Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MM-1 MuteMaster by Kai Aras

Comments

• interesting, quicker than trying to set a script to do a similar thing. :)

• @Paul16 said:
    no laughs, this town has been out of yeast for weeks now

Just go the sourdough route

• It's out in UK

• out in Italy too.

• I think I'd prefer if it was a midi and audio effect, but think it's just audio, tempted though. :)

• US has it.
    $5.
    Sweet.

• @CracklePot said:
    US has it.
    $5.
    Sweet.

Is it though? Ask Moneypenny to leave a full report on my desk...

• @Carnbot said:
    I think I'd prefer if it was a midi and audio effect, but think it's just audio, tempted though. :)

It's great with percussion channels, and to use it like a manual switcher between those channels (sort of playing it). but, it's also cool to get some ambient channels going... set up the per-channel fade, then let the sequencer run and fade between the channels. Add in some probability and it's vaguely generative.

• That looks quite useful, but I’m surprised it doesn’t seem to have per channel gain/volume modulation capabilities. Is it just for muting/full fades?

• Perfect for drums using something like multi-out Ruismaker. Just got it, haven't figured out interface yet.

• looks like ipad only, are there plans for iphone version too?

• Getting real lag moving around the effect in AUM iPad Pro 2020 1tb.

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:
    I think I'd prefer if it was a midi and audio effect, but think it's just audio, tempted though. :)

It's great with percussion channels, and to use it like a manual switcher between those channels (sort of playing it). but, it's also cool to get some ambient channels going... set up the per-channel fade, then let the sequencer run and fade between the channels. Add in some probability and it's vaguely generative.

Yeah I can see me using this, hope it might get some more development too, but we need more plugins like this I think :)

• @eross said:
    looks like ipad only, are there plans for iphone version too?

Kai started on Twitter that it would be universal soon after launch. :smile:

• @oddSTAR said:

@eross said:
    looks like ipad only, are there plans for iphone version too?

Kai started on Twitter that it would be universal soon after launch. :smile:

awesome thanks

• Looks great, I’ll be all over this tomorrow 😋
    Here’s a tutorial video made by Dj Puzzle iOs Music

• Reminds me of Woodstepper. Supercool; have no idea what it would be useful for.

• Could u guys see yourselves using this on melodic lines rather than just percussion and 'glitter'? The YouTube video is really cool, breaks were a great choice for demoing this. I'm wondering if this is something I personally would use though.

• edited April 2020

That's also where my mind went first. If you set up a few instrument channels into MM-1, then bussed those together through a filter and amp in Drambo, you'd be able to do live 'wave sequencing', a bit like Wavestate or the new Evolver app.

@Gavinski said:
    Could u guys see yourselves using this on melodic lines rather than just percussion and 'glitter'? The YouTube video is really cool, breaks were a great choice for demoing this. I'm wondering if this is something I personally would use though.

• so it fades in and out each channel, and you can pre determine when each channel will happen?? so it’ll automatically bring in your arp on the 4th bar or something like that?

• Is there any synergy between this app and evolverFX by 4pockets?

• Is it wrong that I'm already planning how to replicate this in Drambo 😂

• That's the drambo way. Work your voodoo!

• @aleyas said:
    Is it wrong that I'm already planning how to replicate this in Drambo 😂

Haha, tis a tiny bit bad, but nothing you'd go to hell for I'm sure 😁. Please post the patch when u do 🤫.

• edited April 2020

@Gavinski said:

@aleyas said:

Haha, tis a tiny bit bad, but nothing you'd go to hell for I'm sure 😁. Please post the patch when u do 🤫.

Please don't, use it as a learning exercise maybe, but lets not start eating to in to other developers extremely tiny niche market as it is by posting patches of commercially available iOS plugins.

• edited April 2020

Don't worry. Drambo doesn't have multi channel audio input. The patch would only be possible natively for its own instruments.

@Turntablist said:

@Gavinski said:

@aleyas said:

Please don't, use it as a learning exercise maybe, but lets not start eating to in to other developers extremely tiny niche market as it is by posting patches of commercially available iOS plugins.

• Yeah guys, dont share any drambo presets ever because apparently these developers who create beautiful, intuitive, responsive, expressive GUIs that appeal to the vast majority of people will lose bagfulls of cash if someone shares a rube goldberg like contraption in drambo that reads in a different language but kind of sort of resembles the original IP

• @aleyas said:
    If you set up a few instrument channels into MM-1, then bussed those together through a filter and amp in Drambo, you'd be able to do live 'wave sequencing', a bit like Wavestate or the new Evolver app.

Aleyas, can you explain why you would need to bus these into a filter and amp in Drambo, specifically? Wouldn’t you be able to do this in AUM for example? Maybe I’m missing something (maybe = likely, hahal)

• edited April 2020

Well, that example would be to use MM-1 to build a fully articulated synth voice that can do wave sequencing. Basically, trying to replicate a simple Wavestation voice. So for example, you trigger 3 instruments on the same midi channel (monophonic voices, longest release time). Then you use MM-1 to fade between instrument channels, bus them to 1 stream and route them through Drambo to articulate them with a master VCF and VCA. That should produce an articulated wave sequenced voice.

E.g.: Violin sample fades into a square wave which fades into a saxophone which fades back into the violin and repeats. Thats the "oscillator". Articulate it with envelope and filter/amp in Drambo.

Anyway..This is just theoretical until I can try it!! Let me buy MM-1 first and give it a shot. I tend to want to push the boundaries of apps, sometimes in ways they weren't originally intended to be used haha.

@Gavinski said:

@aleyas said:
    If you set up a few instrument channels into MM-1, then bussed those together through a filter and amp in Drambo, you'd be able to do live 'wave sequencing', a bit like Wavestate or the new Evolver app.

Aleyas, can you explain why you would need to bus these into a filter and amp in Drambo, specifically? Wouldn’t you be able to do this in AUM for example? Maybe I’m missing something (maybe = likely, hahal)