Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request sound recreated in Drambo

Comments

• edited April 2020

@Vlad11
    If I understand you correctly...
    you can route signal to multiple destinations (that's your split), and use MIXER/X-FADER to create a dry/wet knob...

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @Vlad11
    If I understand you correctly...
    you can route signal to multiple destinations (that's your split), and use MIXER/X-FADER to create a dry/wet knob...

Yes. So in drambo I have 2 channel tracks. And then after then I placed a mixer so i can have the amount i want on the fx track.

Of course what i want is to alter differents frequencies with different levels of shapers. If I could that with layers it would be easier to have it as an instrument rack.

• @Vlad11 said:

@rs2000 said:
    @Clueless & @bcrichards That's the point!
    No matter what modular system, existing patches can be a great help to build new ones in Drambo.

@Vlad11 Try for yourself!
    A few hints:

• Artificial overtones are often generated by some kind of waveshaping.
    • Try using the Shaper with "Sat 1", high-pass filter (12dB) its output and mix it with the original signal. Carefully tune the HP cutoff until it sounds good.
    • Make sure your levels fed into the shaper stay halfway consistent so the exciter effect will not depend too much on input level

Good luck!

Yeah it worked more or less in a clunky way so to speak :D

I made two tracks to separate the original with the altered one. It worked fine but I need to think on an instrument rack that can do the same in a cleaner way. So far so good the "layer" blocks seems to affect both signal (clean and effected) at the same time or I guess I don't know how to separate them at the moment. Working on that. See what I come with.

You don't even need a layer block because inside one track, you can mix the direct and the effect signal. Add a mixer module, add a knob inside it and tap on the original signal port, then add another knob and tap on the signal port of your effect signal. All on the same track.
    You can choose any port for input in the mixer as long as the port comes before the module.
    Then you have direct signal and effect signal level knobs in the mixer.

• I’d like to request the pongy, sinewavy xylophone sound that first appears at 0:25 here:

Thanks!

• I would love the Korg EMX1 FX section recreated with Drambo 😊
    And the OTO BOUM effect 💥

• edited April 2020

@bcrichards said:
    @Clueless nah you’re good, could you share your process though? Or if you can share those patches for Zeeon/whatever they were made in, maybe someone can reverse engineer. Great work!

I could post a screenshot from the patch or patches since 90% of all my modular patches i like are made with P900. I learned this thing now really and know what i have to do (mostly). It looks almost like Moog Model 15 app.
    The bad side it has just one cable color and if you go wild its hard to see where connections go. Describing it would be maybe even harder.
    The saxophone patch f.e. is not too complex and its also nice how fast you can achieve very different sounds with just slightly different settings. I almost never start from zero but use now templates and go from there.
    F.e the saxophone patch looks like this (some connections here like the pulse width control have no effect of course in this patch):

• I’m interested in any patches which use generative, random or unpredictable approaches to generate very slow evolving soundscapes.

• edited April 2020

@Vlad11
    I'm sure you figured it out yourself... anyway you can throw this at the end of a track as an fx...

You can adjust the filters/shapers to create a wet mix and blend in the dry signal...
    It should be available as a processor rack preset

• https://patchstorage.com/dramboum-processor/ @Hkor can you work off of this and let me know what you add on?

• Thanks @Clueless...ill see if I get anywhere.

• @rottencat

Play with osc1 and a/b for additional (p-lockable) timbres
    Should be available as instrument rack preset

• @Svetlovska said:
    I’m interested in any patches which use generative, random or unpredictable approaches to generate very slow evolving soundscapes.

randomly evolving (but playable from keyboard), or completely self generated with f.e editable scales?

• edited April 2020

@0tolerance4silence : either is good, but I always like being able to constrain a thing to a (regular, not microtonal) scale - usually D Minor Aeolian for some reason :) - so I can slot it easily alongside other apps which also have scale options, e.g. running an Autony sequence alongside something matching in Cykle. Yes, this is because I am a music noob who doesn’t know scales or keys or any of that stuff, and at least if I pick the same labels in each app in a monkey with a typewriter sort of fashion, they usually sound more or less in tune!

The other option (and I know there are a couple of things along these lines already posted to Patchstorage) are granular, soundscape/sound effects orientated drone or noise makers, where specific pitches are by the by.

• Would it be possible to make a patch of a classic M1 sound, Starts at 00:30

• @bcrichards said:
    https://patchstorage.com/dramboum-processor/ @Hkor can you work off of this and let me know what you add on?

Thx. I will try your patch 👌
    About the Fx part of the Korg EMX-1 you can find the diagram and the manual for the details here 😋
    https://forum.beepstreet.com/discussion/294/reverse-engineering-korg-electribe-mx-emx-1-fx-part#latest

• Thanks @0tolerance4silence. This is perfect.

• I'm looking to build an insanely simple drum synth voice though so far I'm missing pieces of the puzzle when trying to construct it.

