Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• cool, can you use purchases made in groovebox and blocs , in the desktop version? or are they a separate thing?

• @eross said:
    cool, can you use purchases made in groovebox and blocs , in the desktop version? or are they a separate thing?

Not sure how long this has been out for see it was featured at NAMM 20. Looks quick basic just a loop composer /linear DAW. With the free version at least you can export to Ableton Live. Other wise bits £7.99 a month! It’s doesn’t show up as a AU or VST and not sure you can transfer purchases as they are linked to Apple account only.

• Definitely Ableton export is the big appeal after using this as a sketch pad. Just tried it works seamlessly.

• The octave shift time stretching algoriddim is quite good in this.

• No videos? Subscription?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The octave shift time stretching algoriddim is quite good in this.

Should be the same one in Blocs Wave.

• Are you able to correct the typo in the title?

• Ah, right. This is more like Blocs Wave than Groovebox. In fact, I'm not sure you can actually play any instruments in it. I haven't figured out if you can import your own loops.

• After a little bit of poking around, it seems that it's like a very sandboxed Blocs Wave. The sounds are really nice, but are there really many people out there who will be happy making music with pre-sanctioned clips? Maybe it will expand?

• can you only export as abelton live file? or can you export as wav file in the free version?

• @eross said:
    can you only export as abelton live file? or can you export as wav file in the free version?

@eross Wav or AIFF I think from using it earlier

• @Jumpercollins said:

@eross said:
    can you only export as abelton live file? or can you export as wav file in the free version?

cool, so can you load in or record in your own sounds?

• @eross said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@eross said:

cool, so can you load in or record in your own sounds?

Does not seem so.

• I think Ampify is getting the base app for merge everything on it from iOS.
    I don't remember if open blocswave project but it could be nice so you can record on iOS to later edit faster in desktop (maybe arrangement comes in some moment) or Ableton export from there...
    It's still very simple in functionality (there isn't slicer feature or eq yet) but seems promising and it works very nice with windows10 tablets.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I think Ampify is getting the base app for merge everything on it from iOS.
    I don't remember if open blocswave project but it could be nice so you can record on iOS to later edit faster in desktop (maybe arrangement comes in some moment) or Ableton export from there...
    It's still very simple in functionality (there isn't slicer feature or eq yet) but seems promising and it works very nice with windows10 tablets.

Yes, and it's free to start, but with a monthly subscription of $8.99.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    I think Ampify is getting the base app for merge everything on it from iOS.

Yes, and it's free to start, but with a monthly subscription of $8.99.

For the packs. If they implement the export from Blocs and just one on ID so the purchased packs go across the apps... maybe Blocs could get the same subscription but all the packs free at iDevices too... it could make sense.

• just downloaded it, cool idea, but seems super limited. I cant figure out how to import any sounds, does the subscription let you import samples? if not, i dont see the benefit in this, a bunch of same pre picked loops and sounds that everyone that subscribes gets access too?

• It does look very limited. I remember Blocs Wave can do more than this even without iap? I might be wrong though. If they can make it so that it's Blocs+LP, plus the ability to transpose each clip independently, plus no subscription, then I think we'll have a contender!

• edited September 2021

Old thread but can not figure out where else to seek advice.

I WAS going to subscribe to Ampify studio but found it works on my Macbook M1 but NOT a MacBook Mini.

Submitted support ticket 11/9 no response other than automated acknowledgement. Nothing else.

Replied to one of Ampify tweets and asked them why they ignore support tickets....we will get back to you.

4 days later still no reply.

Infuriating as I have invested heavily in Blocs wave and Groovebox with multiple pacs etc both amazing apps BUT I was hoping to use the same packs on Ampify studio. It seems maybe the packs are not transferable - who knows nobody at Ampify considers it worth responding to paying customers.

So a I now seek the advice / knowledge of members here. What other "system" can be used on IOS devices AND OS Macs?

I have been looking closely at remixlive app which seems to offer a lot of the things blocks wave/groovebox do in on integrated package.

Spoke too soon I can not get an external midi keyboard (Korg Nano) to work with Remixlive - might have to stick with Ampify on iPad only.

Any thoughts / Ideas?

• @robertjameslee said:
    Old thread but can not figure out where else to seek advice.

I WAS going to subscribe to Ampify studio but found it works on my Macbook M1 but NOT a MacBook Mini.

