Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A Fresh Start: First EDM Track

Thinking of classifying it as Lo-Fi House. Made in Cubasis 3 and mixed in AUM with various ToneBoosters stuff and 4Pockets SidechainFX.

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited April 2020

Cool. That can't be your first track. It sounds like you've ben making these for a while.

It's interesting that you use Cubasis. Do you intend to create a variety of genres or drill down into one or the other? You detail the FX used. What tools are you using for instruments or adding loops... not really sure how your using Cubasis so I ask. Cubasis 2 or 3?

• Cool track, @DukeWonder... It's your first EDM, but what genre are you used to?

Really polished track, mate :sunglasses:

• Good track. Did you use AUM for mixing because Cubasis 3 has no side chain?

• edited April 2020

@McD said:
    Cool. That can't be your first track. It sounds like you've ben making these for a while.

It's interesting that you use Cubasis. Do you intend to create a variety of genres or drill down into one or the other? You detail the FX used. What tools are you using for instruments or adding loops... not really sure how your using Cubasis so I ask. Cubasis 2 or 3?

Thank you. I should clarify that it’s the first EDM track I’ve finished. I’ve started a few but this one really caught my ear. I have finished three other songs/beats recently. I’m comfortable with Cubasis as Steinberg Sequel was the first DAW I used back in college for a free 30 day trial. Didn’t create anything substantial but it piqued my interest.

EDM and Hip-Hop are my primary focuses. I’m probably going to focus on beatmaking more though as it’s something I could start making money with and is somewhat easier for me.

All of the instruments are native to Cubasis 3. The drums are their 909 from the classic machines IAP. The lead piano is from MicroSonic. The sweeps were samples I created from Italizer’s noise preset. The pads and bass are Micrologue tracks. They all started as presets and then I tweaked them to get where I wanted to be.

The piano is split into two tracks, each panned a fair amount to the right or left. I wanted to test out and see how this fills out the sound. I also used automation on the filter and envelope on the one pad to get the rising and falling effect. The overall composition was done track-by-track, starting off with the more upbeat part, then built out from that. No loops, just sequenced straight through. I then exported to AUM.
    In AUM, I bussed the two piano tracks to a channel and the pads to another one. The drums and bass were made mono using AUM’s Stereo to Mono effect. Each track had TB Equaliser with the 70s/80s AI, HQ, and No Latency. The sweeps had TB VCF. The pianos, drums, and bass had TB Enhancer. The pads had TB ReelBus. I then used 4Pockets SidechainFX on the bass with the drums as the source.

On the master channel, I had two instances of TB Equaliser and one TB Barricade. The first EQ was on the compression preset. The second was my band pass to cut the extreme highs and lows. Then Barricade was my final compression and limiter.

@senhorlampada said:
    Cool track, @DukeWonder... It's your first EDM, but what genre are you used to?

Really polished track, mate :sunglasses:

Thank you. I’ve made three beats so far. They seem to come to me easier, though I’ve listened to EDM longer. Below is my favorite beat that I’ve made.

@Slava said:
    Good track. Did you use AUM for mixing because Cubasis 3 has no side chain?

I did export the stems into AudioShare and then pulled them into AUM. You can use 4Pockets SidechainFX in Cubasis actually which is pretty cool. But trying to mix in CB3 would melt my phone.

• Also should mention that this was done entirely on my iPhone 11. Still haven’t finished a song on my iPad, though I have a couple in flight.