Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit Bass 808 - MIDI destination issues?

Bass 808 isn't showing up in MIDI destinations on a couple of apps including my most recently updated TouchScaper. If I set AUM as the destination and then route it within AUM I can get to 808.

Any thoughts why this might be? Do I need to worry about it now that I've figure I can just route through AUM (I don't know if this is a typical solution to MIDI routing).

Comments

• Unless there's some specific reason you want to use Bass 808 standalone rather than as an AU in AUM, then it's best just to route it as you've shown.

I don't see the standalone Bass 808 midi destination either. Maybe they forgot to expose it.
    (@analog_matt?)

• Thanks for asking – Only has MIDI destinations as AUv3.

None of the Audiokit apps have MIDI destination in Standalone. 🤷‍♂️ Best to use a specific MIDI channel in Standalone mode.

• @analog_matt said:
    Thanks for asking – Only has MIDI destinations as AUv3.

None of the Audiokit apps have MIDI destination in Standalone. 🤷‍♂️ Best to use a specific MIDI channel in Standalone mode.

In that case, you might want to consider suppressing the midi channel input settings in standalone to reduce confusion.

• @wim said:
    In that case, you might want to consider suppressing the midi channel input settings in standalone to reduce confusion.

Sorry for any confusion, I believe the MIDI Channel input does work in standalone?
    Does it not work for you? Thanks again!

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

@analog_matt said:

@wim said:

Sorry for any confusion, I believe the MIDI Channel input does work in standalone?
    Does it not work for you? Thanks again!

It works for hardware, but since you don't expose a Core MIDI destination port, other apps can't be configured to send to it. Not a big deal since using it as an AU is better anyway, but it's an issue that could confuse some people.

• Hey @analog_matt sorry to bug you, I know your a busy man, but ive had an issue with GUI sizing in AUM as AUv3 since the update a week ago. I am on iPad 6 with updated iOS and 9.7 screen. When I open 808 app in AUM the knobs are large and I can not see either side of synth, where the decibel meters are. I’ve readjusted Window size many times and it still cuts off sides and makes knobs and what have you look bigger than before. Didn’t know if you knew about this... I’m hoping a fix will come soon if you need some analytics let me know.

• @Poppadocrock - if you want to send me some screenshots, that might help. I have a 9.7, and I usually use AUM in landscape mode, though. [email protected] thanks!

• Will do Matt

• Hey @analog_matt I just tried to recreate it and it worked fine. Yea... I pretty much always work in landscape in AUM. Maybe it was my iPad, running low on processing power or something. I only noticed it twice, and unfortunately never took a screenshot. It seems to be working fine now. I Just tried it in a small session (couple apps), and a large session (many apps) and it resized fine and looked good. If I notice anything else I’ll be sure to let you know, but as of now everything is great. Thanks for being available to help. Can’t wait for Autotuner, and yet to be named Electric Keys Thing.

Also on a side note, while I have you... you mentioned on another thread, that after each limited release is over the price would go Up to $999.99 or something similar. Maybe you could make it a really high price but something still obtainable. Say $99.99 or $49.99 I know the whole point is the “limited” part, and you even extended the time frame, but if price was high and still obtainable, you would still get that limited pricing time frame, but after that if someone really wanted to, they could shell out $50 or $100 bucks to get it. Just a thought. I’m one of the people who liked the whole idea of the “10 app limited release” as long as people had a fair amount of time to download the app, before missing it. I will buy/download every single app on its release date, but for those who miss out, if they wanted to could still get the app just at a very large markup. Just an idea, keep up the great stuff, I love everything you guys do at AK. Cheers!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I know the whole point is the “limited” part, and you even extended the time frame, but if price was high and still obtainable, you would still get that limited pricing time frame, but after that if someone really wanted to, they could shell out $50 or $100 bucks to get it. Just a thought. I’m one of the people who liked the whole idea of the “10 app limited release” as long as people had a fair amount of time to download the app, before missing it.

That's a really great idea! And, you're a really generous and cool musician.

I mean, I would love to do something like that. Though, I wonder how some iOS musicians would feel about it? i.e. I don't want the musicians that got it during the limited time feel cheated if someone can just get it later for $50.

I guess we can do a poll or something once it becomes more relevant...

• I'm gonna sell mine on eBay for $98.99 (+ Shipping).

• Right on. I totally get the conundrum. Ultimately it’s up to you. I guess that would be more like a flash sale, get this great app for only $2.99, after that up to $50, $75, $100. the advantage would be getting it for a great price. I just thought I’d throw that out there to see what you thought. Thanks @analog_matt

• I'm always a little, um, frustrated by the suggestions over mark up on apps. People saying they would gladly pay more etc. I get that this isn't that. I just think that if you want to pay more then you can email and ask for their PayPal. Some people might not have as much money as you. Doesn't mean they don't support the dev, just means they don't have as much disposable income. I think that's worth keeping in mind when you encourage devs to increase the price of their apps. I mean, if it doesn't pay enough then that's a seperate issue, imo.

• Old thread, sorry. Does the attack setting on this do much? Could’ve sworn it used to have a fairly pronounced effect but is now barely noticeable. Any other users noticing this? Thanks

• @Zerozerozero said:
    Old thread, sorry. Does the attack setting on this do much? Could’ve sworn it used to have a fairly pronounced effect but is now barely noticeable. Any other users noticing this? Thanks

Turn distort off and it seems to be more noticeable.

• Yeah, sounds like it very slightly effects the filter when turned all the way up. But the release effects the amp envelope, not the filter...?
    @analog_matt
    Can you confirm the attack/release is working as intended?
    Thanks