Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Airwindows now ported to VCV Rack [Desktop]

The amazing Airwindows plugins have been ported to VCV Rack. (Maybe @mifki can bring them to MiRack too?)

Rackwindows
https://github.com/n0jo/rackwindows

Comments

• Good stuff, hopefully they port more too.

• Great news, I like Airwindows stuff

• Oh that's cool, and the license is good :)

• Airwindows are amazing plugins !

• I reached out to Chris several years ago. I thought his streamlined GUI would lend itself to AUv3. He did not seem to be very keen on the idea as it is not as simple to port from AU to AUv3. Perhaps it is the app store model and closed nature of iOS that is not appealing for some? Perhaps this VCV app creates another way forward for developers?

• The streamlined GUI is actually no GUI at all - it’s the default Apple way of showing a plugins parameters. iOS AUv3s may not have the same thing at all - I’m not sure.

• @mifki it looks like these are almost ready for public release for VCV, do you think you'll be able to add them to miRack?

• edited June 2020

The Airwindows Hombre plugin could be a super useful tool for guitarists.. Atmosphere and texture.. will be nice to have in VCV and miRack..
    A brief description from Chris..

Hombre is my humble offering for a simple plugin that brings a little mojo to what would otherwise be a dry voice or guitar… and it won’t muddy things up, just grease ’em a little.

http://www.airwindows.com/hombre-vst/

• I would still love to see these ported to mirack if that’s possible. I sometimes wonder why I spend money on desktop when Chris makes such ingenious plug-ins

• wimwim
    edited March 2023

@Fingolfinzz said:
    I would still love to see these ported to mirack if that’s possible. I sometimes wonder why I spend money on desktop when Chris makes such ingenious plug-ins

There are two things that can prevent modules being made available in miRack.

1. License: Many are now GPL based. The App Store doesn't allow GPL license based software without a specific exemption from the developer. In this case the license is MIT, so that probably isn't a deciding factor.
    2. VCV 2: Most plugins now only support VCV v2. Theoretically it could be possible to port to v1 compatibility given the source code, but it could be a large amount of work and maybe not have all features.

That makes it not impossible, but really unlikely in this case.

• edited February 25

@wim said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    I would still love to see these ported to mirack if that’s possible. I sometimes wonder why I spend money on desktop when Chris makes such ingenious plug-ins

There are two things that can prevent modules being made available in miRack.

1. License: Many are now GPL based. The App Store doesn't allow GPL license based software without a specific exemption from the developer. In this case the license is MIT, so that probably isn't a deciding factor.
    2. VCV 2: Most plugins now only support VCV v2. Theoretically it could be possible to port to v1 compatibility given the source code, but it could be a large amount of work and maybe not have all features.

That makes it not impossible, but really unlikely in this case.

+1!
    @mifki