Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you load a sample from a file into Dhalang?

edited April 2020 in Support and Feedback

@Hypertonal , how do you load a sample into Dhalang? I'm running the lite version. I click everywhere in the sampler, but nothing leads to loading, and there are no specific instructions in the documentation.

Comments

• some actions in dhalang require doubletap

• Also, all actions require a PHD, at a minimum.

• I have a Ph.D., and I'm a double-tappin fool, but still no dice.

• According to the appstore description, loading and saving files is disabled in 'lite' ;)

• I think you need the full version to load files.
    Lite version limitations prevent file saving/loading and disabled I/O.

Doesn’t say samples explicitly, but it says you can’t load files.

• @blipson I looked at the lite version and didn’t see the sample import options available. In the full version, there are several options buttons to the right of the sample data window.

• OK, thanks. I saw the "no loading files" notice, but it also says audio sampling is enabled in lite, so I guess I was just kind of assuming about loading samples. I'll have to wait until I purchase the full version to verify sample loading.

• edited April 2020

I got the paid version, and I can only add samples to Dhalang's system one at a time, either via Dropbox (where I'm limited to the non-paying 2GB) or via share with JammPro. These are both rather a pain. iOS's Files app doesn't work because Dhalang is the one app whose files Files doesn't find. And when I connect my iPad directly to my MacBook to transfer files using Finder, I do see a folder for Dhalang, and copying to the folder doesn't give any errors (as with other apps), but anything I transfer that way just never shows up in Dhalang, at least anywhere that I can access. Am I missing something, or is Dhalang far behind the iOS curve in terms of the way it handles files? What's the best way to get samples into Dhalang?

• maybe hit record?

• @rototom said:
    maybe hit record?

I thought it was clear from everything posted in this thread that I mean to ask how to load an already existing sample from a file, but I've now put the word "file" in the thread's title to clarify that. Thanks for correcting me.

• Good luck and I wish you have super fun creatively. It is super overwhelming for me but I do like the darn thing!

• I'm in the middle of reviewing my second order Markov chains as we speak...