Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TAL-U-NO-LX AUv3 and standalone for iPad released

Comments

• @kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Ugh. Must. Resist.

Resistance is futile.

Rachel is furtive.

Rancor is fervent.

I'm holding out ... probably futile like Monzo...

I like what @wim said about waiting for a sale, I probably won’t though.

I didn’t wait, of course.

Don’t blame you, sounds stunning. I’ll no doubt get it eventually.

• https://www.expressivee.com/discover-osmose?___store=dollar_en&__from_store=dollar_en

My god, as if mpe wasn't enough, we now have mpe+?This is the midi equivalent of turning your amp up to 11, I guess. Yeah, Roli have been a let down in some ways. Let's hope these guys do it right, but that's hella expensive.

• @PhilW thanks for the update about MPE. Pity that there is no way to map to pressure, unfortunately it seems that the majority of 'mpe' synths on ios really don't implement it fully or well, it's quite disappointing. I remember reading some forum posts by Roger Linn complaining about this recently, I don't have a link though.

I’m a bit more “glass half full” about this. The Juno never had anything like it and so it could easily have been omitted, but TAL has included enough to make it a very expressive synth (and maybe they will look at including pressure in the future).

• @Gavinski said:
    https://www.expressivee.com/discover-osmose?___store=dollar_en&__from_store=dollar_en

My god, as if mpe wasn't enough, we now have mpe+?This is the midi equivalent of turning your amp up to 11, I guess. Yeah, Roli have been a let down in some ways. Let's hope these guys do it right, but that's hella expensive.

I wonder when midi 2.0 will replace them all....20 years from now maybe :#
    In general the Osmose controller might not for me but the sound engine behind it would be a dream for me. But of course it will be bound to the hardware. Its kind of a very flexible modular with state of the art physical modeling.
    But it also looks not easy to program.
    I also see a lot MPE synth on iOS but they are not really "full" MPE at the end. Things like release velocity also often are not there. Funny that the Obsidian synth in NS2 has that rare modulation option.
    Beside MPE i would love to see more options in synths for expression like sostenuto, breath, expression etc.

• so are there any other preset sources except official website and Luftrum one?

• edited April 2020

Also worth to mention that it seems to offer microtuning. A thing i would like in ALL synths.

• Instabuy.
    Sounds perfect, BUT I’m very disappointed that midi cc mapping is NOT saved. Reboot the app and you’ll have to reprogram the entire mapping again. I’ve emailed the developer about this.

There is currently no way to save midi cc maps.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Anybody manage to get Bank Change working via midi?

Looks like Program Change is fixed to Factory bank only.

Also seems to have lost my midi mappings when changing bank too?

Must have accidentally hit Midi Clear. Not keen on that being exposed so easily, would prefer that hidden in options. It's too easy to wipe away invested time setting up the midi learn.

I do like how easy the midi learn is though.

And of course the synth sounds great!

I’ve emailed the dev about this, midi cc maps are lost every time you reboot the app.

• edited April 2020

I could discipline myself and avoid buying drambo yet (opening the box of pandora) but there is no way i could get away with it in this case.Instabought.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    so are there any other preset sources except official website and Luftrum one?

I posted some links here: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/780082/#Comment_780082

• @Crabman said:
    I could discipline myself and avoid buying drambo yet (opening the box of pandora) but there is no way i could get away with it in this case.Instabought.

Drambo is some tough work waiting to explore it. I'm still procrastinating. This one means instant gratification...

• @jameslondon74 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Must have accidentally hit Midi Clear. Not keen on that being exposed so easily, would prefer that hidden in options. It's too easy to wipe away invested time setting up the midi learn.

I’ve emailed the dev about this, midi cc maps are lost every time you reboot the app.

Oh, that's annoying, have you tried midi learning the AU parameters? That should work in theory but haven't tried yet.

• @Carnbot said:

@jameslondon74 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Oh, that's annoying, have you tried midi learning the AU parameters? That should work in theory but haven't tried yet.

Edit: in fact I have tried mapping AU params and saving/reloading and it's working correctly so far :)

• Update on MPE - I was doing it a disservice before, when in mpe mode, key pressure can control volume (the fourth slider under Control). So we have initial velocity controlling the envelope, pressure controlling volume, slide controlling the filter and glide doing pitch bends (or manual vibrato by wiggling your finger). It would be nice to have a way to introduce the lfo, but other than that it is pretty much perfect - I know, no release control, but to my mind that is the least of the five degrees of expression. All in all, it makes for a wonderfully expressive instrument when coupled with an mpe controller.

• OK, good to know! Yeah, I agree that release is the least important of these, hmmm, tempting, but with all these sales recently I have already far too much to learn about my recent purchases, maybe I'll wait til it is on sale 😂

• Thanks for the update @PhilW
    I really like the sound and the simplicity of it.

