Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo: Rhodes physical model without samples

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @rs2000 @supadom grazie mille gents!

You're welcome and...pleasure! I keep tweaking with my version and added an effect when tines become more prominent when playing quietly. That was uploaded around 3pm GMT today. I don't think it has a built in midi to cv module so you might have to up number of voices to at least 4 after you've loaded the instrument preset.

• @supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @rs2000 @supadom grazie mille gents!

You're welcome and...pleasure! I keep tweaking with my version and added an effect when tines become more prominent when playing quietly. That was uploaded around 3pm GMT today. I don't think it has a built in midi to cv module so you might have to up number of voices to at least 4 after you've loaded the instrument preset.

That's great!
    There is so much we can do, it's just a matter of time.
    Fortunately or unfortunately... 😇

• @rs2000 said:

@ion677 said:
    Sounds quite good, but doesn’t respond to sustain pedal?

Actually when I recorded the demo I found that out too.
    Thanks for reminding me, sounds like a Drambo feature request.

@giku_beepstreet one unfortunate thing I’ve found out about drambo is that you can automate sustain messages to external instruments, but you can’t use a sustain pedal to do it. You can map it to literally anything else except a sustain pedal. Looks like internal instrument racks don’t support traditional sustain messages either.

• @ion677 said:

@rs2000 said:

@ion677 said:

@giku_beepstreet one unfortunate thing I’ve found out about drambo is that you can automate sustain messages to external instruments, but you can’t use a sustain pedal to do it. You can map it to literally anything else except a sustain pedal. Looks like internal instrument racks don’t support traditional sustain messages either.

Best to tell him directly, or post at the forum.

• @cian said:

@ion677 said:

@rs2000 said:

@ion677 said:

Done already.

• Works fine for me, opened straight away. Great as a starting point for weirdness with delays and comb filters. As a side note, I much appreciate it when people save their Drambos as projects - makes it a one click open for me.

• @cian said:

@ion677 said:

@rs2000 said:

@ion677 said:

Yep, posted on the drambo forum, and wrote a dm. No response.

• @Svetlovska said:
    As a side note, I much appreciate it when people save their Drambos as projects - makes it a one click open for me.

Bing, bing, bing....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Svetlovska said:
    As a side note, I much appreciate it when people save their Drambos as projects - makes it a one click open for me.

Bing, bing, bing....

I've hinted at it several times but not everyone seems to agree that uploading projects is a good idea 😉

• @rs2000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Svetlovska said:

Bing, bing, bing....

I've hinted at it several times but not everyone seems to agree that uploading projects is a good idea 😉

I'm a simple beggar. I'll take the fries and be happy, but if you can spare the whole meal....:)

• @rs2000 Beautiful!

• @rs2000
    Is that you playing?

The sound of your patch is pretty convincing.
    Very beautiful.

• @rs2000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Svetlovska said:

Bing, bing, bing....

I’m totally up for it but would mind losing the ability to export module presets. How do we reconcile the two?

• @CracklePot said:
    @rs2000
    Is that you playing?

The sound of your patch is pretty convincing.
    Very beautiful.

Thanks! No, it's not me playing, it's a MIDI file that was delivered with a rather old EP Kontakt lib by Scarbee. Good for testing.

• @supadom said:

@rs2000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Svetlovska said:

Bing, bing, bing....

I’m totally up for it but would mind losing the ability to export module presets. How do we reconcile the two?

You're not losing anything. Load the project and save / export the module preset. No limits.

• Delightful ! Many thanks !!!

• Folks, I'm overwhelmed 😊
    Thank you very much for all your lovely responses!

Creating this instrument was a bit like writing a song when inspiration strikes:
    A germ of an idea how to model one part and the rest just seems to follow automatically, drawing me into a certain direction.
    Reducing sample sets to a bare minimum of samples in the EPs I did for Obsidian also taught me a thing or two.

I hope to hear a few songs soon done with this one and creations from other members!
    It's unbelievable how fast the library of Drambo modules and projects on patchstorage has grown within less than four weeks. It has already reached as many uploads as miRack has seen in over six months by now.
    I'm also happy to see that @giku_beepstreet has obviously found a sweet spot in app design that made even people who were not previously into modular synths give it a try at least.
    Just wonderful.

Enjoy making music! 🌞

• Alright electric piano fans. I’ve just uploaded a project file with some kind of wurly/suitcase/pianet within. Unfortunately I don’t have as sweet piano skills as @rs2000 so you’ll have to rock it out yourselves ;)

https://patchstorage.com/electric-piano-suitcase/

• @supadom said:
    Alright electric piano fans. I’ve just uploaded a project file with some kind of wurly/suitcase/pianet within. Unfortunately I don’t have as sweet piano skills as @rs2000 so you’ll have to rock it out yourselves ;)

https://patchstorage.com/electric-piano-suitcase/

Ah c'mon, different can be great in the right context and who wouldn't want a Wurly next to his Rhodes? 😎

• @rs2000 said:

@supadom said:
    Alright electric piano fans. I’ve just uploaded a project file with some kind of wurly/suitcase/pianet within.

