Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lethe - created with Lo-Fi Piano and the free FM Piano from the creator of KQ Dixie

edited April 2020 in Creations

Quite the simple and budget production in fact - recorded in AUM, uploaded from AudioShare. I used Lo Fi piano running a Cykle loop as lead, with Yaled reverse delay, then used the free FM Piano with the also free Zero Reverb 100% wet doubled from the Cykle loop as an underlying texture:

Comments

• This is really good. Thanks for sharing! Soothing and calming in stormy times.
    Make me think, I need to get cykle to know ;)

• @david_2017 : hi, thanks for the listen and the comment :) Yep, Cykle is great, and has a few good updates since release. I like the fact that setting the lanes at different lengths can lead to happy accidents from small initial seeds, and break me out of the rigid ‘I’ve got a little 4 bar loop - now what?’ dead end a lot of my stuff otherwise ends up in. The only thing missing that would really take Cykle to the next level would be a way of chaining parts and/or allowing them to morph in a controlled way a la some of the Rozetta apps, so that you could build whole songs with a mixture of structured and free form elements across a series of parts or instances. Here’s hoping @cp3 smiles upon us at some point in the future...

• @Svetlovska said:
    Quite the simple and budget production in fact - recorded in AUM, uploaded from AudioShare. I used Lo Fi piano running a Cykle loop as lead, with Yaled reverse delay, then used the free FM Piano with the also free Zero Reverb 100% wet doubled from the Cykle loop as an underlying texture:

What a lovely piece.

The name ,'Lethe', suits it.

Thank you for sharing.

• edited April 2020

@Gravitas : thanks for the listen, and the comment. :) The title only slightly shaded by our current situation, in which it seems we all have to forget, at least for a while, some of the things of our lives before.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Gravitas : thanks for the listen, and the comment. :) The title only slightly shaded by our current situation, in which it seems we all have to forget, at least for a while, some of the things of our lives before.

You're welcome.

Agreed.

Have a nice day. :)

• As I would expect from you... Perfect :heart:
    But the best is how minimalist your setup for this was.
    And also using an app just released too

Listened to it once. Gonna go through it again :sunglasses:

• @senhorlampada: gosh, thank you. Blushing now! 😊

• I’ve said it before but I love your stuff.

• @qryss : Thank you! :) I live alone, and, obviously, the current situation has only exacerbated things, so sometimes making my noises and punting them out into the void feels almost entirely abstract. Until I get feedback, and that makes it real. And more importantly, it also makes me want to keep my game up, and get better at this lark, if I can. So, really: thank you 😊

• Enjoyed this too, thnx. Got me playing around with putting ravenscroft through various apps to experiment with the lofi piano sound. That lofi app does sound nice though. I also paid more attention to those other synths by the kq dixie guy. Some of those synths look like toys, but they seem to have some great features, and bet they sound great slowed down to half speed.

• @Gavinski - they sure do! As Hainbach says: “half speed is the right speed.” :)

• Does anyone know how the connection with KQ Dixie and the FM Piano works? How wrote on twitter something or in the AppStore update description.
    Is there in KQ Dixie this piano patch implemented somewhere?

• @Svetlovska said:
    @Gavinski - they sure do! As Hainbach says: “half speed is the right speed.” :)

And if Hainbach says it, it must be true lol. You have probably read this, sounds like a very interesting technique to turn vocal samples into musical ambient pads with pitch stretching and other techniques:

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/sound-design-ambient-music?amp

• @david_2017 said:
    Does anyone know how the connection with KQ Dixie and the FM Piano works? How wrote on twitter something or in the AppStore update description.
    Is there in KQ Dixie this piano patch implemented somewhere?

Inside FM piano there are initially two sounds to pick from, so hit the plus sign to add a new sound which brings up a list of the sounds that are currently in the cart in KQ Dixie and you can load any of them into piano. Change to a different cart in KQ and you can pick from a different set of sounds to add to FM piano. I don’t know if there is a limit to how many presets you can add from KQ to Fm piano.

• @Gavinski : no, I hadn’t seen that, but I’m checking it out now. Thanks for the heads up.