Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[OT] Looking for long form interviews with producers, artists etc.

I dig podcasts like the Producer Grind or Art Cafe and was wondering if any of you know of other similar ones that focus on different genres or even mediums etc...

Comments

• Recording studio rockstars, working class audio, muscle shoals storytellers, roadie free radio, audionowcast, shane theriot, recording lounge, pensado’s place, tape op, signal 2 noise

Those are off the top of my head, I like podcasts...

• Is it podcasts you’re after, or videos?

If podcasts, Broken Record with Rick Rubin and Malcolm Gladwell interviewing some amazing artists. Check the one with Leonard Cohen’s son.

Also, Song Exploder. Go back a year or two — the recent ones aren’t as good IMO.

• edited April 2020

Awesome, thank you both, looks like lots of great leads!

@mrufino1 said:

@mistercharlie said:
    Is it podcasts you’re after, or videos?

Either I suppose, although I tend to just hit the youtube for ease of use. I haven't kept up with podcast listening means on desktop. Any good non-iTunes delivery systems?

• One other source I’ve used is Scribd, it is a document/book sharing site and they have all the Behind The Glass books (producer interviews) and stuff like George Martin’s book etc...

Podcasts like Recording Studio Rockstars, Pensados Place and Produce Like A Pro (also a great YouTube channel) have some excellent interviews.

• edited April 2020

@JRSIV said:
    One other source I’ve used is Scribd, it is a document/book sharing site and they have all the Behind The Glass books (producer interviews) and stuff like George Martin’s book etc...

Podcasts like Recording Studio Rockstars, Pensados Place and Produce Like A Pro (also a great YouTube channel) have some excellent interviews.

Yes, forgot produce like a pro, I was only thinking podcasts. Warren is great!

As far as podcasts, I also forgot:
    Groove- the no treble podcast
    Sodajerker on songwriting
    Bobby Owsinski’s Inner circle
    Hanging out with Audiophiles
    The Lowdown Society
    Twenty Thousand Hertz
    Liner Notes with David Bixler
    Gear Club
    I’d Hit That
    The Double Stop

• @AudioGus the Red Bull Academy catalog is real thick with long form YouTube goodness.

• Art & Technology (Darwin Grosse) podcast is good if you're into electronic/experimental stuff.