The goal is: An oscillator with filter, pitch envelope, adsr (for the drum 'body') and a mixable noise source with its own independent filter and adsr as well.

I can put together the first part (the simple oscillator) and the white noise voice too but don't know how to combine them properly into a single module. Thanks in advance for any wisdom on this.

• edited April 2020

@Proppa
    Here is a space efficient way...
    Say you have your 'body' part done in front of you... Tap and hold the header of the first module of that chain, don't release when it turns green, instead drag your finger to select all 'body' modules...
    Cut, than add module MIXER/Layers Mixer. Inside that module tap + to add module than paste (bottom left of the list). Now you have it as first layer, you can rename the layer tapping the button 1.
    Add another layer and repeat the previous process again...
    Now you have 2 layers that you can mix.
    This method will save some space/scrolling, but if you prefer the whole thing visible all the time use mixer module to sum the parts.

If needed I can make some screenshots. Let me know.

• @0tolerance4silence your description is Much appreciated and I have to admit (being a true Drambo n00b) that screenshot(s) would be KING. Thanks both in retrospect and in advance (if you have the time).

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @Vlad11
    I'm sure you figured it out yourself... anyway you can throw this at the end of a track as an fx...

You can adjust the filters/shapers to create a wet mix and blend in the dry signal...
    It should be available as a processor rack preset

Thanks. That looks better that what I came with before reading your post. This is what I did yesterday...

And because I like everything clean and lots of controls out of my way I decided to make it very compact...

I realized that you did put the filter before the shaper with is it the best way. It remains me that I have to think twice next time I try my own fx processors. :D

• edited April 2020

So, let's say you've got something similar as 'body'

Tap and hold the header of module 'ENV AD' until it's highlighted (turns green)
    Don't release it, instead drag across headers to select all those modules...

'Cut' will save selected modules to a copy board and remove them from your track.
    Alternatively you can 'Copy' them, this won't remove them...

Now tap + to insert module and find Layers mixer...

Tap + inside Layers mixer and paste modules from copy board...

Tap button 1 in Layers mixer and rename it, then tap + underneath that button to add another layer and rename that as well... if you have your noise part ready copy/paste it in your 2nd layer following previous steps...

At this point you're good to go. You can set volume for each part at the end of Layers mixer.

For nicer layout and to be able to save it as an instrument copy Layers mixer and paste it inside an instrument rack...

Tap header of your new instrument to rename it and save as a preset for future use.

• Fully amazing: Thank You for the effort!

• @Antemode said:
    Would it be possible to make a patch of a classic M1 sound, Starts at 00:30

What's the oscillator config in that "Busy Boy" preset?
    OSC Sync involved?

• @rs2000 Here is what I pulled out of the iM1 app:

It's using OSC double mode (2 of the same sound) with the Digital1sound which I recorded here in 3 Octs (might be loud!)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XzrBtk_gLIFpUS-fh5V92hm1NolsR99f/view?usp=sharing

Does that help?

• McDMcD
    edited April 2020

Has anyone made a set of Vibes yet? I want to seduce the @Linearlineman to the party that is Drambo. I have nothing better to do.

"Welcome back my friends to the App that ever ends." 50 more modules are planned.
    Will we get:

50 more Drambo Modules
    or NS2 Audio
    or Loopy Masterpiece

first? Place your bets, gentleman. Step right up.

• @0tolerance4silence I've finally been able to follow your (excellent) instructions and construct this after some conceptual fumbling around and am just Super pleased with the result. HUGE thanks again for the detailed play-by-play.

I have but one more piece of the puzzle here and that is how do I add a pitch envelope to a voice? As in if I want to bend the pitch up or down and control the speed of the bend. This is my 'body' drum voice component I'd like to insert that into:

• @Antemode said:
    @rs2000 Here is what I pulled out of the iM1 app:
    It's using OSC double mode (2 of the same sound) with the Digital1sound which I recorded here in 3 Octs (might be loud!)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XzrBtk_gLIFpUS-fh5V92hm1NolsR99f/view?usp=sharing

Does that help?

Yes that helps! Perfect!
    Since this is a non-standard but rather simple waveform, cutting one cycle and loading it in the sampler is the easiest way.
    You could also use the graphic shaper to draw the waveform but I've just found an issue that prevents you from creating a clean waveform so for now, please use multiple samplers as oscillators.

• @Proppa
    If you'd like to use the same env you're using for filter - grab the header of ENV ADSR, pull it down halfway and drag it to the left , so it's in front of OSC1. No feedback loop allowed in Drambo, so signal source always have to be in front of destinations. Tap OSC1 tune knob, it'll start flashing, tap the wave connector at the bottom right of ENV ADSR to add connection, set mod amount with a knob that appears next to your tune knob.
    If you'd like to add additional env - grab OSC1 and drag it slightly to the right until + sign appears next to it, add a new env, tap OSC1 tune knob, it'll start flashing, tap the wave connector at the bottom right of newly added env.

• @0tolerance4silence big big Big thanks.