Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Evolver from 4pockets

Something new from 4pockets 😊

Comments

• Interesting!

• Daddy like

• edited April 2020

Looks very interesting. Still baffled after watching the video what exactly is going on. I assume it's a multi sample keyboard player come sequencer that morphs at different layers so a step up from Virsyn Sampler?

• Is it out yet? Not seeing it in US store..

• @god said:
    Is it out yet? Not seeing it in US store..

@god Paul usually puts videos out a week or so before release.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@god said:
    Is it out yet? Not seeing it in US store..

@god Paul usually puts videos out a week or so before release.

alright. thank you!

• Very interesting. I understand that it uses its own sample base but can you play external synths? I assume (hope) that there is midi out on four different channels.

• {cough} Wavestate {cough}....

• @PhilW said:
    {cough} Wavestate {cough}....

Oooh that would be great...

• @PhilW said:
    {cough} Wavestate {cough}....

{sneeze} Indeed! {blow}...

• 😲 Oh my... someone’s been busy! (it’s nice to be blindsided by something cool and interesting... )

• Too much witchcraft. I'm out. 🤯

• tjatja
    edited April 2020

That things creates whole tracks from playing some chords and notes, it is a composition engine, sort of.

I hope, it has proper MIDI-Out and MIDI-File export.

This is somewhat similar to Odesi, but allows to create things yourself, not only to select the voicing etc.

Very interesting, can't wait for it :)

• Indeed+ 😉🐉🚀

• /Puts on mask, goes off to accomplish more robbery for money.

• Drambo can also do this of course, right?

• @ahallam said:
    Drambo can also do this of course, right?

Really? How is that?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@ahallam said:

Really? How is that?

I only assume, Drambo does all kinds of things that I haven’t managed to figure out yet.

In all seriousness though, Evolver sounds really good in this vid.

• @ahallam said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ahallam said:

Really? How is that?

I only assume, Drambo does all kinds of things that I haven’t managed to figure out yet.

Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic. 😆
    Drambo might do this, but I honestly am not sure what “this” refers to in this instance.
    The video was very cool and interesting, but I have no idea what is going on inside the app being demonstrated.

• @CracklePot said:

@ahallam said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ahallam said:

Really? How is that?

Drambo might do this, but I honestly am not sure what “this” refers to in this instance.
    The video was very cool and interesting, but I have no idea what is going on inside the app being demonstrated.

It will require further videos.

• @CracklePot said:

@ahallam said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ahallam said:

Really? How is that?

From the video it looks very much like the wave sequencing lanes in the new Korg Wavestate.
    Nothing "complicated" about it, he might have said that in the video to distract the views from him copying parts of the architecture.
    Basically something remotely similar to the iWavestation but with a different sample set and user sample import.

Sure it could be done in Drambo but who is going to build all the presets?
    People don't have time nowadays 😉

• @rs2000 said:

@CracklePot said:

@ahallam said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ahallam said:

Really? How is that?

From the video it looks very much like the wave sequencing lanes in the new Korg Wavestate.
    Nothing "complicated" about it, he might have said that in the video to distract the views from him copying parts of the architecture.
    Basically something remotely similar to the iWavestation but with a different sample set and user sample import.

Sure it could be done in Drambo but who is going to build all the presets?
    People don't have time nowadays 😉

@rs2000 Agree with your Korg Wavestate example and this Nick actually explains probably the workings of this app quite well when explaining the Wavestate. Amazing how 4Pockets has done his own take on it.

• So eighties it hurts! :)

If this thing gets a randomizer like iWavestation then we’ll be cooking.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    /Puts on mask, goes off to accomplish more robbery for money.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    /Puts on mask, goes off to accomplish more robbery for money.

LOL! I just spit out my Bevy reading this...You are so funny! Cheers ED

• Demo song 'Dawn of the New Age' at 9:35 sounds like a D50 or Wavestation patch, or an Enya song. Actually most of 'em do. Pretty cool. I wonder if there's an option for heavy smoothing/interpolation between samples.

So it only loads multi-samples through Chameleon? Or can you map your own? There was some text at the bottom. I guess we'll see.

• I think this represents what we'll see most dev's targeting for quite sometime: The programmable app.
    It looks and sounds very clever and powerful. Just jamming with the presets will help justify the likely cost. I'm expecting a $15 announced price which will test my resolve while I wait for the demo orgy to push me to take my money pouch out. I just got busted for April's total cost to Apple. Ouch. Being locked up didn't help.

• This one made it onto the very short list of apps I will buy before becoming employed again. It’s the only thing on it :)

• Until now I’ve mostly used iRealPro for band-in-a-box style auto-accompaniment. This potentially offers way more customizability... but, I’m mainly into jazz... can evolver swing? Not seeing an option for that in screenshots.

I could imagine using evolver in combination with soft drummer and/or ibassist, but I would want swing feel to be consistent between all three.

• @jdiercks said:
    Until now I’ve mostly used iRealPro for band-in-a-box style auto-accompaniment. This potentially offers way more customizability... but, I’m mainly into jazz... can evolver swing? Not seeing an option for that in screenshots.

I could imagine using evolver in combination with soft drummer and/or ibassist, but I would want swing feel to be consistent between all three.

Given that his drum machine is the only one to offer 8th AND 16th note swing...