Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sharpish: First song with AudioKit Pro’s Bass 808

edited April 2020 in Creations

Made on my iPhone 11 in NanoStudio 2 using Bass 808, Ruismaker Noir, Slate, Volt, and Lagrange. As always, mixed in AUM using ToneBoosters and 4Pockets SidechainFX before running through Grand Finale.

Comments

• edited April 2020

Trance vibes. Like it a lot. What was the bass preset you used? It's got a lot of punch (in a good way). Or did you make it from scratch?

I'd recommend letting the bass breathe a little. It's ever present in the song. Sometimes it might be better to reduce the bass when you're introducing the arps, or the high leads. Else we'll always focus on the bass and not pay attention to the great effort you put in designing the melodies.

Also, adding a bit more glide into the bass line at some sections to give it more bounce

Overall, liking the use of the apps. I think the only ones I have out of your list is Nanostudio 2, and Bass 808.

Great job overall. Looking forward to hearing more.

• @Samflash3 said:
    Trance vibes. Like it a lot. What was the bass preset you used? It's got a lot of punch (in a good way). Or did you make it from scratch?

I'd recommend letting the bass breathe a little. It's ever present in the song. Sometimes it might be better to reduce the bass when you're introducing the arps, or the high leads. Else we'll always focus on the bass and not pay attention to the great effort you put in designing the melodies.

Also, adding a bit more glide into the bass line at some sections to give it more bounce

Overall, liking the use of the apps. I think the only ones I have out of your list is Nanostudio 2, and Bass 808.

Great job overall. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Yeah I definitely should have done this one in CB3 so I could have automated some parameters on the bass. I don’t remember which preset I started with but I definitely tweaked it quite a bit.

I would highly recommend Lagrange. I’ve used it a lot lately and it’s very versatile. Ruismaker Noir is great for designing kicks. 4Pockets SidechainFX actually works in apps without multi-out so it’s great for non-AUM applications. And ToneBoosters stuff is Just brilliant.