Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kaivo anyone??

Anyone using Kaivo? I find it's pretty awesome with Soundprism, gestrument, etc. lots of potential here. CPU usage is a pretty serious issue but it seems worth it at the moment for the incredible amount of sounds to be created.

Comments

• Spelling/link?

• I googled it so you don't have to
    http://madronalabs.com

• :) It's the new desktop physical modeling synth from http://madronalabs.com... it is pretty amazing the soundscapes you can make. See I was hoping folks here were using it to create backgrounds and then using that as their input on AB. Kaivo has some serious potential.

• At 88,2kHz project sample rate 95% of the presets are cracking out my Macbook Pro 2,6GHZ. Even with 2048 sample buffer.

If i start a simple preset of my own without all the modules it produces some nice sounds.
    Reminds me a bit of chromaphone and also very deep modulation possibilities.

The windows scaling is a nice and useful touch.

• edited March 2014

lower the voices to 1 2 or 3 and it will not crackle

I really don't care for the presets... I started making connections and created the most amazing natural sounding landscape ever. Reminded me of summer evening. Unfortunately it was in demo mode so I made a video to see if I can recreate patch later

• And how does this fit in on the audiobus forum?, it's not an iOS app!

• edited March 2014

Maybe if we bug em enough, they'll port it to iOS. :) If/when the hardware can handle it that is.

• @Greg said:

And how does this fit in on the audiobus forum?, it's not an iOS app!

Quoting the OP

" I find it's pretty awesome with Soundprism, gestrument, etc".....that's how.

This thing sounds great, but what a CPU hit. By comparison, Chromophone runs quite well at low latency on crummy my old laptop.

• I highly suggest to take your thinking past iOS apps. Mix AB with your desktop. With kaivo you can create pretty amaZing sounds. Master them and put into amplifind or numerous other iOS input apps for AB. That's the cool thing about AB is with a little clever out of the box thinking.... You are not just stuck to the few popular apps everyone else is using. Just think about all the WAV files to be made to put into alchemy or z3ta or whatever.

Anyway if anyone figured other ways to lower CPU in Kaivo let me know. In the meantime I will create some soundscapes for those stuck on presets and predefined apps. :)

• Ok sorry, Im not trying to be a moderator or something. But there are a lot of discussions on this forum allready about apps that are not even AB compatible. And now shifting to desktop software discussions.... for me looks like kinda way offtopic.

But hey, if the AB folks don't mind...Im gonna shut up!

• Got kaivo, cpu hog but great for creating crazy sounds. A bit of a learning curve if you didn't use something like aalto before.