Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most obscure iOS app that you love? Hidden Treasure Apps Thread

Comments

• @u0421793 said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Grain Science, anyone?

I liked that. The patch names too.

@u0421793 said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    Grain Science, anyone?

I liked that. The patch names too.

"Where the dead calculators go"

• Seline Redux Pro... an oldie and still a great fun play!

Leads, loops, Drones, scales, keyboard layouts, arpeggiator, loop editor... Inter App Audio with separate outs for mix, drones etc... MIDI I/O...

And the samples are great IMO!

(Huh... the forum won’t let me select a screenshot... )

• @ltf3 said:
    (Huh... the forum won’t let me select a screenshot... )

• Nope, all the obscure stuff has been replaced. csGrain/Spectral are probably the oldest things I still keep on the iPad. Nothing else has survived (other than Animoog).

• Thanks Mr Goodyear!

• edited May 2020

@Eschatone said:
    Nanoloop
    yellofier
    Rrarrow
    6X806
    EsotericSynth
    Rotor
    Monovista
    K-Machine

All worth a look, though rotor only works for me on iOS 12 and earlier..instant crash on iPadOS

Rotor works on my ios 13.whatever just fine

K-Machine is a beast I haven't come to grips with yet

Monovista is tres cool

My List is Long:
    BeepBoop no midi no presets. Turn knobs and make some crazy modulated distorted feedback noise sound. <3

TNR-i sooo much generative possibilities. Midi too, pain in the butt to set up though.

More:
    SoundPrism(s)
    Dr Ohm / Noisemusick
    frekvens
    Fingerbeat
    Skram*
    Speak Unit
    Strom
    CrystalSynthXT
    TF8 Synth

ZedSynth*
    Oscilab
    Guide Track
    Quincy and ScalePlay

*not available

• @Littlewoodg said:
    It does indeed, PDK lives on

Incredible! Thank you, time to look seriously into this then!

• @audiblevideo said:

@Eschatone said:
    Nanoloop
    yellofier
    Rrarrow
    6X806
    EsotericSynth
    Rotor
    Monovista
    K-Machine

All worth a look, though rotor only works for me on iOS 12 and earlier..instant crash on iPadOS

Rotor works on my ios 13.whatever just fine

Monovista is tres cool

My List is Long:
    BeepBoop no midi no presets. Turn knobs and make some crazy modulated distorted feedback noise sound. <3

TNR-i sooo much generative possibilities. Midi too, pain in the butt to set up though.

More:
    SoundPrism(s)
    Dr Ohm / Noisemusick
    frekvens
    Fingerbeat
    Skram*
    Speak Unit
    Strom
    CrystalSynthXT
    TF8 Synth

ZedSynth*
    Oscilab
    Guide Track
    Quincy and ScalePlay

*not available

Skram had a lot of potential... like 4 volcas on screen.

• edited May 2020

@audiblevideo said:

Monovista is tres cool

My List is Long:

More:
    SoundPrism(s)
    Dr Ohm / Noisemusick
    frekvens
    Fingerbeat
    Skram*
    Speak Unit
    Strom
    CrystalSynthXT
    TF8 Synth

ZedSynth*
    Oscilab
    Guide Track
    Quincy and ScalePlay

*not available

Excellent picks! Sad to hear Skram was pulled.
    TF8 is definitely up there with my favorite FM synths, next to Fm4. Been a while since I’ve visited some of these though, it’s a good reminder to give my neglected oldies some attention!

Good to hear about Rotor. Hopefully a reinstall will fix it here, though it could be a conflict with my iPad model. (‘18 iPad Pro 12.9)

• SoundBow https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/soundbow/id1069359097; generator of interesting rhythmic and plucked string sounds for sample fodder, via the screen recorder video trick into Koala or AudioStretch.

• @Svetlovska said:
    SoundBow https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/soundbow/id1069359097; generator of interesting rhythmic and plucked string sounds for sample fodder, via the screen recorder video trick into Koala or AudioStretch.

Good call on Soundbow.
    Synthesize by Yalix Mobile is a similar app with more features, but I think it’s no longer in the App Store.

• @Svetlovska said:
    SoundBow https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/soundbow/id1069359097; generator of interesting rhythmic and plucked string sounds for sample fodder, via the screen recorder video trick into Koala or AudioStretch.

Very cool app!

