Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Panstation 2 by Audio Damage, Inc.

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1506390344

Description:

Finally available for iOS!. To create Panstation, we started with a loose model of the venerable Drawmer M500's panning engine, then added the counting features from the Audio & Design PanScan (probably the most famous vintage autopanner, and the "secret weapon" of many well-known producers.) The result is an autopanner plug-in that is second to none in both feature set and sound.

Built for both iPhones and iPads, Panstation is available as an AudioUnit V3 (with sidechain input in hosts that have that capabilty) and Standalone with Inter-App Audio. The AUv3 requires a host such as AUM, Cubasis, GarageBand, or BeatMaker Pro 3 (etc.) to be used.

Features

• Four different panning laws, including an exact 1:1 clone of the M500 pan law.

• Ten panning waveforms, including all the waveforms present in the M500.

• Free-run, MIDI tempo sync, MIDI note trigger, MIDI note number, and CC control of panning.

• Audio trigger counting feature from the A&D PanScan.

• Relative phase control of each side, for tremolo and stereo widening effects.

• Vector-based reactive UI.

• Share presets between the AUv3 and Standalone, or between the iOS versions and the desktop versions.

• Manual available on the Audio Damage site.

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up!

• Hmmm panning. Time for a snack.

• Does it have Samplr?

• @wim said:
    Does it have Samplr?

🛎

• @wim said:
    Does it have Samplr?

😉

So what is the use case for this? Every DAW and many synths has panning already so what is gained by us the app?

• Funky pan...

• It's a modulation app. I'm always LFOing in the pan in AUM but this'll make it a lot easier to play around with.... Side chain input as well. :)

• autopan is a dope effect in ableton, so ill probably end up grabbing this. surely to produce some wild fx

• I'm sure Doug will make his video about this not in Mono, right?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@wim said:
    Does it have Samplr?

😉

So what is the use case for this? Every DAW and many synths has panning already so what is gained by us the app?

Use your load pan dude, everybody needs to get their stuff completely baked in left and right...

• @Carnbot said:
    It's a modulation app. I'm always LFOing in the pan in AUM but this'll make it a lot easier to play around with.... Side chain input as well. :)

What does this app do that I can’t achieve with lfo and AUM?

How does side chain interact with lfo in this application?

• Works great with percussion ie fractal Bits.

• Spent a dreamy 20 minutes on the 'Piano Bell' preset from Bleass in NS2 mostly on 'Slow Linear Pan' (#10)....90 degrees here today and that finally made me feel it. Very nice.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Carnbot said:
    It's a modulation app. I'm always LFOing in the pan in AUM but this'll make it a lot easier to play around with.... Side chain input as well. :)

What does this app do that I can’t achieve with lfo and AUM?

How does side chain interact with lfo in this application?

I don't have it yet, but it'll be just another way to set when the modulation happens via audio input. You could do similar things by making custom LFOs but this makes it easier to play around I guess.

You could probably do similar things with FAC envolver and panning too...

• Awesome! Filled a niche, nicely done AD👍🏼

• A favorite effect in BM2, Tabletop, (and yes BM3) always wondered why I couldn’t find it anyplace else...

• Instabuy!

• Modulated/rhythmic panning is something I have been wanting to add to my AUM toolkit so this might just be the thing.

• Have 5$ in my account. I’m torn. Panstation 2, Glitchcore, or Voxsyn Pro?

• @hogyard said:
    Have 5$ in my account. I’m torn. Panstation 2, Glitchcore, or Voxsyn Pro?

GlitchCore for me

• @hogyard said:

Steal more money, preferably from children (smaller and less likely to sue etc).

• Can someone do a quick demo of this?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hogyard said:

Steal more money, preferably from children (smaller and less likely to sue etc).

The treacherous little boogers always squeal to Mom though. 😖

• @LeonKowalski said:
    I'm sure Doug will make his video about this not in Mono, right?

Does anyone know why so many of Doug's (The Sound Test Room's) review demos are IN MONO???
    Kind of kills half the joy of everything for me, though I remain ever an addicted fan of STR regardless

Apologies for the thread diversion...

• @UrbanNinja said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    I'm sure Doug will make his video about this not in Mono, right?

Does anyone know why so many of Doug's (The Sound Test Room's) review demos are IN MONO???
    Kind of kills half the joy of everything for me, though I remain ever an addicted fan of STR regardless

Apologies for the thread diversion...

Lol a Panstation demo in mono is quite funny.

• Get Tube AU and route the output from the video through Panstation :D

• edited April 2020

[deleted - see new video below]

• Of course, this synth sound will not do justice to all the presets, but it is just to give a quick idea of things...

• @Gavinski said:
    Of course, this synth sound will not do justice to all the presets, but it is just to give a quick idea of things...

Cool, thank you.
    🙂

• edited April 2020

I’ve uploaded a different, more rhythmic patch that does more justice to all the presets, I have deleted the previous YouTube vid: