Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auditor Auto Slicing Tutorial | TheAudioDabbler

Hey guys, I am demoing the new slicing feature in Auditor.

Comments

• Thank You very much for the video. I was pretty lost😂

• Thank you..

• @Charlesalbert it can be a little confusing when you first open Auditor up. Then it is not obvious where the Slicer tool is.

@RajahP you are welcome.

• This new slicing feature in Auditor is going to be a huge deal for a lot of beat makers + sound designers etc... that was interesting that you demoed 2 ways of doing this.. I didn’t really think of doing it the 2nd way, which does have many more options.. could be handy just for that.. thanks Mitch.. 👍

• Thanks for the video Mitch @TheAudioDabbler very informative as always. Any chance of doing another showing more of the basic features? I find it a bit daunting to simply drop in a few clips and edit them together.

• Good vid Mister Mitch and that shelter-in-beard is blooming great guns :)

• @RJB i thought about doing some basic tutorials on it. Just need to figure out a good use case.

@JohnnyGoodyear thanks. I’m working hard on the beard. Finally talked my wore into letting me grow it out big.

• I’ve been thinking about using it as a basic multitrack editor, get a load of guitar takes into some sort of structure to build an arrangement around...

• @RJB said:
    Thanks for the video Mitch @TheAudioDabbler very informative as always. Any chance of doing another showing more of the basic features? I find it a bit daunting to simply drop in a few clips and edit them together.

Which aspects of it do you need demoed?

• Seems the Au Player is so hidden in this gem.... little dark too..

• @RajahP said:
    Seems the Au Player is so hidden in this gem.... little dark too..

Must agree as regards The Darkness.

• @espiegel123

@TheAudioDabbler Ideally I’d like to see cutting, inserting and deleting on a single track and then layering audio on multiple tracks. I’m on old video editor so I think my vid editing paradigm is getting in the way of understanding the mechanics of the workflow.

• @RJB said:

@espiegel123

@TheAudioDabbler Ideally I’d like to see cutting, inserting and deleting on a single track and then layering audio on multiple tracks. I’m on old video editor so I think my vid editing paradigm is getting in the way of understanding the mechanics of the workflow.

Re: inserting. Do you mean inserting new recorded material or material from another file?

• @espiegel123

Re: inserting. Do you mean inserting new recorded material or material from another file?

Mainly from other files, combining different voice recordings and aligning on different beats was the first project I tried and failed miserably

• @RajahP said:
    Seems the Au Player is so hidden in this gem.... little dark too..

It’s not as dark when you load an audio file

• @RJB said:

@espiegel123

Mainly from other files, combining different voice recordings and aligning on different beats was the first project I tried and failed miserably

Can you say more about the way that aligning to beats failed?

Were you using one or more layers?

If I were editing events from more than one file, I would use a layer for the second file, create regions from the audio that I want to insert and then drag them up on to the main layer. I do that with voice over tracks a lot to piece together one take from several. It is a lot quicker for me than editing in a DAW.

• This is a great untangling, Mitch. Thanks so much.
    Auditor feels really powerful and it seems like it's almost a core app of an AUM setup. I wish it could slice to its own pads! But I wonder whether a midi keyboard, like KB1, might be able to play the slices in Auditor? Or could Atom sequence them?

• edited April 2020

@ExAsperis99 that could be cool.

I will say that we and I am including me, sometimes want more than an app is designed for. I think there could be improvements with Auditor but I am not sure Midi pads would be one of them. Maybe baking in the editing and slicing into its own unique AUv3 drum pad app would be awesome. Combined with the ease of use like Koala. But one can dream.

I see some apps like Auditor, Xequence, etc. as stepping stones. Hopefully with each new standalone app that is a game changer in its respective area, we will eventually get a full fledged DAW that rivals desktops.

Would it not be awesome to see an app that has autoslicing and other audio editing like Auditor, a midi editing piano roll like Xequence, an AUM/AUdiobus/ApeMatrix hybrid audio routing, AUM midi routing, Bezier curves for automation, etc. The list could go on and on but then I think about it.

We do have a DAW that has all of that. Its called an iPad. Sure, somethings don't work out exactly right. But every year it keeps getting better and better.

**steps down from his quarantine bucket.

@RJB I fiddled around with Auditor for basic editing and I think I can come up with a decent video showcasing some stuff.

• @RJB I fiddled around with Auditor for basic editing and I think I can come up with a decent video showcasing some stuff.

@Theaudiodabbler That sounds great Mitch, I guess I’m just a-bit confused with all the different handles-markers and all the other options to edit the audio. Much appreciated if you find the time.

• Thanks so much for this one @TheAudioDabbler - great video. Also am I hearing the reassuring sound of mouse-clicking as you maneuver and school us? If so what are you using? (pardon both the thread derail and potential rhetorical-ness).

• I need to watch this... I bought this app but Drambo... so I need to rewind to other news now.