Submitted support ticket 11/9 no response other than automated acknowledgement. Nothing else.

Replied to one of Ampify tweets and asked them why they ignore support tickets....we will get back to you.

4 days later still no reply.

Infuriating as I have invested heavily in Blocs wave and Groovebox with multiple pacs etc both amazing apps BUT I was hoping to use the same packs on Ampify studio. It seems maybe the packs are not transferable - who knows nobody at Ampify considers it worth responding to paying customers.

So a I now seek the advice / knowledge of members here. What other "system" can be used on IOS devices AND OS Macs?

I have been looking closely at remixlive app which seems to offer a lot of the things blocks wave/groovebox do in on integrated package.

Spoke too soon I can not get an external midi keyboard (Korg Nano) to work with Remixlive - might have to stick with Ampify on iPad only.

Any thoughts / Ideas?

Great question. What problems are you facing on the Mac?

What I'd say is maybe export the loops out of Blocs Wave into another application. Ableton is usually the simple option but I personally use Garageband/Logic Pro because of familiarity.

One of the few apps that can be used on multiple platforms would be Koala sampler, Drambo (for M1 Mac), and Zenbeats.

1. Koala would work really well for the use of loops from Blocs Wave.
    2. Groovebox presets are unique to the app. Which is why I'm slowly transitioning into Drambo.
    3. Zenbeats is a great universal DAW which has Live Loops style found in Remix live and Launchpad.

Video on Live Loops with Garageband and Zenbeats -

Video covering Remix Live, Launchpad, Koala Sampler, and more...

• Thanks @seonnthaproducer I subscribe to your YouTube channel and really appreciate the training you provide and your creativity.

What problems are you facing on the Mac?=

Ampify studio will run on new MacBook Air. It will not run on 2019 Mac mini I use as a desktop.

I am investigating Zenbeats.

Many thanks for your help.

• @robertjameslee said:
    Thanks @seonnthaproducer I subscribe to your YouTube channel and really appreciate the training you provide and your creativity.

What problems are you facing on the Mac?=

Ampify studio will run on new MacBook Air. It will not run on 2019 Mac mini I use as a desktop.

I am investigating Zenbeats.

Many thanks for your help.

😊 🙏🏾 Thanks as well for the support @robertjameslee
    Surprised it doesn’t work on the old Mac mini. I recall I needed Rosetta to run it on a Mac mini M1 during my earlier tests.

Here’s hoping Ampify can get it working on other Macs as it’ll alienate their users.

• they have responded finally = ask me to empty cache with instructions for WINDOWS machine- loosing faith.

Remixlive have messaged me advising:

"You'll be happy to hear that Midi Learning allowing compatibility with any Midi controller will be out Mid October (Remixlive 6.5)"

So will probably be using Remixlive.

• @robertjameslee said:
    they have responded finally = ask me to empty cache with instructions for WINDOWS machine- loosing faith.

Remixlive have messaged me advising:

"You'll be happy to hear that Midi Learning allowing compatibility with any Midi controller will be out Mid October (Remixlive 6.5)"

So will probably be using Remixlive.

Nice catch. Thanks for the heads up on Remixlive.
    I’ll also send a ticket on the Ampify Studio issue.

• You can export projects from Blocs Wave into any DAW like GarageBand iOS. My workflow is LaunchPad for browsing samples —> Blocs Wave —> GarageBand iOS or Logic/Mac.

• Oh yes @AmpifyxNovation we do want to take it to next level.

To make a quick project on desktop and transfer it to iPad.

Oh and Auv3

• @oddSTAR said:
    Are you able to correct the typo in the title?

If you're referring to "Ampify Studio," it's correct. There is another thing called "Amplify Studio" that's a visual development environment for building fullstack web and mobile apps.

• @rickelal3 said:
    just downloaded it, cool idea, but seems super limited. I cant figure out how to import any sounds, does the subscription let you import samples? if not, i dont see the benefit in this, a bunch of same pre picked loops and sounds that everyone that subscribes gets access too?

Ampify DOES allow you to import your own sounds. Check a manual or Google it.
    Makes Ampify endlessly useful....

• @Artj said:
    It does look very limited. I remember Blocs Wave can do more than this even without iap? I might be wrong though. If they can make it so that it's Blocs+LP, plus the ability to transpose each clip independently, plus no subscription, then I think we'll have a contender!

You CAN import your own sounds --- endless possibilities. It's NOT limited.