Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TAL-U-NO-LX AUv3 and standalone for iPad released

Comments

• the Juno-60 was my first hardware synth (sadly sold it), TAL-U-NO my most used VST for years, great to have it on iOS. such a nice and simple but great-sounding synth.

• Yeah it's best in apps like AUM and apeMatrix that allow reshaping of the AU window..

• I want this so bad. 😌☝️🙏❤️

• Just tried it with my Roli Block keyboard, switch on the MPE mode and pitch bend (Glide) is automatically correct and there are dedicated controls to allow filter to be brought in with vertical movements (Slide) and velocity on the filter and/or volume. This makes it hugely expressive. I couldn’t get it to respond to pressure, but as it is, it is very expressive. Couple that with some wonderful and varied (and yet easy to program) sounds and you have a winner.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Ugh. Must. Resist.

Resistance is futile.

Rachel is furtive.

Rancor is fervent.

I'm holding out ... probably futile like Monzo...

I like what @wim said about waiting for a sale, I probably won’t though.

I didn’t wait, of course.

• I really want those luftrum 12 presets. MMMMM.

• A test using 2 instances of Tal-U-No-LX, the first has a reverse polarity filter envelope and played with a Roli Block for expressive filter swells and the occasional glide, the second is an arp preset to fill it out a bit. Just a little reverb added in Cubasis. I’m loving this so far, only had it for a couple of hours.

• I buy everything but I need to stop.

It reminds me of the hours spent programming a Roland JX-3P without the optional programmer hardware add-on. Good times. 2 hours to make and save a user patch.
    Chasing sounds it could never duplicate. But still... that Roland sound was thrilling for
    a synth on my budget. It's still a great synth engine... I'll probably get it after the credit card stops glowing in the dark from overheating.

• wow tal on ios!

• @White said:

@Carnbot said:

@White said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Website for desktop software has a bunch of patches and demos

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-u-no-lx

Thanks, downloaded and installed the presets 😊👍

Thanks :) The "free" folders of presets don't seem to work for me...they are greyed out after installing. Are they working for you?

Yes, I downloaded the zip files and unzipped them and copied the folders to the presets folder. Opened the standalone app and they are there

for the ios version!?

• @ion677 said:
    I really want those luftrum 12 presets. MMMMM.

wow

• @PhilW said:

A test using 2 instances of Tal-U-No-LX, the first has a reverse polarity filter envelope and played with a Roli Block for expressive filter swells and the occasional glide, the second is an arp preset to fill it out a bit. Just a little reverb added in Cubasis. I’m loving this so far, only had it for a couple of hours.

wow that sounds great!

• wimwim
    edited April 2020

Ahh, what the hell? Why not encourage (sucker?) a brand-new to iOS developer with as much success as possible right up front? Get 'em going on a couple more ports before they realize how minuscule ROI really is). Yeh, I'm doing it for them ... helping the economy ... etc.

Yep. Gonna go with that one. Don't think the wife will buy that when she sees the credit card bill, but I'll know that I took one for the team. Sleeping on the couch isn't all that uncomfortable anyway.

• @wim haha, I like your dedication, taking one for the team.
    @PhilW thanks for the update about MPE. Pity that there is no way to map to pressure, unfortunately it seems that the majority of 'mpe' synths on ios really don't implement it fully or well, it's quite disappointing. I remember reading some forum posts by Roger Linn complaining about this recently, I don't have a link though.

• @PhilW said:

A test using 2 instances of Tal-U-No-LX, the first has a reverse polarity filter envelope and played with a Roli Block for expressive filter swells and the occasional glide, the second is an arp preset to fill it out a bit. Just a little reverb added in Cubasis. I’m loving this so far, only had it for a couple of hours.

That is some big noise. Sounds like all the grisly pomp of an off-world execution.

• I have been such a fan boy for this to come out and of course I can’t spend the funds for it when it does come out. Oh well I’ll have it soon enough, awesome synth

• @McD said:
    I buy everything but I need to stop.

It reminds me of the hours spent programming a Roland JX-3P without the optional programmer hardware add-on. Good times. 2 hours to make and save a user patch.
    Chasing sounds it could never duplicate. But still... that Roland sound was thrilling for
    a synth on my budget. It's still a great synth engine... I'll probably get it after the credit card stops glowing in the dark from overheating.

