Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Rozeta X-Y vs. Perforator to emulate the Endlesss gate

I want to build the equivalent of the Endlesss gate effect. Rozeta XY controlling Perforator’s step length and step resolution should get me most of the way there, right?

I can get XY to control everything on Perforator except step resolution, though. Perforator exposes a midi control for step resolution, but it won’t respond for me. Anyone else ever gotten this to work?

Comments

• _ki_ki
    edited April 2020

Hi, i just tested in AUM.

I routed Rozeta XY to AUMs midi control and then assigned the CCs to control the AU parameters ‚STEPS‘ and ‚STEP RESOLUTION‘ of Perforator.

Controlling ‚steps‘ worked, the number of steps visually changed - but ‚step resolution‘ did neither change visually nor from the audio side.

I‘ve send a bug report

• @_ki said:

I routed Rozeta XY to AUMs midi control and then assigned the CCs to control the AU parameters ‚STEPS‘ and ‚STEP RESOLUTION‘ of Perforator.

Controlling ‚steps‘ worked, the number of steps visually changed - but ‚step resolution‘ did neither change visually nor from the audio side.

I‘ve send a bug report

Thanks, that’s exactly what tried and I observed.

• @_ki said:

I‘ve send a bug report

I had the idea to use the AUM channel volume as a VCA. I would drive it with Rozeta square wave lfo, and use Rozeta x-y to modulate the gate pattern by controlling lfo speed. It works, but the problem is that Rozeta lfo will only go up to 1.6hz, or 4x the tempo clock, which is not fast enough to get nice groovy trance gates. Foiled again!