Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waldorf Nave Reduced for limited time..

edited March 2014 in General App Discussion

Only £7.99 in the UK!

Get it while its hot folks!!

Comments

• Mmmm, it's second time that it is on sale and I'm still undecided. I'm just not big on those formant sounds.

• Yeah, it's only one of the best synths available on iOS, and it's rarely on sale....

...but if you don't like how it sounds, you probably don't need it.

• @supadom said:

Mmmm, it's second time that it is on sale and I'm still undecided. I'm just not big on those formant sounds.

You mean the speech synthesis engine they slapped in there? I see that one more as a bonus/fun kinda thing, never really use it.

• I got it last time it was on sale but never use it. I like the effects section and the arp and the keyboard are quite nice, but I like very few of the preset sounds and I don't really understand enough about this synthesis type to make anything useful with it. Manual didn't help much either...

So, for people that are undecided and don't know why they would need Nave - you might not need it after all. For me it's definitely in the "why did I buy this" category together with GrainScience and AddictiveSynth (mini version).

• @raz said:

I got it last time it was on sale but never use it. I like the effects section and the arp and the keyboard are quite nice, but I like very few of the preset sounds and I don't really understand enough about this synthesis type to make anything useful with it. Manual didn't help much either...

So, for people that are undecided and don't know why they would need Nave - you might not need it after all. For me it's definitely in the "why did I buy this" category together with GrainScience and AddictiveSynth (mini version).

Funny enough I bought addictive synth and deleted it after a couple of days. Didn't like the sound. I'm getting much more selective in my app choices, fighting the addiction ;)

• Same here. Nave is cool, but I really don't use it. I fought the z3ta urge as well, with Thor and iSEM I really have everything I need. Throw in sunrizer as well, which I always forget. I wish imini worked, because it's the best for bass, but until notes stop sticking, the others are everything I need.

• If I could only keep one synth on my iPad it would probably be Nave.

• If I was forced to keep just one it would probably be Impaktor, even if not technically a synth. Fortunately we don't need to make such drastic choices :)

• Slowly my fav synsths are becoming Magellan and Cassini. For less than 10 bucks Nave is a good deal, more of its presets suck, but it's really simple to use/learn and it has a very warm sound, but I think I'm obsolete, I hate wave table synthesis. ^.^

• I really like Nave. True, there are some presets I don't like, but I've gotten some great sounds out of it (although w/o really knowing what I'm doing). I like Cassini too (and Sunrizer and Thor). It's definitely worth ten bucks.

• Nave, that is.

• It's a steal at ten bucks. Capable of whatever kinds of sounds you want to make, and many yopu don;t know you want to make yet. Lots of preset expansion packs are (unofficially) available, too. And the UI provides Nave with a very distinctive, approachable kind of wavetable synthesis. GET IT.

• @supadom said:

If I was forced to keep just one it would probably be Impaktor, even if not technically a synth.

It is most definitively a synth. Doesn't use a keyboard for voltage look most synths do -- it uses the mic but that's just a controller.

• Btw, i thought they fixed the bug that made the recorder crash/freeze in a previous update of nave?
    It's crashing again on my ipad 2...

• @syrupcore said:

@supadom said:

If I was forced to keep just one it would probably be Impaktor, even if not technically a synth.

It is most definitively a synth. Doesn't use a keyboard for voltage look most synths do -- it uses the mic but that's just a controller.

Yeah, I know. 2 oscillators and all...

• I really like Nave it sits in my Power Synths folder.

Impaktor I love but never use it, because I don't always have a perfectly quiet room to use it in.
    I'm really puzzled that the Dev didn't implement external midi note input, so that the synth could be used regardless of environment.

I'm curious @supadom I don't suppose you use Impaktor live ?

• edited March 2014

@Multitouch said:

I'm curious @supadom I don't suppose you use Impaktor live?

I was hoping you'd ask that...

This was recorded live. I'm not sure if it wouldn't re trigger in louder environment, with bass, drums etc. In a semi acoustic environment though I'm certain it would work beautifully.

• Thanks @supadom for the info but until the Dev adds midi input and sync, which may never happen, I'm going to stick with Seekbeats as my preferred drum synth.

• The only way to be certain if you need one synth is try it yourself. I wish all the devs could release free version of their synths, with limited function or intermittent noise. That could save us lots of troubles.