Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TAL-U-NO-LX AUv3 and standalone for iPad released

Comments

• @LeonKowalski said:
    The preset browsing is a bit awkward, but ...wtf. It just sounds so good. I feel so... retro.

Don’t lift your finger. Slide it around. I thought the same initially.

• @Samu said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    The preset browsing is a bit awkward, but ...wtf. It just sounds so good. I feel so... retro.

Pair it with KQ Dixie and some Linn Drums and it's 80s all over again :D

And add in the free Moog we got the other week.

• @cyberheater said:

@Samu said:

@LeonKowalski said:

And add in the free Moog we got the other week.

Yepp...
    Just wish I could tune the drums in GarageBand :)
    (So far it's got the best Linn Drum samples of any iOS app out there).

• Anyone got one of these does it work with iPad ?

• Ha - just when I was making a similar synth in Drambo! But this is very tempting, very easy to use and great sounds.

• edited April 2020

Sounds rifficulous (in a good way). Probably already mentioned, but some spare real estate on my 12.9 (this in standalone):

• I also feel some preset louder then others. Not with iPad speaker but with external speakers.
    Don’t kill me but for me some sounds are spectacular others are meh.
    The AUv3 version is one of the lightest instrument I have ever tried. Around 9% of cpu using Aum and 512 ms latency.

• This is EXCELLENT!

I had this back when I was making music on PC so I'm familiar with just how excellent this app sounds. And now I have a Roland Juno on my iPad - NICE!

Looks like it's gonna be a Synthwave kinda weekend....

• Parameters exposed in AUM?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Parameters exposed in AUM?

Yes. Also in NS2 and Zenbeats.

• @anickt said:

@TimRussell said:
    Sounds amazing but there is massive variation in volume when auditioning the different presets. Some sounds are nearly silent (eg the FMR organ patches) whereas others positively bust my iPad speakers.
    Plus some of the patches are very low pitched and only being able to transpose up 2 octaves is a slight limitation (although this only really applies when using the built in keyboard).

I’m not finding this with headphones. Might be overloading your iPad speakers. Also, you can transpose the keyboard with the arrows to the left and right of it.

Ah thanks, didn’t see those!

• Pretty cool testing this with the Suggester Midi AU now that looping and sync work. Instant chord gratification.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Anyone got one of these does it work with iPad ?

I don’t have one, but it seems to be catered for.

• [Desperately trying to find a reason not to buy this considering I just looked at the credit card bill for all my app purchases since lockdown]

Is this redundant with Korg Mono/Poly or Odyseei?

• @Samu said:

@LeonKowalski said:

Yes! 💯

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    [Desperately trying to find a reason not to buy this considering I just looked at the credit card bill for all my app purchases since lockdown]

This interface works better than either of the others on the iPad. I’ve had all 3 in hardware and this is the only one I’m satisfied with on iPad.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    [Desperately trying to find a reason not to buy this considering I just looked at the credit card bill for all my app purchases since lockdown]

Buy now, cry later. Am writing to my Congressman this morning as regards some kind of 'forgiveness/bail-out' for app purchases made during this difficult period etc.

• Is it possible to set up aftertouch (or slide in MPE mode) to control say filter cutoff or lfo amount? I’m assuming this should be possible with midi learn but would like it confirmed before diving in. I know that the original didn’t have aftertouch, but it would be a great enhancement, maybe getting towards cs-80-like expression.

• @anickt said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

This interface works better than either of the others on the iPad. I’ve had all 3 in hardware and this is the only one I’m satisfied with on iPad.

You're not wrong about that. I never reach for either Korg synth.

• Bought it so I can stop regretting selling my 106.

It sounds great and really captures the original. When resonance is pushed to self-oscillation it doesn't quite whistle like my hardware Juno used to, but then again I rarely pushed it that far anyway for real-world musical purposes.

• edited April 2020

FINALLY! Togu is on iOS! :) And with the best Juno emulator! I normally don't buy synth AUs anymore, but this one is an instabuy.

• Can someone who owns both give an opinion about how this compares to Poison 202?

• How many presets does it come with?

• Nostalgia!! The 106 was my first ever hardware synth (don’t have any hardware anymore). I can still remember buying a 2nd one on a flea market for less then €100,00. One DCO needed to be fixed but Saint Eric from Dordrecht Netherlands fixed that for me. Still hitting myself I have sold all my synths and samplers years ago (Moog Prodigy, MPC60 and many many more stuff). Already was familiar with the TAL version and very glad it’s now on iOS. Instant 80’s (and early days gabber sounds!) pair it with PU and we’re back at the Thunderdome!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Can someone who owns both give an opinion about how this compares to Poison 202?

They're emulating different decades, I believe? The Tal is the 80s, and Poison is the 90s and '00s, right?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Can someone who owns both give an opinion about how this compares to Poison 202?

They're emulating different decades, I believe? The Tal is the 80s, and Poison is the 90s and '00s, right?

Poison isn't emulating the same synth. Per Jim Audio, Poison is emulating a classic 80's synth -- but I think that it is inspired by a different Roland synth not the Juno.

• Wow! Those sounds.. that is really something..
    It’s great to see TAL on iOS.. look forward to seeing the rest of the family.. welcome..

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Pretty cool testing this with the Suggester Midi AU now that looping and sync work. Instant chord gratification.

Great idea. Will try that in a bit. Ooh, luvvly.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

Poison isn't emulating the same synth. Per Jim Audio, Poison is emulating a classic 80's synth -- but I think that it is inspired by a different Roland synth not the Juno.

Since it has supersaw I assumed Poison was inspired by the JP-8000

• Programming Posion-202 is similiar to the 2000s Roland Gaia SH-01 digital VA (which to me doesn't sound like a SH-101).