Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 7.1 Update available now

Hey, just saw they finally released 7.1 today. Anyone tried it yet? I hope they got rid of all the instability and overall bugginess on iPad mini 2. But I think this time I'll wait a little and see what people say before I update mine.
So who's first?

Comments

• Apples servers are going to be red hot today! :-)

• yes! Yes! everyone go download it!

... and report back.

...then I'll consider if I want the update. :-b

in related news, iOS 7 on my iPad 2 seems to have iffy and laggy touch input across all usage whether it is typing, playing keys, etc. Its not all the time, and I only really notice when trying to do a perfectly timed lead in a synth... but its definitely something I never had a problem with on iOS 6.

• I am downloading and updating on an original mini 16G. We'll see if anything breaks...

• edited March 2014

Update went smooth on iPad Air. Not noticing any differences yet, except everything feels a little bit zippier.

• I actually went ahead and updated on the iPhone 5. It's still installing now. I hope it'll be good.

• Swiping left/right in safari as a substitute to the back/forward arrows finally works as expected now. As for audio, will be a while before I can test that.

• Cool! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for everyone! :-)

• edited March 2014

I´m a bit scared to update my Air. With the last .06 update a huge amount of users, including me, got a dead iPad Air. And obviously had to do a complete restore on this piece of Lemon hardware.

So I´ll probably hold of until a few more guinea pigs with Air can report back. Include which part of the world you´re from if possible, since that might be a potential issue for botched updates, and also if you did an OTA (Over The Air) update on your wifi or via itunes having it connected to your computer.

• It's not available on iTunes in uk yet.

• Updated both iPhone 5s and iPad Air OTA WIthout problems.

• Wow, my iPad air just got faster!

• edited March 2014

I went ahead and updated (OTA, Sweden). And while the faster animations are nice, it's not your iPad Air actually being faster (@Kloon lol).

First thing I tried was to see if they had fixed at least some of the massive graphics issues the Air is plagued by. Very basic, open AppStore and a random screenshot flip you Air to landscape or portrait, and it's STILL a slideshow (while on say iPad 2 it's buttery smooth). The blending/transparency effect going on system wide still makes the UI as sluggish as ever. Korg managed to speed their menus inside Gadget to get an acceptable framerate while scrolling (still "sluggish" tho) with some coding voodoo. So meh, it's apparent that Apple can't fix this turd of an iPad. :/

Edit: And it still can't do the most basic things. Like browse the net without crashing if there's a bunch of SoundCloud widgets, or other media heavy content rich pages. A sub $60 crappy random android tablet does a better job.

• @ChrisG, couldn't you sell your "lemon" and regress back to one of those iPad's you seem to think is better and make a few extra bucks in the whole exchange?

• Just updated iphone5, no problems so far :-)
    Will check music apps shortly

• What about the unofficial cck/hubs that you can get on eBay, can someone confirm that they still work on 7.1?

• Hehe, that's sounds like a 'lush idea'. I'm keeping my lemon lol

• @ChrisG, I would be glad to take one for the team and do an even swap: your iPad Air for my iPad 2 ;-)

• @Rafael_laurenti said:

What about the unofficial cck/hubs that you can get on eBay, can someone confirm that they still work on 7.1?

You got this question out of my mouth. Really interested to hear the verdict.

• It seems the latest song I was working on somehow got deleted from Gadget.

Not sure if I forgot to save it when loading another old song, but I would have suspected Gadget to warn me it that was the case??

Now I just did a quick test: GADGET DOES NOT WARN YOU IF YOU ARE OPENING AN OLD SONG OVER AN UNSAVED ONE!!!

I first thought it was the 7.1 update, but it was not, damn it.

How could Korg have missed this??

• @Peter321 this happened to me to a few days ago so I doubt it is the update. I think it occurs when you force close the app with the project open. This is clearly just a guess.

• @supadom said:

@Rafael_laurenti said:

What about the unofficial cck/hubs that you can get on eBay, can someone confirm that they still work on 7.1?

You got this question out of my mouth. Really interested to hear the verdict.

Yeah, one of mine died on 7.0.4 and I had to get a new one, I don't want to have to do that again, or buy the apple one that here in Brazil costs 129 reais (about 50 us dollars)

• @Rafael_laurenti I had 2 types in my career. Type one kept blowing so after a bit I bought a slightly different one which is less wobbly when connected and doesn't seem to blow.

• My iPad Air updated with no obvious problems.

• edited March 2014

Overall audio is optimized. Was never able to do this on my ipad 2 without glitches.

• Does the CCK work with iPhone and iPod Touch on 7.1?

CCK compatibility was advertised on apple.com a few months ago and people reported it working in iOS 7 on phones. Hopefully it wasn't removed.

• Picture says a thousand words, @mgmg4871. Starting my updates now. Don't forget to backup first :-)

• @Hmtx - I have used CCK on a phone. Worked OK. But I haven't updated to 7.1 on the phone yet and retested.

• The downside to the upgrade is again more memory lost to iOS - I lost about 150MB. Did an A/B test - sync'ed twice before upgrading. Sync'ed again after. 150MB less :-(

• @supadom said:

@Peter321 this happened to me to a few days ago so I doubt it is the update. I think it occurs when you force close the app with the project open. This is clearly just a guess.

Actually it happens even every time you open a song over an unsaved one.

Just test it:

1. Create new song and record a few notes

2. Open a previously saved song

No warning about losing the newly created song!

I can't believe this has not been caught during testing. Should at least have been fixed in the latest update. I lost several hours of work :-(

So, people: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR SONG ;-)

• edited March 2014

True about the at least 150MB less space, same here, not good.