Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TAL-U-NO-LX AUv3 and standalone for iPad released

Comments

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Programming Posion-202 is similiar to the 2000s Roland Gaia SH-01 digital VA (which to me doesn't sound like a SH-101).

Yes I’ve got a Gaia and it has a similar architecture, albeit with three osc-filter-amp channels rather than 2 in Poison.

• Poison 202 reminds me very much Roland System-1... it's almost loke Poison's oscillators and filters were modelled based on System1 ....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    [Desperately trying to find a reason not to buy this considering I just looked at the credit card bill for all my app purchases since lockdown]

Is this redundant with Korg Mono/Poly or Odyseei?

Me too, and I don’t use those either.

The selling point for this one is it’s AU and CPU friendly. Sounds very Human League too.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Can someone who owns both give an opinion about how this compares to Poison 202?

They're emulating different decades, I believe? The Tal is the 80s, and Poison is the 90s and '00s, right?

Poison isn't emulating the same synth. Per Jim Audio, Poison is emulating a classic 80's synth -- but I think that it is inspired by a different Roland synth not the Juno.

Hm. You’re probably right. Alpha Juno?

• @Samu said:

@cyberheater said:

@Samu said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    The preset browsing is a bit awkward, but ...wtf. It just sounds so good. I feel so... retro.

Pair it with KQ Dixie and some Linn Drums and it's 80s all over again :D

And add in the free Moog we got the other week.

Yepp...
    Just wish I could tune the drums in GarageBand :)
    (So far it's got the best Linn Drum samples of any iOS app out there).

Really? I had no idea. Maybe I can get them out of there by the magic of recording, importing it into, say, Audioshare, cutting it into pieces and using it in another app? Is that how it could work?😇

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    [Desperately trying to find a reason not to buy this considering I just looked at the credit card bill for all my app purchases since lockdown]

Is this redundant with Korg Mono/Poly or Odyseei?

No, complementary. If only iMonoPoly was AUv3... sigh.

• His desktop sampler is crazy good...hope it will bring it here

• This thing sounds so so good. I was able to recreate Nils Frahm “Says” pretty quickly using this and the RE-1 tape echo. Even if you own an embarrassing amount of AU synths (like me) this is an instabuy.

• @ion677 said:
    Even if you own an embarrassing amount of AU synths (like me)...

Guilty as called...

• I don't feel guilty at all. Just saying.

• edited April 2020

@ion677 said:
    This thing sounds so so good. I was able to recreate Nils Frahm “Says” pretty quickly using this and the RE-1 tape echo. Even if you own an embarrassing amount of AU synths (like me) this is an instabuy.

OH GODDAMMIT. BOUGHT.
    :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ion677 said:
    This thing sounds so so good. I was able to recreate Nils Frahm “Says” pretty quickly using this and the RE-1 tape echo. Even if you own an embarrassing amount of AU synths (like me) this is an instabuy.

OH GODDAMMIT. BOUGHT.

NOT A WORD, GOODYEAR.
    @JohnnyGoodyear

• edited April 2020

On the desktop, I'd consider this to be at the bottom of the top tier of soft synths. Which means it's really, really good (at a great price). I haven't heard it on iOS yet, but if it's the same on the desktop, it'd automatically go in the very top tier of synths, esp. in the analogue emulation category.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ion677 said:

OH GODDAMMIT. BOUGHT.

NOT A WORD, GOODYEAR.
    @JohnnyGoodyear

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ion677 said:

OH GODDAMMIT. BOUGHT.

NOT A WORD, GOODYEAR.
    @JohnnyGoodyear

Why is Daddy laughing uncontrollably by himself in his study when he's supposed to be working?

• I’ve owned several Juno 106’s in the past. when TAL-U-NO-LX came out I spent a night comparing both. I sold my Juno the next day. It’s that good.

• edited April 2020

I think I can safely file this under lockdown expenses to help keep any isolation demons at bay. Such soothing virtual analoguery :)

Nice it has sliders too, prefer these to virtual knobs really.

• Awesome to see TAL on iOS and as expected this sounds amazing. Sub Osc + Chorus mode 2 = heaven for bass. Anyone else finding the sliders a bit weird? It’s as if they respond to both vertical and horizontal movements and sometimes get confused between the two and jump around, makes jamming with it less fun!

• Website for desktop software has a bunch of patches and demos

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-u-no-lx

• @audiblevideo said:
    Website for desktop software has a bunch of patches and demos

Thanks, downloaded and installed the presets 😊👍

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Here’s hoping this one is next. and their Sampler

Yes, please TAL Sampler.

• Isn’t the Bassline 101 (SH-101 clone) basically a monophonic Juno? I can’t really see anything much that is not already available on the Juno clone.

• @White said:

@audiblevideo said:

Thanks :) The "free" folders of presets don't seem to work for me...they are greyed out after installing. Are they working for you?

• @PhilW said:
    Isn’t the Bassline 101 (SH-101 clone) basically a monophonic Juno? I can’t really see anything much that is not already available on the Juno clone.

No it isn’t - sequencer, variations for sub-osc, different filter, envelope has different triggering modes. Different enough overall to be complementary.

• @Carnbot said:

@White said:

@audiblevideo said:

Thanks :) The "free" folders of presets don't seem to work for me...they are greyed out after installing. Are they working for you?

ah, I downloaded the vst3 preset folder, that might be why..I'll try the other links

• @Carnbot said:

@White said:

@audiblevideo said:

Yes, I downloaded the zip files and unzipped them and copied the folders to the presets folder. Opened the standalone app and they are there

• Ugh. Must. Resist.

• edited April 2020

@anickt said:

@PhilW said:
    Isn’t the Bassline 101 (SH-101 clone) basically a monophonic Juno? I can’t really see anything much that is not already available on the Juno clone.

No it isn’t - sequencer, variations for sub-osc, different filter, envelope has different triggering modes. Different enough overall to be complementary.

This. I’ve owned both of the original hardware units (had several SH-101’s, as well as all the variants of the Juno, 6/60/106). Definitely different.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Ugh. Must. Resist.

Resistance is futile.

• @White said:

@Carnbot said:

@White said:

@audiblevideo said:

Yes, I downloaded the zip files and unzipped them and copied the folders to the presets folder. Opened the standalone app and they are there

Thanks, yep downloaded them now, I installed the vst3 presets instead which don't work :)