This and the JX-8P were grossly underrated hybrids for the time. I remember a friend preferring to gig with my Yamaha TG-100 rompler box because he thought the sounds were more ‘realistic’ and his 8P sounded dated. Funny thing is there was no way I would have done a swap even if he begged. So to have something similar-ish on my iPad is 😍

• edited April 2020

the 106 was also my first synth- borrowed from a friend- but unlike most I didn’t really get on with it- I liked to use it for pads- but I was more interested in getting a sampler and mangling horror sounds into abstract soundscapes at the time- now I appreciate my jd xi for those juno sounds -

• @Littlewoodg said:
    I have a GUI question

Is everybody seeing this:

That space is for your ashtray and/or coke mirror... 80’s baby...

• @reasOne said:

@White said:

@Carnbot said:

@White said:

@audiblevideo said:
    Website for desktop software has a bunch of patches and demos

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-u-no-lx

Thanks, downloaded and installed the presets 😊👍

Thanks :) The "free" folders of presets don't seem to work for me...they are greyed out after installing. Are they working for you?

Yes, I downloaded the zip files and unzipped them and copied the folders to the presets folder. Opened the standalone app and they are there

for the ios version!?

Yes, for the ios version 😊

• Sounds so good! I imported all my desktop presets which have been sitting there for so long and they sound incredible!

• aw shit! So welcome. A kevin costner movie and this in the same night? Heaven

• Fastest thing I've ever bought. Wanted this for so long

• best news to wake up to this morning. thanks @waka_x ! ..and it's now #1 on app store

glad TAL came over to iOS

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone got one of these does it work with iPad ?

curious as well

• @Gavinski said:
    @wim haha, I like your dedication, taking one for the team.
    @PhilW thanks for the update about MPE. Pity that there is no way to map to pressure, unfortunately it seems that the majority of 'mpe' synths on ios really don't implement it fully or well, it's quite disappointing. I remember reading some forum posts by Roger Linn complaining about this recently, I don't have a link though.

No after touch is a bummer. I also think it’s hard to find a “proper” MPE synth on iOS. Model 15 maybe but it’s such a pain to patch. In the end I always turn MPE off on my Linnstrument or just use a sequencer.

This thing sounds good and is everything in one screen. I like it.

@ion677 said:
    I really want those luftrum 12 presets. MMMMM.

By the way Luftrum had some beautiful patches for Animoog too. Worth checking.

• Yes, I really wish equator, cypher and strobe would get ported to iOS, looking unlikely though at this point. They would change everything though and I think far more people would buy mpe controllers if things of this calibre were available on ios. I still find it farcical that the apple stores are the main place that people buy Roli products and yet they still haven't made available one decent mpe synth for iOS, it is a marketing disaster imo. Does the synclavier app have full featured mpe, does anyone know?

• Unexpected and really nice to see this on iOS. Its really a good sounding and expressive synth.
    I hope they will bring Tal-Mod to iOS as well.

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes, I really wish equator, cypher and strobe would get ported to iOS, looking unlikely though at this point. They would change everything though and I think far more people would buy mpe controllers if things of this calibre were available on ios. I still find it farcical that the apple stores are the main place that people buy Roli products and yet they still haven't made available one decent mpe synth for iOS, it is a marketing disaster imo. Does the synclavier app have full featured mpe, does anyone know?

If only I could export Equator’s presets to Noise...
    At least for a start.

I don’t know about Synclavier though.

Audio Damage synths are good with MPE.

• @Gavinski said:
    Yes, I really wish equator, cypher and strobe would get ported to iOS, looking unlikely though at this point. They would change everything though and I think far more people would buy mpe controllers if things of this calibre were available on ios. I still find it farcical that the apple stores are the main place that people buy Roli products and yet they still haven't made available one decent mpe synth for iOS, it is a marketing disaster imo. Does the synclavier app have full featured mpe, does anyone know?

Indeed, i own Equator and Strobe 2 since i also own a Seaboard Rise. Strobe has much better filters but i do not use it much. I also don´t touch Equator often since the filters and FX are just so O.k. for me but i would agree that its by far the best MPE synth and also because of how the modulation system there works. Its the most easy and fast way for a MPE synth so far. I could imagine also that the current GUI would work on a big iPad well.
    In general Roli is a bit meh for me now after the first years in terms of hardware and software development and things like the Osmose will be lightyears ahead and more interesting.