Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MM-1 MuteMaster by Kai Aras

Comments

• @jameslondon74 said:
    What you will end up with is an amazing Ableton Live style set up with flawlessly synced channel switches.

Perhaps options for channel switching to follow the host clock (like BeatMaker 3 and Modstep) or not.

Sounds good, noted.

@topaz said:
    Hi @ka010 great app :-)

I can crash it pretty easily in aum just by changing divisions when playing back.

AUM Project attached ;-)

I wasn't able to reproduce the crash, though I was missing most of the instruments in that session.
    I haven't heard from anyone else having issues with it crashing. Could you try re-creating that session from scratch to see if it still happens?

@aleyas said:
    Is it possible to get more than 6 channels, or to use 2 instance groups for a total 12?

Yes, you can group as many instances to one channel as you want.

• @CracklePot said:

@Gavinski said:
    Remember that there are a couple of bugs in the utility section, so those can throw you off being able to figure it out. But mostly if you read the post Kai wrote explaining it, and work through that section systematically, you'll get a pretty good grasp of it before too long

What bugs were those, again?
    Can’t find them in this thread.

They have been fixed in v1.0.2 already.

• @motmeister said:
    When you reset AUM transport to beat1 measure1 (clear it), why doesn’t it reset all instances of MuteMaster? For example, why doesn’t it reset ACTIVE PATTERN to 1 and the number of triggers received back to none? If you stop the AUM transport during pattern2 for example, even if you reset AUM to beat1 measure1, if you don’t somehow reset MM, it appears to start where it left off. This can be confusing if you’re trying to figure out how to use the app. In the video just above, as long as you start MM clean, you can reproduce what the video does, but without some manual reset of MM, you don’t get the same result the second time.

Sorry about that, seems like no-one ever noticed until now, expect a fix soon.

• @ka010 said:

@motmeister said:
    When you reset AUM transport to beat1 measure1 (clear it), why doesn’t it reset all instances of MuteMaster? For example, why doesn’t it reset ACTIVE PATTERN to 1 and the number of triggers received back to none? If you stop the AUM transport during pattern2 for example, even if you reset AUM to beat1 measure1, if you don’t somehow reset MM, it appears to start where it left off. This can be confusing if you’re trying to figure out how to use the app. In the video just above, as long as you start MM clean, you can reproduce what the video does, but without some manual reset of MM, you don’t get the same result the second time.

Sorry about that, seems like no-one ever noticed until now, expect a fix soon.

Thanks! I never know when I discover something like this if it’s really a bug. Lol. It could just be ME! I love this app. Until I wrap my head around patterns and stuff, I’ve been using it with a MIDI stream with CCs to turn channels on and off, and that works GREAT. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Definitely wasn’t me / just sharing the great SoundForMore tutorials ;)

@SpookyZoo said:
    @iOSTRAKON Good work on these tutorials! Thanks.

• @ka010 said:

@CracklePot said:

@Gavinski said:
    Remember that there are a couple of bugs in the utility section, so those can throw you off being able to figure it out. But mostly if you read the post Kai wrote explaining it, and work through that section systematically, you'll get a pretty good grasp of it before too long

What bugs were those, again?
    Can’t find them in this thread.

They have been fixed in v1.0.2 already.

I'm still getting switching noises (crackle) when hard muting simple tones such as plain sine waves. Turing the fade up slightly doesn't help. I'm on v1.0.2. Is a fix in the works for this? Thanks.

• @horsetrainer said:
    I'm still getting switching noises (crackle) when hard muting simple tones such as plain sine waves. Turing the fade up slightly doesn't help. I'm on v1.0.2. Is a fix in the works for this? Thanks.

Yes, that's fixed in v1.0.3 which should be out in a couple of days. Beta is currently waiting for review, happy to send an invite if that's something you're interested in just let me know.

• rcfrcf
    edited May 2020

@jameslondon74 said:
    When using for ambient performance with atmospheric textures etc, it would be nice to have much longer fades, both in and out.

I'm a bit late to this thread; I noticed there was talk about the possibility of a Mozaic script for fades a page or so back. @wim kindly made a Mozaic script for the IK Blueboard a few weeks ago, which will do midi cc fades of up to 60 seconds... it also works without a Blueboard. I use it for slow ambient fades and crossfade between AUM channels. Very easy to configure the 4 channels; they can be triggered by 4 Mozaic pads or by external midi... and the fades will also autocycle if you want them to.

https://patchstorage.com/blueboard-switch-ramper/

• @ka010 said:

@horsetrainer said:

Yes, that's fixed in v1.0.3 which should be out in a couple of days. Beta is currently waiting for review, happy to send an invite if that's something you're interested in just let me know.

Thanks, but I'll have to decline your kind offer to join the Beta group.
    I'm Just very much looking forward to using MM1 for sound design.
    Glad to hear the fix is on it's way. :)

• Hey everyone,
    v1.0.3 should be available now, here's what's included:

• Tweaked knob response
    • Fixed an issue where resetting the host timeline would not reset the trigger divider
    • Fixed an issue where resetting the host timeline would not reset the active pattern
    • Fixed an issue where short fade times could generate artefacts in some cases
    • Fixed an issue where deleting all instances in a session would not clear the shared state

Up next is v1.1 which will make it universal.

