Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New acoustic guitar track recorded with Auria & Drumjam

Other apps used:

• Audio Mastering: Mastering
  • JamUp Pro: Bass amp
  • Beatmaker2: drum sequencing
  • Thumjam: Violins & cellos
  • Thor: Pad synth

Comments

• Clear, lush mix. And it all sits together great, especially considering the number of apps (and external audio) used here. Just awesome! I likey :)

• Thanks, great compliments coming from some of my favorite iOS musos :) really enjoying making music with the ipad at the moment. The serious music apps are feeling really solid

• Really nice and clear mixdown, great acoustic tones too. Could use a touch more on the low end, but that could be Soundcloud streaming too. Thanks for sharing, always interested in hearing how other acoustic players are using iOS apps.

• Thanks @Tarekith (love the production on your tacks btw). I'm keen to get better so any criticism is very well received. Wrt the low end, is it throughout the track, or just in places? When you say low end, you talking sub 100, 100-200, 300?

• I'd say sub 120, across the whole track not specific parts. And its only a dB or so, not a lot.

• Cool, thanks for the advice :)

• Very impressive! Great production, great song, and the vocals... wow.

• This is very impressive! Great song and engineering. The acoustics and vocals wow!
    I listened with headphones not looking at monitor and if it were mine[which it's not] I would maybe fatten up the snare toward the end slightly. That's just my individual taste though.
    I liked what you did very much!!

• edited March 2014

Thanks @Don :) Will keep your advice front of mind when I give the track a review in couple of days. After spending a day mixing, I eventually lose all objectivity on a track and need to step away for a while. I know the exact moment this happens because the track suddenly goes from sounding great to sounding like crap.. and I haven't changed a thing.

• Lovely. When the full drums come in, the song really snaps together. Well done.

• Sounds great. Agree with the slight low end boost. Also would see if you could reduce the attack on the toms and bring out the body of them a bit—they sound a little thin to me.

I wonder if you could boost the snare a bit if you cheated physics and put the ride in the left speaker, opposite the plucked guitar with more high frequency content which is in the right.

This is splitting hairs/polishing a diamond kinda shit. Really great job.

• @syrupcore wrt the toms, you nailed it! That part has been bothering me and your suggestion is exactly what it needs.

Still not convinced the track needs a stronger snare but will try a fatter snare sound this weekend