Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix doesn't filter MIDI notes, only channels for external controller

My connection is MIDI controller on channel 8 => Korg plugKEY => new iPad mini. In apeMatrix, I connect the MIDI input to an instance of Ruismaker Noir and use the MIDI filter. I verify that enabling/disabling channel 8 in the filter turns on and off the controller's access to Noir, but the notes part of the MIDI filter has no effect: everything gets through as long as the proper channel is selected.

Meanwhile, note filtering works properly when I use the built-in keyboard as input. Also, MIDI filtering works properly with the same configuration in AUM. Is there a known issue with apeMatrix's MIDI filtering?

Comments

• Just tested.

In my case, note filtering only works on Midi channel 1. On Midi channels 2-8, all notes get thru.

Plus I cannot get Midi channels 9-16 to work at all - no notes get thru.

• edited April 2020

Wow, I wonder how a bug like this hasn't been noticed before. But I'm a new user to apeMatrix, so maybe it has?

My controller is rather difficult to re-program, so I hope I can test the channel 1 functionality within the next day. But note filtering only on channel 1 would be kind of a pain because it's a drum controller, and I want to have a different kit piece on different notes of the same channel.

OK, I just verified that I get correct note filtering on channel 1.

• I sent the dev an email. With this thread link. And instructions to recreate the issues.

It appears to only occur with MIDI received from external MIDI devices. I tested Rozeta Bassline hosted in apeMatrix and it works as expected.

• Great, thanks.

• Hello everybody, I can confirm.
    I’ve fixed these bugs right now and just submitted for review.
    I guess in few days will available.
    Thank you. Ciao.

• Thanks for being super-quick.

• Alessandro is the MAN!

@scarbo Hope you and yours are OK and safe on these crazy times
    Thinking of you - stai a casa e andrà tutto bene!

• In Romanian, you just called my mother-in-law a big fat cow.

• Awesome 👏 same day reported, there’s already a fix in beta! :)