.

Thank you! 🙏

• End of July and still not working for me after latest update. Save your money guys