Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Realtime sequencer

edited March 2014 in General App Discussion

What is everyone's recommendation for a real-time sequencer? I am primarily using Auria for recording real instruments, guitar, vocals etc..., but I would like to find a good real-time sequencing app to sync with Auria for creating and editing keyboard tracks before recording them to Auria tracks. I was thinking maybe BM2, but it's probably more than I need.
Any advice?
Thanks!

Comments

• Genome would probably be a good option... But I don't have it (yet) to help you more...

• Thanks, that's one I'm considering as well...

• If you want an in-depth MIDI sequencer, Genome or Thesys would be good options. Beatmaker 2 is also a good option, and actually not quite as in-depth as the other 2 I mentioned (in the sequencer dept., specifically)

• Isn't Thesys only a step sequencer? I've heard it's excellent....

• Pretty sure you can play MIDI notes real-time into Thesys to control its sequencer. It's been a bit since I messed with it (been using Genome and BM2, haha)

• @jg707 If you're used to linear timelines like Auria and most desktop DAWs, get BM2 instead of Genome. Genome is powerful but pattern based. Or hold out for Auria's soon(??ish??) MIDI IAP.

• No chords in Thesys. Go with Genome.

• Thesys does provide extensive support for chords!

• Looks like it's time to get BM2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• edited March 2014

How do you do chords in Thesys? All I see is one step one pitch? Please enlighten me.

• edited March 2014

@TedBPhx said:

How do you do chords in Thesys? All I see is one step one pitch? Please enlighten me.

From page 38-39 of the Thesys manual under the Sequencer/Performance section:

Chord

A click on a step in the Chord row opens the Chord Palette with a vast choice of chord
    types and inversions (see Appendix 1 for a list of the chords available).
    The chord is based on the current note in the pitch sequencer. In other words, if the pitch sequencer shows note C on a step with a minor chord on it, the resulting chord will be C minor.

• @jg707 said:

What is everyone's recommendation for a real-time sequencer? I am primarily using Auria for recording real instruments, guitar, vocals etc..., but I would like to find a good real-time sequencing app to sync with Auria for creating and editing keyboard tracks before recording them to Auria tracks. I was thinking maybe BM2, but it's probably more than I need.
    Any advice?
    Thanks!

For me BM2 has been a great investment. People seem to be complaining about the 800mb footprint (I'm one of them) but actually in action it doesn't feel very heavy and it does a good job at sequencing other apps with just a very slight hiccup when swiping between apps. Having a linear audio track is also handy but make sure you name the audio files right away or you'll struggle to find them later as the file system is a bitch. Saying that, if you're doing all of your audio work in Auria you'll be fine. I'm curious how would these 2 run side by side.

• Thanks @supadom! I think the consensus is BM2 is the winner.

Does anyone here have experience syncing BM@ and Auria?

• @yowza Doh! Thank You!