• @ka010 said:
    Hey everyone,

• Tweaked knob response
    • Fixed an issue where resetting the host timeline would not reset the trigger divider
    • Fixed an issue where resetting the host timeline would not reset the active pattern
    • Fixed an issue where deleting all instances in a session would not clear the shared state

Sweet!!! I don't mess around on the iPhone as much... but this should prove pretty useful for triggering channels on the smaller display. Noice :)

• Does anyone have a demo of this with Cubasis 3? Trying to understand how this works in a normal DAW workflow. Everything I’ve seen is in AUM.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Does anyone have a demo of this with Cubasis 3? Trying to understand how this works in a normal DAW workflow. Everything I’ve seen is in AUM.

I just tried it in Zenbeats and it worked fine; I expect the same in Cubasis

Just add an instance to each audio track and use MM-1 to auto-mute the tracks during performance.

• @ka010 said:
    Hey everyone,

• Tweaked knob response

awesome for
    universal!

• @mojozart said:

@DukeWonder said:
    Does anyone have a demo of this with Cubasis 3? Trying to understand how this works in a normal DAW workflow. Everything I’ve seen is in AUM.

I just tried it in Zenbeats and it worked fine; I expect the same in Cubasis

Just add an instance to each audio track and use MM-1 to auto-mute the tracks during performance.

Does it have to be audio? Doesn’t work with MIDI?

• edited May 2020

@DukeWonder it's a multi channel audio gate - controllable by MIDI

A MIDI gate would be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a Mozaic patch

• @DukeWonder said:
    Does it have to be audio? Doesn’t work with MIDI?

Yup, only audio. Might be interesting to make it work with MIDI but yeah, you can probably do it with Mozaic.

@eross said:

awesome for
    universal!

Should be out some time next week!

• Very useful plugin for generative approach to arrangement. Thank you, @ka010 !
    After several hours of tinkering with it, I think MIDI output could be handy. I would like to switch MIDI-sequencer patterns when MM-1 changes It’s active pattern for example.

• @auwerk said:
    Very useful plugin for generative approach to arrangement. Thank you, @ka010 !
    After several hours of tinkering with it, I think MIDI output could be handy. I would like to switch MIDI-sequencer patterns when MM-1 changes It’s active pattern for example.

Glad to hear that! I think someone else asked for MIDI output, it's on my list anyways.

• Relaxed Audio track featuring MM-1, WOV, BitMaestro and more

• edited June 2020

@ka010 said:

>

@eross said:

awesome for
    universal!

Should be out some time next week!

Is universal still a thing.

I mentioned this app in another thread as a component for a Scatterbrain setup..
    This led me to re-look at the app (via the AppStore etc).

I’m hoping there are no showstoppers! Non universal is a consideration.

King

Just a note to self.

• Anyone using this still? What do you think of it?how does it compare to some of the mozaic midi mixer options? Anyone ever get a problem where the pend function behaves weirdly and gets stuck going between only two patterns even though more than two patterns are active? Cheers folks

• I don’t use it much. I quite liked it but I always had the sense that I would be using it at the latter stages - like blending and chopping several of my own tracks together - but I always seem to have something else to be working on before getting to that point.
    There’s that and also I would have to relearn how to use it again when I get there - I remember being a bit confused with it the first time.... and there are several other apps waiting in the ‘must learn how to use properly’ queue...... and now Drum Computer is coming out..... add to that I am too often get lost in dizzy jams instead of focussing on what I should be doing..... I will get there at some stage though 😀

• edited November 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Anyone using this still? What do you think of it?how does it compare to some of the mozaic midi mixer options? Anyone ever get a problem where the pend function behaves weirdly and gets stuck going between only two patterns even though more than two patterns are active? Cheers folks

The combination of AUM, LK and Drambo has made this completely obsolete for me.
    No coding necessary either.

• @rs2000 hmmm, interesting. Thing is, learning curve for LK is steep. This is a 1 stop fix. This is also confusing as hell at first for many ppl, actually, as @robosardine pointed out but that's mainly because it never got a proper manual. It's very simple once you understand it.

• @Gavinski said:
    @rs2000 hmmm, interesting. Thing is, learning curve for LK is steep. This is a 1 stop fix. This is also confusing as hell at first for many ppl, actually, as @robosardine pointed out but that's mainly because it never got a proper manual. It's very simple once you understand it.

+1000 😊
    It pays to spend some time with it. Imaginando (@sinosoidal and his team) are doing a lovely job here, more updates and new features ahead.

• Yeah, don't worry, that's one I'm fully intending to dive into now that the documentation is better. No need to call Nuno, he's already impatient for me to get cracking on that one 🤣

• I’ve been trying to get my head back around it in light of the new soniclab one coming out, I fear it’s likely nowhere near as much use though...

• @Krupa said:
    I’ve been trying to get my head back around it in light of the new soniclab one coming out, I fear it’s likely nowhere near as much use though...

U confused me a bit here @krupa! What's nowhere near as much use as what? 😅

• I think this is more a hidden gem as it sounds so goofy( at first I mean) . Like hey buddy I got program that mutes the volume. BUT its totally more than that and I get it. ITs almost a seq and hyper tremolo x 10 Just harder to sell to a gangster, u. know. KAI makes the cash money apps and this app like the others maybe super sick. Hails to odd apps