Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request sound recreated in Drambo

Comments

• edited April 2020

@McD said:
    Has anyone made a set of Vibes yet? I want to seduce the @Linearlineman to the party that is Drambo. I have nothing better to do.

"Welcome back my friends to the App that ever ends." 50 more modules are planned.
    Will we get:

50 more Drambo Modules
    or NS2 Audio
    or Loopy Masterpiece

first? Place your bets, gentleman. Step right up.

I’m detecting some funny peculiar vibes in your most recent posts. Are you alright?

• @supadom said:
    I’m detecting some funny peculiar vibes in your most recent posts. Are you alright?

Not to worry. Thanks for asking. I have cabin fever and the news depresses me.
    People still think someone is just hiding the solution. Interviews become and exercise
    in not wanting to scare anyone. When I find someone with clarity I find it refreshing to just
    get a take on reality.

News people don't get the complexity of being ethical in a time of scarce resources and
    performing scientific research on living patients to gain more knowledge to make the future
    better.

• @McD said:

@supadom said:

Not to worry. Thanks for asking. I have cabin fever and the news depresses me.
    People still think someone is just hiding the solution. Interviews become and exercise
    in not wanting to scare anyone. When I find someone with clarity I find it refreshing to just
    get a take on reality.

News people don't get the complexity of being ethical in a time of scarce resources and
    performing scientific research on living patients to gain more knowledge to make the future
    better.

Sorry to hear this. It is tough for many at the moment when the internet is the only window on the post truth ‘reality’. I was just thinking of it this morning how this state is being widely accepted as normality.

It feels like humanity is at the brink of something higher but the birth itself might be too much for many.

I don’t know your personal circumstances but if you’re travelling solo seems like a strict media diet and reconnecting with the most immediate surroundings might be the ticket. Focussing on the small and leaving the big to do its thing for a while. At least until you’ve managed to take your head back in some kind of balance.

Good luck.

Also focusing on what we have in Drambo as opposed to what we don’t 😂 ✌️ ☮️

• edited April 2020

Well, just take some of these as inspiration.....(you can click on any of the 2000+ to see what it is).
    https://library.vcvrack.com/montage

• Anyone else find the mixer doesn’t appear within the Au of drambo in AUM?

• Hi there !
    I tried to post in the beep street forum but this is a quite specific request : the echo freeze delay on the octatrack !!

Here is an example :

Brichards made a good patch and we re nearly there, but I would like to input different delay times like on the octatrack when you switch to delay Ctrl modes (And the ability to flip in 1/4, 1/8 to 1/3, 1/6 etc at the press of a button).

Here is some insight from the manual :

LOCK will when activated make it possible for the delay to function as repeater effect. If the FB parameter of the DELAY MAIN page is set to max, setting SEND to 0 will repeat the con- tent of the delay buffer infinitely. Lower FB val- ues will make the buffer fade out gradually. SEND settings other than 0 deactivates the repeats. TIME controls the length of the repeats. Please note that if PASS is set to 0, VOL of the DELAY MAIN page will not affect the amplitude of the delay buffer signal.

PASS controls how the dry signal will be routed when the LOCK setting is activated. A setting of 1 will mix in dry signal, setting of 0 will make only the delay buffer be heard - which is preferable for repeater use. The vol- ume of the dry signal is controlled by DIR. When PASS is activated, the volume of the delay buffer is controlled by the VOL parame- ter of the DELAY MAIN page. When deacti- vated, VOL do not affect the buffer signal.

take care everyone and keep dramboing !!!!!!

• @Clueless said:
    Well, just take some of these as inspiration.....(you can click on any of the 2000+ to see what it is).
    https://library.vcvrack.com/montage

Heeeelllllpppp!!
    I need more quarantime!!! 🤪

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Anyone else find the mixer doesn’t appear within the Au of drambo in AUM?

Select the 'Main' track and you should see it...
    (It all depends also on what session/project is laded).

• @Samu said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    Anyone else find the mixer doesn’t appear within the Au of drambo in AUM?

Select the 'Main' track and you should see it...
    (It all depends also on what session/project is laded).

Thank you so much. Still finding my feet. Was trying the upper right icons which workin the standalone

• @jazzmess said:
    Hi there !
    I tried to post in the beep street forum but this is a quite specific request : the echo freeze delay on the octatrack !!

Here is an example :

Brichards made a good patch and we re nearly there, but I would like to input different delay times like on the octatrack when you switch to delay Ctrl modes (And the ability to flip in 1/4, 1/8 to 1/3, 1/6 etc at the press of a button).

Here is some insight from the manual :

LOCK will when activated make it possible for the delay to function as repeater effect. If the FB parameter of the DELAY MAIN page is set to max, setting SEND to 0 will repeat the con- tent of the delay buffer infinitely. Lower FB val- ues will make the buffer fade out gradually. SEND settings other than 0 deactivates the repeats. TIME controls the length of the repeats. Please note that if PASS is set to 0, VOL of the DELAY MAIN page will not affect the amplitude of the delay buffer signal.

PASS controls how the dry signal will be routed when the LOCK setting is activated. A setting of 1 will mix in dry signal, setting of 0 will make only the delay buffer be heard - which is preferable for repeater use. The vol- ume of the dry signal is controlled by DIR. When PASS is activated, the volume of the delay buffer is controlled by the VOL parame- ter of the DELAY MAIN page. When deacti- vated, VOL do not affect the buffer signal.

take care everyone and keep dramboing !!!!!!