• @Svetlovska said:

Can you explain this ‘trick’ ?

• edited May 2020

Yea you just swipe down from upper right corner, turn on screen recording then extract audio from the video and boom you have a sample. This makes sampling possibilities endless!

• @Jes said:

@Svetlovska said:

Can you explain this ‘trick’ ?

@Poppadocrock said:
    Yea you just swipe down from upper right corner, turn on screen recording then extract audio from the video and boom you have a sample. This makes sampling possibilities endless!

This shortcut could help speed the process. Once you have the video, simply share it to the shortcut and it allows you to send it to Koala, Reslice, Samplr, among others.

https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

• +1 Dhalang
    +1 Soundbow
    And,,,

Voco
    Polyharp
    Musyc Pro

• no love for FRUM!?:)
    the best FM tracker ever made...

http://frum.jp/

ps.
    last change to get it, they discontinue it :(((((

• Frum doesn’t seem to show up in the UK App Store, shame as it looks interesting...

• Inspired by this, I reinstalled Aurora, Synergy Studio, Tabletop and Cotracks
    Aurora just crashed. But the rest was an interesting play.

• @waka_x said:
    no love for FRUM!?:)
    the best FM tracker ever made...

http://frum.jp/

ps.
    last change to get it, they discontinue it :(((((

So sad.

Not available in Italian app store

• @senhorlampada said:
    Inspired by this, I reinstalled Aurora, Synergy Studio, Tabletop and Cotracks
    Aurora just crashed. But the rest was an interesting play.

Yep Aurora is long gone, though I kept it on the device for years, hoping.
    Dev referred me to Synergy when I wrote him about Aurora...which makes sense. And I like Synergy a lot.

• Just discovered one in another thread - soundfontsAU

• edited May 2020

Matthew Caldwell apps. Don’t know if mentioned already but even though they’re IAA only they’re great for creating samples.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/frobulator/id993500586

And this:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wretchup/id928543264

• edited May 2020

@Montreal_Music : thought I’d take a chance on Echo Pitch which I hadn’t heard of before, and it loads up and runs fine in AUM, (remembering to start it first outside the app and then add it in) and seems like exactly my kind of madness, except that all sounds passing through it seem to come with an irreducible crunchy distortion on my 2018 IPad Air, still there even when I turn all feedback, drive and tone options to zero. It sounds like audio distortion, not the fixed sample rate grunge that I know can affect older apps, and I can’t change anything in the AUM settings panel to make it better, apparently. Are you getting this? Does anyone have any suggestions? If not, I’ll just have to save it for those ‘crazy delay with crunchy distortion included’ moments.

***whoa, update: just tried a reboot & reinstall, now working clear as a bell! This thing sounds amazing! (Not too sure how stable it is on account of that first encounter, but hey...) Tried changing the looper tempo while it’s running, result: great tape glitch FX.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Montreal_Music : thought I’d take a chance on Echo Pitch which I hadn’t heard of before, and it loads up and runs fine in AUM, (remembering to start it first outside the app and then add it in) and seems like exactly my kind of madness, except that all sounds passing through it seem to come with an irreducible crunchy distortion on my 2018 IPad Air, still there even when I turn all feedback, drive and tone options to zero. It sounds like audio distortion, not the fixed sample rate grunge that I know can affect older apps, and I can’t change anything in the AUM settings panel to make it better, apparently. Are you getting this? Does anyone have any suggestions? If not, I’ll just have to save it for those ‘crazy delay with crunchy distortion included’ moments.

***whoa, update: just tried a reboot & reinstall, now working clear as a bell! This thing sounds amazing! (Not too sure how stable it is on account of that first encounter, but hey...) Tried changing the looper tempo while it’s running, result: great tape glitch FX.

Oh man, this is the one with the insane Feedback Matrix.
    Tap that Grid Icon to open a routing matrix where you can feed each of the 4 lines into each other or back into themselves.

• Mmmm, this sounds like my kind of tasty for sure. Is there nothing else that sounds like this?

• Fortamento $1.99

• @Gavinski: get it, it’s a bargain at £3, and @CracklePot is right, that feedback matrix (the square grid box at the bottom) is your gateway to a maze of wonderful weirdness. And yet it remains highly, controllably tweakable, and easy to understand to boot. I’m really pleased @Montreal_Music brought this to my attention, it’s my new favourite thing.