“What’s in a name? That which we call a Rhodes
    By Any Other Name would smell as sweet.”

A Rhodes is a perfect combination of physical stimulus and synthesized tone generation, IMHO.
    My nephew wants to give me his to free up physical space in his studio. Free after paying for the move.
    It's the model with the speaker and Fender amp... It just warms you to sit in front of that speaker and let the sounds massage you. He lives 300 miles away. Quarantine and my own space issues... He just doesn't want to sell it and it's probably karmic payback for showing him a Korg Synth Workstation at an impressionable age.

• edited April 2020

@McD said:

@rs2000 said:

@supadom said:
    Alright electric piano fans. I’ve just uploaded a project file with some kind of wurly/suitcase/pianet within.

“What’s in a name? That which we call a Rhodes
    By Any Other Name would smell as sweet.”

A Rhodes is a perfect combination of physical stimulus and synthesized tone generation, IMHO.
    My nephew wants to give me his to free up physical space in his studio. Free after paying for the move.
    It's the model with the speaker and Fender amp... It just warms you to sit in front of that speaker and let the sounds massage you. He lives 300 miles away. Quarantine and my own space issues... He just doesn't want to sell it and it's probably karmic payback for showing him a Korg Synth Workstation at an impressionable age.

Whaaaat?
    Take it, no matter what!
    The suitcase would be my favorite model, next to a Wurly model 140 if I had the chance.

Both featured in this vid btw:

The blue one is the suitcase and the wooden one is the 140.

• edited April 2020

@rs2000 This patch sounds great! Can't wait to give it a wurl. :)

• McDMcD
    edited April 2020

@rs2000 said:
    Whaaaat?
    Take it, no matter what!
    The suitcase would be my favorite model, next to a Wurly model 140 if I had the chance.

OK. I'm going to kill you now. I owned the grey speckled Wurly from the 60's and sold it for space
    after having kids and needing more room in the garage. A set of Deagen Vibes from the 40's vent too.

Huge errors in judgement. The guy that bought them did so to make sample products in the 90's.

OK... let me download your gifts and forget.

• @echoopera said:
    @rs2000 This patch sounds great! Can't wait to give it a wurl. :)

Thank you!
    I'm super-curious how you'll use it in your music, should you choose to do so.
    If there's a certain change in sonic character you'd prefer it to sound like, feel free to suggest and I'll see what I can do.

• I got it and in loads so easily... but I still can't figure out how to save a version with small changes. I type
    "save as" in a lot of directories and get now where. It's always something...

I made a little track using it mixed with a touch of flute and sharing lead time with the amazing B-3X organ. It holds it's ground.

• @rs2000 said:
    Folks, I'm overwhelmed 😊

Creating this instrument was a bit like writing a song when inspiration strikes:
    A germ of an idea how to model one part and the rest just seems to follow automatically, drawing me into a certain direction.
    Reducing sample sets to a bare minimum of samples in the EPs I did for Obsidian also taught me a thing or two.

I hope to hear a few songs soon done with this one and creations from other members!
    It's unbelievable how fast the library of Drambo modules and projects on patchstorage has grown within less than four weeks. It has already reached as many uploads as miRack has seen in over six months by now.
    I'm also happy to see that @giku_beepstreet has obviously found a sweet spot in app design that made even people who were not previously into modular synths give it a try at least.
    Just wonderful.

Enjoy making music! 🌞

Is it just me, or does this sustain like an organ when you hold down the keys?

• @McD To save an updated Drambo project, hamburger menu, Save As. The folder is highlighted; you can navigate to another. Edit the name as desired, then HIT RETURN. The last step is not obvious, but actually triggers the action.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:

@rs2000 said:
    Folks, I'm overwhelmed 😊

Just wonderful.

Enjoy making music! 🌞

Is it just me, or does this sustain like an organ when you hold down the keys?

No, it’s not just you, in fact it makes it difficult to tell them apart at times.

• @uncledave said:
    @McD To save an updated Drambo project, hamburger menu, Save As. The folder is highlighted; you can navigate to another. Edit the name as desired, then HIT RETURN. The last step is not obvious, but actually triggers the action.

Thanks You. I'm using a physical keyboard so it just wasn't obvious. With it turned off... it's more obvious
    with that virtual keyboard waiting to be closed.