Use the Recorder module, load your sample and sequence p-locks of the PLAY button. Same effect.

• I have been trying to recreate some of the presets from the Micrologue in Cubasis in Drambo. I successfully recreated most of the preset Supersaw Impact but there's a Modulation in the filter that I can't quite figure out. There's an Envelope knob that seems to Mod the note based on how long you hold it (instead of constantly like an LFO) I tried Modding the Cutoff with the Pitch but that didnt seem to do it.

Any ideas on how to create this Mod effect in Drambo?

• @Antemode said:
    I have been trying to recreate some of the presets from the Micrologue in Cubasis in Drambo. I successfully recreated most of the preset Supersaw Impact but there's a Modulation in the filter that I can't quite figure out. There's an Envelope knob that seems to Mod the note based on how long you hold it (instead of constantly like an LFO) I tried Modding the Cutoff with the Pitch but that didnt seem to do it.

Any ideas on how to create this Mod effect in Drambo?

You’d have to use an adsr envelope as modulation source. As to the negative values, I don’t think you can combine them in one envelope, so that would require some patchwork, which is not my forte 😅

• @Antemode Do you mean this knob?

• @Antemode
    Add a MODULATOR/Env ADSR left to your filter, tap Cutoff knob on filter (it'll start flashing) tap that wave thingy at the bottom of the env. A knob will appear next your Cutoff, that's your knob, with both - and + values.

• edited April 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @Antemode
    Add a MODULATOR/Env ADSR left to your filter, tap Cutoff knob on filter (it'll start flashing) tap that wave thingy at the bottom of the env. A knob will appear next your Cutoff, that's your knob, with both - and + values.

Very true, but Its either + or -
    Edit: I see this one is indeed the same. I mistook the middle line for 0. Wouldn’t it be nice though if you could go positive and negative in the same envelope 😋

• @denx said:

@Antemode

Yes.
    Why would you want the two at once? They would cancel each other out... :)

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@denx said:

@Antemode

Yes.
    Why would you want the two at once? They would cancel each other out... :)

Not necessarily, that would be a bipolar envelope (does that exist?). Makes perfect sense to me as a modulation source.

• edited April 2020

The fuzzy bass from 7th Chamber pt 2 by Wu-Tang

• Serge Analog Shift register- can it be done?

• O.k. here is another challenge for Drambo as FX.
    I saw in other forums and also here in older threads the Alchemy FX conversation.
    Alchemy is also one of my favorite synth ever, indeed in my Top 3 from all.
    And i also agree with some other that especially the modFX part is a really special one. Normally it can be a chorus, flanger or phaser or everything between but if you start to modulate its parameters it has some magic i cannot get in any other FX on iOS, mac, windows or anywhere i looked for.
    I also saw some suggestions, tips and even some tried to recreate the effect but nothing seems to get such a musical result. I even do not know what it really does but it just sounds fantastic.
    It looks simple but it is very effective to create wonderful harmonics and artifacts.

• A drum transient. I guess I have a rough idea of constructing the module but any help from experts is welcome.

I have to isolate only the peaks transients with a gate and then add them some shaper and compression maybe. Finally mix the two signals. But I really don't know if this is the best way or if even works remotely as a transient fx.

Any help? 🙂

• @Vlad11
    You can use Transient detector or Envelope Follower (MISC/UTILITY) to generate a CV that can be used to emphasise parts...

• @Vlad11 said:
    A drum transient. I guess I have a rough idea of constructing the module but any help from experts is welcome.

I have to isolate only the peaks transients with a gate and then add them some shaper and compression maybe. Finally mix the two signals. But I really don't know if this is the best way or if even works remotely as a transient fx.

Any help? 🙂

I put something on patchstorage and called it a transient shaper. Not sure it is, but feel free to try it out 😊

https://patchstorage.com/transient-shaper/

• @denx said:

@Vlad11 said:
    A drum transient. I guess I have a rough idea of constructing the module but any help from experts is welcome.

Any help? 🙂

I put something on patchstorage and called it a transient shaper. Not sure it is, but feel free to try it out 😊

Wow! Thank you. I didnt know exactly what I was doing wrong. Downloading now. 👍

• @Vlad11 said:

@denx said:

@Vlad11 said:

Any help? 🙂

Wow! Thank you. I didnt know exactly what I was doing wrong. Downloading now. 👍

It’s actually more a gate that opens triggered by transients, but I quite like the effect. Hope you enjoy it!

• I looked to recreate the patch below in Drambo, but it seems impossible due to no feedback routing in Drambo.

Of course, "use a sample" is the easy option, but synthesized claps can sound unique and good; e.g. 808, I also quite like the clap on the Tanzmaus. Anyone tried synthesizing claps in Drambo? Any tips for a clap signal path that can be done in Drambo? Thanks!

• If the Midi Retrig could be set to time instead of beat, this would help. Control over the Step Retrig would also be useful.

• @ElectroHead The Nord Modular!! 🥰
    I'll have a look because a clap is missing in my collection.

• @rs2000 said:
    @ElectroHead The Nord Modular!! 🥰
    I'll have a look because a clap is missing in my collection.

Ace. I'll post what I've patched up on Patch Storage a bit later today within a drum kit I'm working.on.