• @MAtrixplan said:
    so are there any other preset sources except official website and Luftrum one?

c'mon, who needs presets for a Juno 60? It’s a very basic synth with a very nice sound. Perfect for beginners, so happy tweaking :smile:

• @Carnbot said:

@jameslondon74 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Yes I ran it through AUM and it works there, so that’s a good workaround for now. I haven’t actually done this before, so I just mapped Ruismaker Noir also! Might be a better approach in future as I can save all my cc maps in AUM.

• Yes I always do this, it's more reliable than most built in cc learning from guis and yeah you can save the different mappings :)

• Indeed is the chorus the best part (for me).
    In real i find that many iOS synth can sound better for similar sounds already than this, especially if you turn off the chorus.
    In general, while its a nice sounding synth, it is not something outstanding or so (again, for me at least).
    But the one page and easy tweak thing, plus MPE and microtuning is the big part for me.
    The Arp Odyssei f.e. sounds much beefier (but is a cpu killer) and Zeeon already does most things better (in terms of pure sound quality).
    But then i´m not after 100% emulations, i look for if it sounds good it sounds good.
    This thing is more about easy use and performance on one page rather than just "big sound" for me.
    But if the could bring Tal-Mod to ios.

• edited April 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Ugh. Must. Resist.

Resistance is futile.

Rachel is furtive.

Rancor is fervent.

MIght be good with 1/2 a bottle of wine on a Friday eve. Who doesn't need a 1/2 bottle of wine and a Juno right now?

• Anyone noticed you can’t save presets in the app??

• @Carnbot said:

@jameslondon74 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@Carnbot aha, I was going to check this today too. Good to hear it works in AUM.

@jameslondon74 Will be interesting if you hear back from the Dev about MIDI Learn in standalone.

• @PhilW said:

A test using 2 instances of Tal-U-No-LX, the first has a reverse polarity filter envelope and played with a Roli Block for expressive filter swells and the occasional glide, the second is an arp preset to fill it out a bit. Just a little reverb added in Cubasis. I’m loving this so far, only had it for a couple of hours.

Really nice! I want to see the movie that goes with that.

• @espiegel123 said:

@PhilW said:

A test using 2 instances of Tal-U-No-LX, the first has a reverse polarity filter envelope and played with a Roli Block for expressive filter swells and the occasional glide, the second is an arp preset to fill it out a bit. Just a little reverb added in Cubasis. I’m loving this so far, only had it for a couple of hours.

Really nice! I want to see the movie that goes with that.

haha me too

• @kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Ugh. Must. Resist.

Resistance is futile.

Rachel is furtive.

Rancor is fervent.

MIght be good with 1/2 a bottle of wine on a Friday eve. Who doesn't need a 1/2 bottle of wine and a Juno right now?

Yeah maybe - I was saving my pennies in the hope the rock Lumbeat drummer will go on sale, as I don’t have any of his apps. I’ll have to negotiate with the Mrs later.

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Anyone noticed you can’t save presets in the app??

You can make a folder in Files, create and save presets in standalone and that folder will show up in AU. I emailed him about saving presets in AU and he is looking into it

• @MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Ugh. Must. Resist.

Resistance is futile.

Rachel is furtive.

Rancor is fervent.

Yeah maybe - I was saving my pennies in the hope the rock Lumbeat drummer will go on sale, as I don’t have any of his apps. I’ll have to negotiate with the Mrs later.

Fwiw, if you don’t have any LUMBeats apps, rock drummer might not be the one to get. Some of them are buckets of awesomeness but the reviews from people of rock drummer are a much more mixed bag than Funk Drummer, Jazz Drummer or Soft Drummer. Several others are very good , too. I don’t have rock drummer based on what I’ve been told and heard. But,ymmv. There may be rock drummer fans out there.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Fwiw, if you don’t have any LUMBeats apps, rock drummer might not be the one to get. Some of them are buckets of awesomeness but the reviews from people of rock drummer are a much more mixed bag than Funk Drummer, Jazz Drummer or Soft Drummer. Several others are very good , too. I don’t have rock drummer based on what I’ve been told and heard. But,ymmv. There may be rock drummer fans out there.

Rock Drummer is cheese, the sounds are too heavy and processed for me. Soft Drummer and Funk Drummer are my personal favourites.

• @Clueless said:
    Also worth to mention that it seems to offer microtuning. A thing i would like in ALL synths.

Does this work in the AU? I believe @Carnbot indicated that it might only be in the standalone.

This is the thing that might push me off the fence.... Yes it sounds great, but for 99% of what I would use a Juno for (pads down in the mix) I'm sure I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this or Zeeon or iSEM. Microtuning however....